"Free" broadband from TalkTalk

Pippppin

The new package from TalkTalk incl. "free" broadband looks set to shake up the telecoms industry in the UK.

Any thoughts on the £20.99 per month package? Regarding broadband will it be a case of "you get what you pay for"?

It also depends where you live as well!

The maximum broadband speed we get is 1MB (recently increased from 512KB Wow!) and we pay £26.99 per month for that.

Choice ??? Now wouldn't that be a nice thing!

talk talk

Pippppin said:
The new package from TalkTalk incl. "free" broadband looks set to shake up the telecoms industry in the UK.

Any thoughts on the £20.99 per month package? Regarding broadband will it be a case of "you get what you pay for"?

Hi , there may be a Court Case in the wind after JUNE 2006 with B. T.
so take care
regards :(

You often get what you pay for, most broadband with be delivered via a BT line into your home,
then its a case of bandwidth, 512k, 1mb, 2mb, or hopfully some will be 8mb , BT are upgrading some of there exchanges to accomodate the 8mb, I would assume the the cheaper or free offers with be in the lower bandwidth and non exsistent support, ie phone someone in India and keep your fingers crossed !

JillyB said:
It also depends where you live as well!

The maximum broadband speed we get is 1MB (recently increased from 512KB Wow!) and we pay £26.99 per month for that.

Choice ??? Now wouldn't that be a nice thing!

You lucky girl, you!

I'm only six miles from Cambridge and the best I can get it 512 - I went for 1MB last year and the connection became so unstable I was offline more than i was online. Yet half a mile up the road, some clients of mine can get 2MB with no trouble whatsoever.