Free website for beginners to learn trading together

rockrat

Hi all.

i just thought i would introduce myself and let you know about a simple concept i have decided to take action on.

i like so many others want to experience the thrill and excitment of stock market trading, and fully appreciate the pitfalls that so many have taken before me.
I have read loads of charting books, trading styles and even been of several seminar courses, but in the end, its still me that has to make the final decision about if i do or do not spend my hard earned cash on this or that share.

thats when i remebered my old granny saying, " two heads are better than one, my boy" (this was usually when she was dragging around me by the ear!!)
Anyway, it hit me that there are loads of other newbie traders, each making the same mistakes and learning new tricks just like me. And each of us will see a different story when looking at a chart, or company report ect etc.
I may see a good buy signal, but you may see womething hidden in the background i missed. Working together like this we could make better personal trading decisions.

So i did something about it and made a website at solutionseeker.net

The idea here is that we can happily pass info back and forth, we can help each other out and all benefit. I will try to bring all of your comments together, along with your trading suggestions and anything else you feel relevant.
i even expose myself and show my current trading balance, currently not doing very well , (any help appreciated)

Please have a look, tell me your thoughts and make regular returns.
It has been hard till now to get it ready, and i hope it serves a purpose for you and me.

Those that are interested in options trading, there has been a regular to the site that has over 15 years options trading experience, and he has kindly offered to give a free educational seminar in london on how to trade options correctly and successfully. He is a normal everyday guy, who just wants to help out. He has nothing to sell you, or has any personal gain.Have a look on the site, if interested just e-mail me to confirm your place.

Thanks all

Matt

Free Options education seminar for all

Hi all.

i just thought i would introduce myself and let you know about a simple website i have made for all beginners at solutionseeker.net

The idea here is that we can happily pass info back and forth, we can help each other out and all benefit. I will try to bring all of your comments together, along with your trading suggestions and anything else you feel relevant.
i even expose myself and show my current trading balance, currently not doing very well , (any help appreciated)

Please have a look, tell me your thoughts and make regular returns.
It has been hard till now to get it ready, and i hope it serves a purpose for you and me.

The main reason for posting here is that for those that are interested in options trading, there has been a regular visitor to the site who has over 15 years options trading experience, and he has kindly offered to give a free educational seminar in london on how to trade options correctly and successfully. He is a normal everyday guy, who just wants to help out. He has nothing to sell you, or has any personal gain.
His words, "if i can help somebody else from making the same mistakes i did, then i am happy to do so". Cant say fairer than that can you?

Have a look on the site, if interested just e-mail me to confirm your place.

website for beginners - support required and appreciated

Hi everyone,

I like many others am a relative beginner to trading, with a very small starting capital of just £1000k, though to be honest to me thats a lot.
I have spent over 6 months trying to educate myself technical analysis and fundamentals etc etc and have come to the conclusion the only real way i can start is by SB to build the pot up.

On one expensive and reasonably useless course i attended where there were probably 600+ people, it hit me that what we should do is pool our resources and help each other out and test our theories together. Just like what this excellent site offers really. But one thing that i noticed when talking to people there and since, is the feeling of looking stupid, or being intimidated by traders terminology, or lack of experience when sourcing help/advice in general. Thus they end up just "getting on with it" and losing loads of cash. I agreed entirely with these thoughts at the time. "Maybe we should just have a novice traders site somewhere" i thought.

Rather than just think about it, i decided action was needed and got on with it and created solutionseeker.net
The concept is this simple, 2 heads are better than one, 10 are even better still. I may see a prime buy signal but may have missed something you pick up on, and collaboration would make better decisions made individually.

What i was hoping for was if any of the more experienced traders out there, Chartman, Mr Charts, Naz etc etc anyone, would be willing to make the odd comment/contribution every once in a while. I know you all offer heaps of experience here on T2W, but would gratefully appreciate anything that would help towards the goal of this site - which is simply to offer those that like me are novices and have small capital's and like the idea of knowing that the website they are on is specifically designed for them only, and they can have active input.

Thanks all for reading. I trust the moderators will put this post in the right forum for me.

rockrat,

I like your website mate! I think mutual support is important for novice traders. Share what we've learned and learn from each others mistakes. The stakes are against us with a 95% failure, I dont think there is anything in life that we have strived for that has such a steep learning curve. We need to do something different to the crowd to survive. but I think the possible rewards make the effort of staying in the game for the long hawl worth it!

Rockrat - a little surprised you thought t2w didn't offer you the facilities you thought you needed.

There are some fine guides to all aspects of trading in the 'first steps' forum and unparallelled support, especially for new traders from the more experienced traders here on t2w.

Anyhow, good luck with your site and even more importantly, with your trading.

Hi rockrat,

Good website - even though there are lots of adverts.
As Bramble has pointed out, there are good threads on this site for novices.
The problem of different websites, is that you run the risk of dispersing the knowledge all over the net.
I have this website as my major portal to all things trading. ( its the constant info that is useful ).
I think you would be better placed to keep all your insights together, so we dont have to remember a disparate number of websites.

