Freebie Trading Simulator

I'm going to try out this simulator... its getting rave reviews! Well done.. at this rate I wont have to code anything for the IB API, its all been done already :)

Hiittfeld, to answer the point on TSim+, yes you can run that at the same time as TSimBO, and multiple copies if you so desire (although of course TSim+ can already trade multiple symbols and symbol types simultaneously). Frugi, thanks for answering the other query :) Regards your closing price question, no problem - I'll add it to the list for inclusion in TSimBO as a configurable option. Lots of good suggestions coming through from the rapidly growing TSimBO user community, so plenty of new features to add ;)

H/

Is the time range on the TSimBO in the local time or the market time? E.g. If its says 9am for a US stock does it mean 9am in US or UK (local)?

GMT I think (clue - there's a clock on the bottom right corner :)

Thanks for the swift and encouraging response Henry. You have inspired me to continue testing quite a promising BO system which would run perfectly on the new version!

pkfryer - local time, ie TSimBO uses your PC clock, so whatever timezone that is set to.

H/

frugi,

are you going to tell us a bit moer about the promising Frugi-BO-System???

Thanks

Hittfeld

System undergoing further testing and will appear on the Trading systems Non Commercial thread soon.

Last edited:
I'm getting Run Time error 52 - file not found when trying to Run TSim+ for first time. TSimBO runs fine.

I've emailed Henry, he's done his best but doesn't seem to have come across this before.

Anyone else got this, or any ideas?

Cheers,

Mute.

Paul,

Yes, Henry suggested that. I've also tried reinstalling the API (7.3), but no luck.

Henry is now looking at my installed file list to see if there's any missing.

Cheers,

Mute.

New version of TSimBO is available.
New features include variable trade cut-off time and the option to trade closed bar breakouts (as well as the usual intra-bar breakouts) of a bar length of your choosing. Nice.

Just a small warning to anyone using TSimBO to trade closed bar breakouts: I think there is a problem with its use of stop limits and orders may not work. Essentially using the closed bar BO option TSimBO tries to enter with a stop limit at the current price which is an invalid use of a stop limit so Globex immediately cancels the order. I've Emailed the ever generous Henry to see if he might have a moment to fix this. If he does this will be a superbly useful bit of software so please be patient.

I had problems with the earlier version of TSimBO, where it entered orders in TWS which appeared to be unrelated to what should have gone in - Scary!

I wrote to Henry, he agreed the entries were incorrect, but has so far failed to identify the problem.

I suspect it's some sort ot issue with my system, as no-one else seems to have a problem, but it may pay to be aware if you're a first time user.

Frugi - Thanks for the email and details - I'm onto it :)

Mutantcar - havent forgotton about your email, but so far still unable to recreate the problem here which makes fixing it difficult. I will persevere and keep trying to break it though!

H/

Henry,

No problem, I know it's practically impossible if you can't duplicate it or have access to the particular machine.

I'm hoping to get a laptop soon, so perhaps I'll try it on there with a different build & let you know how I get on.

Regards,

How may I open TSim+?

Hi,

I am afraid I cannot open TSim+.

The instructions for using TSim+(http://www.tradingsimulation.com/tsimplus/usage.html) say ' Run the TSim+ application from the Start menu', but I cannot find TSim+ in the All Programmes section of my computer's Start menu, although I have installed it. Nothing has been found using Search and Run functions, either.

I wonder what the problem is. Thank you.

BTW, does TSim+ do index futures in the Asian markets such as Nikkei and Hang Sang?

Hi Lynn, TSim+ can trade any futures offered by IB. If you email me at the support address on the website I'll be able to help you out more easily :)

H/

Hi all,

I wonder if TSim+ and TSimBO are still available and working with newer versions of TWS and especially IdealPro.

Would anybody let me kindly know?

Thanks

Hittfeld

Hi Hittfeld,

TSim+ v2.4 works ok with the latest TWS, but it doesn't support IdealPro.

For IB forex, I would recommend either Bracket or Zeroline trader instead.

HTH
c6