From Impossible to Win to 100% a Week!

good thread. what settings are the BB on?

Hi Mister7,
I think I have the overall picture, do you think you could take one chart and provide the details on your chart settings, example collored line x = ?

Thanks again

Excellent trading, what discipline! Great job.. Can't believe I missed this thread..... I love reading about good disciplined tradering.

I have been member of these forum for some years by now and i make two kinds of trading, intraday and scalping. When i trade intraday i will maybe get one or two trends a day from 20 through 50 pips or maybe more but its not often, that is enough to make my account grow at a good percentage each week, but many days it is not possible to get those trends because are very hard to identify in advance or maybe you identify your goal and something happens that changes the course of the trend, you never know. Certainly i have learnt to respect chilltrader and shadowninjas advices as well as of other extremelly experienced members of hese site but with all your respect when i scalp most of the times i can make the same as i do at a normal day at intraday activities or maybe more. It is possible to double an account, or more, getting 7 pips per trade, today i made 22%, if you know how to manage your risk and your availabilities and have certain knowledge of technical analysis as well. I dont think if these guy is trying to help others he should be treated these way, its only an opinion.

Good job mister7. If I understand correctly you're using 1 hour charts and waiting for a reversal signal with Bolinger Bands crossing through the midpoint. Do you find this works better than MA crossovers? Do you ever use faster charts like 15 minute or is the 1 hour a better confirmation? I could use the kind of results you're getting.

HI jefftheripper.
Your question was not for me, i am sorry if i answer. BB have a specific logic and provide some information that MA does not, anyway, in general, that doesnt make BB better than MA it is simply a matter of what better fits for you and your trading method, to use different TF regards to the same, you can find signs of reversal of a trend on different TF and different tools simply, if you look for signs of a reversal at 1 hr then you will probably have to wait longer than at 5 or 15 min charts, anyway if you are using shorter TF´s you may be aware of longer time charts direction. Some guys - highly experienced - work with 1 min charts and that is extremelly complex, i use 5 min charts and allways put an eye on 1 hr chart, i use BB and some other indicators, it simply regars on your method.

Thanks fayalac,

As far as my method, besides being good at losing money, I'm still figuring it out. I have been using 15 minutes charts with and eye on the 1 hour. I hate waiting on the 1 hr but get faked out sometimes on the 15 min. Just watching the Can. $ today on the 15 min. I saw it hit the upper BB. If I'd have traded after it crossed the middle could've pulled a quick $300. I noticed the MA crossover lagged quite a bit more. I guess I'll keep watching for now.