Also, dont be afraid to ask silly questions.
Someone on this site has the saying "A man who asks a silly question is a fool for 5 minutes. A man who doent ask the silly question, may remain a fool for life". ( or something like that )

Good luck on your trading.

comments

sorry if i am proud of the hard work and effort that i have spent over the last 2 months learning HTML for the first time, discovering what FTP'ing is and trying to get a "good idea" going and then maybe being a little too vocal about it Skimble...
Who's jaki?
Adverts, well i simply linked to the graphics on other sites i use to be able to allow others to link straight through from the site. The only ones i hate, are the ones of the home page where i have try'd to join webrings and traffic bringers.
i am however beginning to think they dont bring any value, and not really any quality visitors, so point taken on those trendie.
bramble, if you read i did say this site was excellent and did offer the services, but is not dedicated to novices, and i know others do not feel it is 100% supportive of nervous, apprehensive beginners looking to dip there feet and looking to have their hands held a little.
i mean, just look at the few responces i have to this mail, not exactly overflowing with support are they (except pkfryer).
yes, i have lost currently £752. thats the whole point, i am making mistakes and am still learning. maybe i could do with some advise.......theres a thought..............wonder where i could get it without being made to feel small. doh!
shame really.....................

rockrat said:
bramble, if you read i did say this site was excellent and did offer the services, but is not dedicated to novices,

I did read it RR, that's how I was able to respond so supportively.

The problem with a site dedicated to novices - who's going to teach who what?

yes, i have lost £752, thats the whole point, i am making mistakes and am still learning. maybe i could do with some advise....theres a thought........wonder where i could get it without being made to feel small. doh!

we're all still learning mate! which is why this community exists, to help each other. The genuine peeps on the board will never make anyone feel small or embarrassed about asking questions & seeking advice. Every single individual here has been where you are right now, and if you're intending entering & continuing in the big bad world of trading, you need to aquire "another skin" & stick yer hand up if you require direction!!....as the folks have already pointed out, most everything you require is here in the one stop shop......just get your compass out & navigate around!! - good luck to you! :D

brambles,
i dont feel i am coming across in a good light here. maybe i am being a little too defensive, its just i have worked so hard with what i feel is a great idea. :rolleyes:
there is not meant to really be any "teaching" if the plan for my site is correct.
my aim is collaboration, to learn together. to discuss ideas buy/sell signals and together make more informed decisions. hence we are all both teachers and students. thats why i asked if anyone was prepared to offer the odd bit of support, now and then. if somebody makes a suggested share indication, and you feel that they missed something, a simple comment would be enough. not constantly.

T2W is , as l aready said, an excellent very very informative site. i cant find any other that is as good for the UK community. it is just very broad in its information content, i am trying to offer a specific site.

thanks all for the comments

rockrat said:
Who's jaki?

The nick is Jacki, actually, and by sheer coincidence 'she' writes in an identical way to you, such as i instead of I and 'thanks all' at the end. Oh, and 'she' also has the identical IP address to you.

It would be helpful if you would confine your future postings to just one nickname.

Whoose a naughty boy then? or is it girl? or a combination of the two!!!!!!!

Regards

bracke

Skim you old sleuth you :cool: No invite to the mystery weekend for you :LOL:

I've noticed this happening several times! People creating different users... what is the point in that? The only reason I can think is that they are up to no good. People that the old skimvestigator detects as having the same IP should be automatically band as they aren't the sort of characters we want around these boards!

yes i posted both.
i am however the "friend" that the system was purchased for. I was offered the system by Jackie through contact via my website, and after much conversation and time, said that if i could be convinced by proof (banking statements etc) then it would seem silly of me not to get involved wouldnt it? if everything being said was true after all.
Long story short, i have not got 5k, even though i do feel that enough convincing evidence was shown to me.
I kindly offered to attempt to help recover some of the losses, as i felt guilty that i may have mislead jackie into getting the system on my behalf.
So, i suggested i would take the time on Jackies behalf to mention it here using jackies own words, under that name, as well as send a mail to those from my site saying the same.
The contact address under jackies profile is not mine, it goes direct. I dont know if it is still available or has now been sold.

Sorry to disapoint all those that like a "good scandal", or just generally have a go.
Proof to this for me really has been the amount of people that have actually e-mailed me recently and agreed with my own thoughts, i.e whilst this site is probably the best Uk site for trading info and combined knowledge, it takes forever to sift through to get what you need, and some of the replies given to those that are newbies and genuinley dont understand can be sarcastic and generally offputting.
seems plenty others share my thoughts on this.

If i was "up to no good" then i would not openly put my personal details on both this site and my own. I am a normal guy looking to learn, making mistakes and trying new things out. Possibly, i am the one that has been "taken" here, as i was the one offered this system. My own concience (spelt wrong i am sure) is what made me offer to help Jackie recover the supposed loss. Since i have heard no more from Jackie maybe it was too good to be true, who knows. At least i did not lose anymore cash, my trades are doing that well enough!!

It is a fact of life that those that actually do something tend to get knocked by those that wish they had, or could or should have. I have taken the time to offer a helping start for those beginners that feel the need for it and appreciate the support.

To those that have offered support via mail i thank you, please keep visiting.
To the rest that like a good old "slagging off" , i dont mind being this weeks target. Roll on next week - something new.

as I understand it, a person bought a trading software package for you.
( in the grounds it was very good ).
you cant afford the 5K fee.
so you want to sell it on to someone else. to help your friend out of a predicament.

I find nothing wrong with any of the above,

Rockrat, you are right, that people tend to be suspicious about these things.
Dont let that worry you.

May I put another spin on it ?
If your friend is really confident this system works, then he/she hasnt really "lost" the money !
If they have two systems, all it means is thta it will take twice as long to cover their costs.
( if you have spent 5K on a system, and you anticipate break even in 4 months.
If you bought it twice, it will take 8 months to break even - ie cover the cost of buying the system ).

The only time you should think of "lost" money, is when you feel you have bought a dud.

If there is high confidence in the system, you should noe thinking of "lost" money - only how long you have to wait before it pays for itself.

Whatever happens, dont stop posting, and dont be put off by a few suspicious people amidst a lot of positive people.

have a good weekend.