Frustrated trader, need advice

meanreversion

3,398 537
I read 'Manwatching' when I was 7 or 8, I found it fascinating (especially the naughty bits). I can still remember some of the sections now, e.g. there was one on altruism, namely that humans are by nature selfish, not altruistic. It didn't really make sense to me at the time but now it does. I should re-read it.

marketpupil

27 0
Sorry for the late update.

For those of you who are interested. I believe that the gap in the EURUSD over the weekend will gap down on Sunday's open. Look for around a 10 pip gain if you are short selling the gap.

Have a great weekend. Cheers!

DashRiprock

Experienced member
1,650 482
its ok to be late its your blog :) sorry for book reviews :eek:

can you go over that again please?

on kiwi opening its best to go short eur/usd looking for 10 pips

what stop? 40 pips like in the blog?
why?

marketpupil

27 0
its ok to be late its your blog :) sorry for book reviews :eek:

can you go over that again please?

on kiwi opening its best to go short eur/usd looking for 10 pips

what stop? 40 pips like in the blog?
why?

Ha! Thanks for adding the comedy act, I'm not sure if this forum would be as interesting without your and meanreversions' unique points of view. Have a great weekend :clap:

DashRiprock

Experienced member
1,650 482
Ha! Thanks for adding the comedy act, I'm not sure if this forum would be as interesting without your and meanreversions' unique points of view. Have a great weekend :clap:

honest question: If you've been trading this "strategy" for 7 months, why werent you a member of trade to win from 7 months ago?

marketpupil

27 0
honest question: If you've been trading this "strategy" for 7 months, why werent you a member of trade to win from 7 months ago?

I honestly had no idea of the existence of this message board until sometime in December. Overall, I enjoy the forum. There are some generally helpful people that mostly offer valuable advice. Also, I remember when I was just starting out and how I wished that someone would give me solid trading advice. I sure wish I knew about message boards like this when I first began trading.

meanreversion

3,398 537

You're resorting to an ad hominem attack because you can't defend your reasoning. Also, technically, if three people (Dash, amit and myself) each share the view that your "logic" is fatally flawed, our opinion is not unique. As it stands, YOU are the unique one as I've seen no-one else here support your method (such as it is).

I would strongly advise reading this article from Wikipedia -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_does_not_imply_causation

and also 'Fooled by randomness' by Taleb.

brettus

Experienced member
1,185 103
You're resorting to an ad hominem attack because you can't defend your reasoning. Also, technically, if three people (Dash, amit and myself) each share the view that your "logic" is fatally flawed, our opinion is not unique. As it stands, YOU are the unique one as I've seen no-one else here support your method (such as it is).

I would strongly advise reading this article from Wikipedia -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_does_not_imply_causation

and also 'Fooled by randomness' by Taleb.

The gap trade does work or has been for months now. I'm not sure about guessing which way it will gap though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock