ForexMorningTrade System

short at 1.64011

I had a feeling that after yesterday's rout it would go back up today, so hope FMT is right.....

I think there's a pivot at around 1.64305

Short SLM (reduced lots!!!) New Settings - Entry time 06:15:03 1.63994 :clap:

I did get a failed connection with them at 03:33 (which is when they reboot every night) but I now reload my chart, EA and template when I get up and will continue doing so for the time being. Lets Hope!

I did get a failed connection with them at 03:33 (which is when they reboot every night) but I now reload my chart, EA and template when I get up and will continue doing so for the time being. Lets Hope!

I'll be going in at 6.30 Scoot on SLM I'll let you know what happens.

Mike

The Signal: line of the indicator does not tell me the trade anymore. I changed it to 15 minutes after the hour like the EA. Anyone have this problem?

Scraped in on a short trade at 6.30. Execution delay was about 25 seconds which was more than yesterday. Fortunatly it went up slightly so was in my favour. But there is something wrong here.

Gonna see if I can help you out with this Scoot. Will spend some time today finding out who actually owns this company and see if I can get a name of someone above this Paul character.

Mike

Stats for 05-05-2011

Live Accounts:

FMT 4.3, EA standard settings: 45 SL, 25 BE, +5 BE, 35 TP
6:15 UK Time, FXSolutions..., No Trade......, 0.0, Stats since 11-08-2010: Total= +22.0
6:15 UK Time, IBFX.........., No Trade......, 0.0, Stats since 01-04-2011: Total= +222.3
6:15 UK Time, PFG Best......, No Trade......, 0.0, Stats since 03-01-2011: Total= -4.0

Demo Accounts:

FMT 4.3, EA standard settings: 45 SL, 25 BE, +5 BE, 35 TP
6:15 UK Time, PFG Best......, No Trade......, 0.0, Stats since 02-01-2011: Total= +329.3
6:15 UK Time, FXCM.........., No Trade......, 0.0, Stats since 02-01-2011: Total= +399.3
6:15 UK Time, Alpari(US)...., No Trade......, 0.0, Stats since 02-01-2011: Total= +361.6
6:15 UK Time, FXDD.........., No Trade......, 0.0, Stats since 02-01-2011: Total= +285.8

Notes:

All pip totals include slippage
FXSolutions is the only dealing desk broker

I wonder if the execution delays at 6:15 and 6:30 are a recent global forex phenomenon? I have been getting delays from 10 seconds to 1 minute for the past month on GoMarkets.

Scraped in on a short trade at 6.30. Execution delay was about 25 seconds which was more than yesterday. Fortunatly it went up slightly so was in my favour. But there is something wrong here.

Gonna see if I can help you out with this Scoot. Will spend some time today finding out who actually owns this company and see if I can get a name of someone above this Paul character.

Mike

Hi Mike, here is a list of the head honcho's, doesn't Paul look ever so happy :LOL: http://www.smartlivemarkets.co.uk/pages/about-us/meet-the-team.aspx

Welcome to "Podberry's Polling station" :cheesy:

I had a request from 'Kgk' to do a poll on our FMT account balances to determine the account sizes that we are trading with daily. If we could vote in dollar terms that would be consistent,ie those trading in pounds etc. need to convert to dollars.

If your are trading FMT on numerous accounts then add the balances together.

This is the last poll for this week, enjoy

If you would like me to post a poll next week on your behalf please feel free to send me the details.

Lets have a profitable close to the week :clap:

Poll: Your FMT trading account size
[*]1 to 500
[*]501 to 1000
[*]1001 to 2000
[*]2001 to 3000
[*]3001 to 4000
[*]4001 to 5000
[*]5001 to 10000
[*]10001 to 15000
[*]15001 to 20000
[*]20001 to 30000
[*]30001 to 40000
[*]40001 to 60000
[*]60001 to 80000
[*]80001 to 100000
[*]Over 100000

[sup]Results:[/sup]
8556.png

[sup]Als create a poll? Click here[/sup]

Interesting poll so far, some real "BIG GUNS" at the bottom, wonder if wiseambitions is one of the 3, maybe Hammy too :LOL:

I really feel humbled in not being able to fix this myself! Also, there have been other posts addressing this but I am not sure it solves my problem.
Thanks to anyone who has the time and knowledge to assist:

I (as many know) trade FMT in 2 forms, standard settings and scalper (TP=10), both with real money.
Up until now, I have trade the scalper manually, being lazy, I want it auto.

