Freebie Trading Simulator

Hi Nick,

The previous version worked with api 6 but not 6.1. However, there were some bugs in the 6.1 api which is why I held off releasing tsim+ until 7.01 was ready.

The 7.01 api has been available for a while as a beta, so I would imagine metaserver will update their s/w soon.

HTH,

H.

Bund ticker for Tsim

Hi Henry, I've just loaded your Trading simulator and it looks really cool. I've been trying for a few hours ,but I cannot get the Bund to work with it!

I went into 'contracts.tsm' and put in the bund information - GBL,FUT,200309,DTB,1,€,10,2.4
I also tried FG,FGBL
Thanks for your help or anyone else who can work this out. :eek:

Thanks Henry for the simulator. I will get my ib account activated hopefully soon and this is the best news for a novice like me.

New version of TSim+ available for download. Now includes proper support for limit and stop orders, stock trading, multiple position handling, and customisable order buttons. Full details of whats new and instructions all on www.tradingsimulation.com
Oh, and it's still free of course ;)

H.

TSIM

Just downloaded the update Henry.

Excellent work - well done.

:D

I'm sure that as a novice in the futures market the simulation facility will be a huge help and it looks great for real trading too.
Its good to have access to software that has been designed from the bottom up by a person who uses it on the coal face and knows that bells and whistles are a waste of space and effort
Thanks Henry

Ron

Hi Henry,
Just downloaded the latest TSimPlus but I get the following error

run time error 449
argument not optional

Any help appreciated

Osho, can you email me your most recent logfile to [email protected] In the meantime, check you have IB's API 7.3 installed, because the error message suggests you may have a different version.

H.

Dear Henry. Thanks vey much. I uninstalled API and re installed API and things working perfectly. You have developed a very useful software and good training ground. Thanks so much . Keep it up.

Hi folks, a quick note to let you know that TSim+, the simulator and live order management front end for trading stocks and futures with Interactive Brokers, has been updated again and is now available for download.

The main additions in this release are Trailing Stops, and Open P&L updated in real time tick by tick.

Full details of all that's new and instructions etc on www.tradingsimulation.com

Of course, TSim+ remains completely free :D

H/

Dear Henry

Thanks for T sim, which I am using all the time to paper trade. Is it possible to upgrade without uninstalling the previous version. I have always messed up doing this and upgrade on the previous version without uninstalling would be much appreciated. Thanks for your help

Hi Osho, at the moment you really need to uninstall the old one first - just go into Control Panel, Add / Remove Programs, find "TSim+" and click Remove - it should do it all for you. There's no need to change the IB API this time round.

It's probably possible to build an "upgrade" type installer, but that's a bit beyond my rudimentary technical skills unfortunately :( I'll look into it next time round though.

Glad to hear you are finding TSim useful.

H/

TSim+ (live trading front end and trading simulator for stocks and futures) version 2.2 is now available for download from http://www.tradingsimulation.com

This update adds several new features requested by TSim users, incorporates some improvements to the order handling, and includes various minor bug fixes.

Of note in this release is the addition of Stop Limit orders, and one-click buttons for quicker moving of stop and limit prices. For a full list of additions, changes, and fixes, please see the What's New page on the website : www.tradingsimulation.com\tsimplus-whatsnew.html

Needless to say, TSim+ (and TSimLite for those without an IB account) remains completely free.

H/

Hi Henry

Hi Henry, Its Mark Knight, I'm sure you remember me. I see you moved to France, hope it all went well for you, I'm sure it did. How is trading going, I changed jobs recently and its meant I put trading on hold, although I am trying hard to push it more to the fore front.. speak soon
Mark

Hi Henry,

Am I right, that TSimBO will work on just ONE symbol only at any given time? How could the management of breakout strategy with TWO symbols be achieved? With second simultaneous copy of TSimBO? Or on different accnt or even different machine?

Same Q regarding TsimBO and running TSim+ same time (but on different symbols) simultaneously.

Sorry for the interruption of your (hopefully) leisurely life in France.

Hittfeld

Hittfeld,

From the Tsimbo FAQ:

"How can I trade more than one symbol?

If you want to trade more than one symbol with TSimBO, you can open multiple copies of the program and set each to a different symbol. Alternatively, take a look at TSim+ which is a more feature rich product."

http://www.tradingsimulation.com/tsimbo/faq.html

Henry,

Top stuff.

Just to sound demanding and ungrateful is there any chance a future TSimBO could take account of price bar closes rather than last price?

e.g. a simple well known 30 minute BO strategy requires a 30 min bar to close above the high or below the low of the first 30 mins rather than merely have a high/low above it.

So you could set the range (e.g 14.30-15.00), then set the trigger to last price OR close of a bar of x length.

Bet this would be a devil to program?

Frugi,

thanks for your help. I `m just a bit handicapped by English not being my native tongue and in general being a bit slow. Sorry for waisting bandwidth and everybodies time.

I am always surprised by the knowledge, creativity and altrusitic attitude of members of this board. All of èm in general, JonnyT, Henry and many more especially.

Hittfeld