ForexMorningTrade System

If you interfere with the trade you are not trading the system and cannot compere results with anyone else. It also implies you do not have any faith in the system....if this is the case then stop trading it.

Cobber

Hi Cobber, the point of trading is to make money. No robot is going to be reliable indefinitely; it's a tool to use that sometimes needs tweaking with some discretion. It's been my experience that manual intervention will produce improved results. For example, if there are pips on the table and the candles are indicating a reversal why would you not intervene and take the pips on offer? I don't think this indicates no faith in the system but rather intelligent flexibility as opposed to blind obedience. Sure, you would not be trading the pure FMT system but you'd be taking more pips. Which is a better result? In my view FMT generally gives good entries but after about 8 you need to be watching and managing the trade manually, if necessary. (y)

No trade on Oanda today

Hi Cobber, the point of trading is to make money. No robot is going to be reliable indefinitely; it's a tool to use that sometimes needs tweaking with some discretion. It's been my experience that manual intervention will produce improved results. For example, if there are pips on the table and the candles are indicating a reversal why would you not intervene and take the pips on offer? I don't think this indicates no faith in the system but rather intelligent flexibility as opposed to blind obedience. Sure, you would not be trading the pure FMT system but you'd be taking more pips. Which is a better result? In my view FMT generally gives good entries but after about 8 you need to be watching and managing the trade manually, if necessary. (y)

No trade on Oanda today

I like this post, however my comment is that if one wishes to 'interfere' with the running of the strategy then one would do well to have a plan which lists the conditions whereunder such changes would be made mid trade. In that case one couldn't be accused of acting on impulse due to emotions.

At the end of the day, what we all want is more. More pips. More profits. (and less drawdown). Ideally more pips than the control which for me is the MF journal of his actual results. It would be interesting to survey the readership (Podberry is ready to do this) to find out how many adherents claim to have beaten MF in a set time frame. Keeping up with MF, due to IT connection problems, problems with brokers (eg SLM) , problems with the EA etc isn't easy to achieve, and a lot of people don't even manage to take as many pips as he does.

Hi ,

6:15, No Trade
6:30, No Trade

just missed long signal for TP at both times... ::)

good luck tomorrow !

short it is @ 1.60468
Technically looking good on all FMT and non FMT inds, fingers and everything else crossed.

My only concern is the overnight low which may not get broken. I will TP if we test and retrace at this level, would be around 30 pips anyway so not to be scoffed at.
Those on full auto trade could end up with a BE!

Last edited:
FMT this morning : (45-35-18-0)

very strange results today, with one broker I had TP on both start times, on another broker I had both start times BE. Same settings with each broker, and feed looks identical but I don't know the spreads at time of trading.

cheers !