I have set up 2 charts with FMT and the template loaded, but with different magic numbers.

One EA will trade, the other not.

I then tried to have one EA trade at 6-15 and the other at 6-16 but still they will not both trade.
There is nothing in the journal to show that the second 6-16 trade was initiated.

I have read that to be able to trade as above, one has to have 2 instances of MT4 running, is this really necessary? Seems like a huge waste of PC resources, OK, in my case no big deal but it just seems wrong.

Advice greatly received, thanks

New thought,
Of course, I could use TMT and set the first exit at TP10 and the second at the standard 35. However, I would really prefer to use TMT for other strategies within the overall FMT/TMT ethos

I really feel humbled in not being able to fix this myself! Also, there have been other posts addressing this but I am not sure it solves my problem.
Thanks to anyone who has the time and knowledge to assist:

I (as many know) trade FMT in 2 forms, standard settings and scalper (TP=10), both with real money.
Up until now, I have trade the scalper manually, being lazy, I want it auto.

I have set up 2 charts with FMT and the template loaded, but with different magic numbers.

One EA will trade, the other not.

I then tried to have one EA trade at 6-15 and the other at 6-16 but still they will not both trade.
There is nothing in the journal to show that the second 6-16 trade was initiated.

I have read that to be able to trade as above, one has to have 2 instances of MT4 running, is this really necessary? Seems like a huge waste of PC resources, OK, in my case no big deal but it just seems wrong.

Advice greatly received, thanks

New thought,
Of course, I could use TMT and set the first exit at TP10 and the second at the standard 35. However, I would really prefer to use TMT for other strategies within the overall FMT/TMT ethos

I got context busy error with 2 instances! I think turbo will solve your problem.

Question to all of you, has anyone ever contacted any UK brokers except SLM and asked them if they are considering opening a Spreadbetting platform down the line ? Would be great if SLM had some competition as it seems their attitude is based on the fact that they have the monopoly and can treat us as they wish as they know tax free trading is a sort after proposition.:eek:

I contacted Alpari UK some weeks ago and was told that they have no plans at present.

Mike

Mike, you may also find that all emails or contact links go through Paul, I doubt that the rest of their management team have any idea of Pauls telephonic and online etiquette. Even if he was challenged by his Governor about his behavior I'm sure all will be forgotten on their weekly round of golf, who knows, they could all be in bed together :)

Question to all of you, has anyone ever contacted any UK brokers except SLM and asked them if they are considering opening a Spreadbetting platform down the line ? Would be great if SLM had some competition as it seems their attitude is based on the fact that they have the monopoly and can treat us as they wish as they know tax free trading is a sort after proposition.:eek:

Hi Pod,

Don't think there is much chance here. I was at the Traders expo in London last month (sponsered by Alpari) and I asked this question to every broker that had a stand there. Got no positive replies.

Hi Pod,

Don't think there is much chance here. I was at the Traders expo in London last month (sponsered by Alpari) and I asked this question to every broker that had a stand there. Got no positive replies.

Cheers for the feedback Mike, did they give any indication as to why they were reluctant to offer spreadbetting ?

The market doesnt seem to want to roll over today

Indeed, must be POETS day! A very UK phrase meaning go home early, tomorrow is Saturday!

Seriously, there is room for a good move from the overnight H/L perspective, so patience is the order of the day, as always.

The market doesnt seem to want to roll over today

Yep! - I'm thinking about closing this out manually - I think we're entering coin flipping territory, as some news will likely spike it one way or the other 50 pips. ThinkForex gave 6.30 & 6.45 as NT's, which might be telling us it's not really a trading morning

Yep! - I'm thinking about closing this out manually - I think we're entering coin flipping territory, as some news will likely spike it one way or the other 50 pips. ThinkForex gave 6.30 & 6.45 as NT's, which might be telling us it's not really a trading morning

UK PPI @ 10-30 UK time