From Impossible to Win to 100% a Week!

Week's Trades

Both the Yen and Euro made retracements. I missed both of these trades as I felt that there was a further move coming from both and was incorrect. Nothing ventured nothing gained, but I also didn't lose anything either

However, It proves the system works yet again.

sp3220090616230532.gif

sp3220090616230442.gif

are these not just fibonacci retracements, and lining them up to highs and lows. nuthing new about this method?

Mister7, have been reading with interest, congratulations on the system. Certainly appears to be profitable.

The main consideration I suppose is what is your criteria for calling the tops and bottoms, and then at what point do you enter the trade (do you set a trigger at a certain % retracement for instance)

thanks
Wig

Fibs nothing new...

are these not just fibonacci retracements, and lining them up to highs and lows. nuthing new about this method?

The targets are based on conservative Fibs however former support or resistance if it exists in that area seems to outweigh the significance of the retracement, but that is only half of the equation, calling the tops and/or bottoms is the skill that needs to be developed for maximum profit potential and is somewhat tricky to pull off consistently in real time. The methods I use for this are numerous, but involve impulse wave monitoring, and signs of reversal around the median average for starters. The issue with trading that I have discovered that allows for continued success, is the ability for dynamics in market interpretation, but a solid methodology in execution.

Mister7, have been reading with interest, congratulations on the system. Certainly appears to be profitable.

The main consideration I suppose is what is your criteria for calling the tops and bottoms, and then at what point do you enter the trade (do you set a trigger at a certain % retracement for instance)

thanks
Wig

Thanks for reading and the congrats. It has been very profitable, and due to its dynamic nature should be able to continue to do so as the market changes over time. I have a set of variable criteria that I use to determine entry that varies based upon the formation at hand, and the strength of impulse waves and their frequency etc. I don't want to reveal this every time because what I want people to do here is get a "feel" for the elasticity of the market themselves, because that is the skill you need to develop with this method. If I dictate exactly what to do you will merely follow my lead. The key is to really watch these formations with the ideas I have discussed in this thread and make practice calls when you think you have reached a bottom or a top, then draw your fibs, but check against history for Support or Resistance that may take priority. This way you will develop the skill yourself, and develop methods for entry of your own that might be superior to mine. It's like target shooting in a way, which involves relaxing or physical control and easing off the round accurately based upon distances, weights, arcs, and environmental factors.
:smart:

Entry Demystified...

Many on this forum and others have asked about he specifics of entry with this method, as the idea of fib targets is fairly standard and well known.

My primary focus is watching for what I refer to as the elasticity of the market, or more specifically the tendency for it to stretch to a limit and retrace to either conservative fib levels or former support or resistance.

How can you do this?

As many of you see in my pics, I have BB's with a median average as indicators. Indicators are never necessary in trading, but when used properly aid in seeing the action in price itself.

I have mentioned on numerous occasions impulse waves, and signs of weakness forming near tops and or bottoms.

Think about the nature of an impulse wave and why it happens, either buyers or sellers are climbing aboard what they see as a trend, and taking profit on pull backs. They may also re-enter as the trend continues to take out the former low or high. There are only so many times they will re-enter as the probability for the trend to continue decreases with each of the herds impulses.

Herein lies the key. Ask yourself how many impulse waves have there been? How many have there been lately in other short term trends? Has price shown signs of weakening? Has it breached a former high or low above the median average?

The answers to these questions should tell you when to enter a trade, and the simplicity of fibs with a check and balance of looking into recent history for support and resistance price may snag on should reveal an accurate low risk target.

In concert with money management, and patience to get the favorable Risk to reward ratio you seek, profit will be yours.

The methods I use for this are numerous, but involve impulse wave monitoring, and signs of reversal around the median average for starters.

When you say reversal around the median average, can you say a bit more about what this means ?

Paul

Median

When you say reversal around the median average, can you say a bit more about what this means ?

Paul

The Median Average runs through the center of the bollinger bands in my pics. If I see a sign of reversal in this area, 1-2-3 pattern or the breach of a frmer high or low, I look for an entry.

Continued success...

I haven't posted for a bit, however I am still successfully trading this method and in fact closed a trade earlier today as well. It seemed kind of redundant to keep posting successful trades, as I have shown time and time again these retracements work. If anyone has any further questions feel free to ask.

Week Ahead

Both the yen and euro had great retracements last week, and are currently in consolidation. Euro is showing early signs of a possible uptrend, and yen a downtrend, so watch for a trade sometime Tuesday or Wednesday for these pairs.

In Trade...

I haven't been posting every move over the last few weeks so here are two just to show you nothing has changed...

The Euro...

sp3220090716001241.gif

and the Yen...

sp3220090716001211.gif

Hope some of you are still finding this useful.

Hope some of you are still finding this useful.

Hi, I know you've already explained it but may I ask for quick clarification? If I understand correctly you're entering off a reversal with the 0.382 Fib as your profit target. Is that correct?

Last edited:
Answer:

Hi, I know you've already explained it but may I ask for quick clarification? If I understand correctly you're entering off a reversal with the 0.382 Fib as your profit target. Is that correct?

Yes, but only after signs of reversal etc.

Broker choice

Hi Mister 7,
new to thread (and to T2W as well), plan to go through it from the start. My experience (successful) is trading minis using a similar technique, finally opened that FOREX door and find this to be a good thread, I am using IB and Ninja, but thinking a dedicated FOREX broker may be an option. Any wisdom to pass on regarding brokers.

Thanks and appreciate your donated time M7

Chart settings

Hi Mister7,
I think I have the overall picture, do you think you could take one chart and provide the details on your chart settings, example collored line x = ?

Thanks again