ForexMorningTrade System

Just to be a devil, I thought we traded the system every day no matter what without picking and choosing days, eventually evening out over a year, this just confirms what I said yesterday that everyone has their own rules over the holidays. :smart:

Just to be a devil, I thought we traded the system every day no matter what without picking and choosing days, eventually evening out over a year, this just confirms what I said yesterday that everyone has their own rules over the holidays. :smart:

My friend, good morning to you, hope you don't mind me saying the reason we are not trading is there is a limit to one of the FMT indicators above which it says No Trade on the template. I also believe the long candle filter would do the same in the EA.

Are you a forgetful devil and in need of revising the FMT commandments???? E.G. Thou shalt not trade outside the limits of the system. Or thou shalt be stoned to death by any other members of the forum who pay attention. Amen

My friend, good morning to you, hope you don't mind me saying the reason we are not trading is there is a limit to one of the FMT indicators above which it says No Trade on the template. I also believe the long candle filter would do the same in the EA.

Are you a forgetful devil and in need of revising the FMT commandments???? E.G. