From Zero to Hero - in a year's time

How about publishing the current p/l on each post ?
Echo the gl
:smart:

Ah yes -7.03% currently.

Right - with a start last month.

The impatient have no way of beating the market. They are fed to the bucket shops wholesale and retail instead. These seekers of immediate profits become an easy source thereof.

Weren't you the one suggesting I use "some oscillator" as an offsetting ranging strategy in the other thread? :D

Right - with a start last month.

The impatient have no way of beating the market. They are fed to the bucket shops wholesale and retail instead. These seekers of immediate profits become an easy source thereof.

Weren't you the one suggesting I use "some oscillator" as an offsetting ranging strategy in the other thread? :D

Yes I was. Do you not like that idea ?

Hi - How many signals per month, on average, does the algorithm generate? I notice that last night's trade was the first signal this month - is that typical?

Hi - How many signals per month, on average, does the algorithm generate? I notice that last night's trade was the first signal this month - is that typical?

The number of signals entirely depends on the number of sufficiently large price breakouts. An entry is triggered by such a breakout.

+18% with only 6 trades all done at roughly the same time in the same direction on the same instrument = over leveraged.

+18% with only 6 trades all done at roughly the same time in the same direction on the same instrument = over leveraged.

That's how I roll. If I wanted to go with lower risk, I could easily slash the lot size or the account leverage. But my goal is to score big within a reasonable time span.

Yesterday's U-turn brought four losing trades. Yet there's never a way to tell if a breakout will end up reverting. About half of them doesn't. Yet that does leave us with a chance for an unlucky streak where the desperate and the impatient get eliminated much to the bucket shops' joy.

We'll see if the US data and Fed Chair Yellen will stir some market movements today (probably, not). Otherwise, I really look forward to her June 6 speech, the subsequent June 15 Fed rate decision, and the show of the year - the UK's Brexit referendum.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    74.4 KB · Views: 165
No longer so - both accounts are now in the green, +4.1% and +18.18% accordingly. :clap:
BabyJake, seriously if your bot is making money, anything over 20% annually (maybe less even double digits suit me), I know a guy who runs a hedgefund they have an AUM of £400m, they are looking for some new guys and would fund about £12m to start. You are looking at 60% performance fee. I am not kidding....

This is how much people want this stuff, so coming in here saying this stuff is insane. If I had a bot that was guaranteeing 20%, I would have at least £90m in my bank account. The only guy I know who built a successful bot for a certain bank got that much in 3 years on a rev share deal. I doubt if it even did 20% but it guaranteed the bank profits.

Maybe I misjudged you but if you can prove this I give you a private line via PM, so we can talk. Not kidding... I'll make you a millionaire.

BabyJake, seriously if your bot is making money, anything over 20% annually (maybe less even double digits suit me), I know a guy who runs a hedgefund they have an AUM of £400m, they are looking for some new guys and would fund about £12m to start. You are looking at 60% performance fee. I am not kidding....

This is how much people want this stuff, so coming in here saying this stuff is insane. If I had a bot that was guaranteeing 20%, I would have at least £90m in my bank account. The only guy I know who built a successful bot for a certain bank got that much in 3 years on a rev share deal. I doubt if it even did 20% but it guaranteed the bank profits.

Maybe I misjudged you but if you can prove this I give you a private line via PM, so we can talk. Not kidding... I'll make you a millionaire.
I'm open to all sorts of partnerships - who wouldn't want to be a millionaire after all? :) So feel free to get in touch with me via PM - we could have an offline meeting somewhere with your guy to discuss the next steps. I then sure wouldn't mind sharing a chunk of my future profits from the deal with you to make it a win-win-win situation.

You don't think the 30% drawdown is off putting? I think your friend will.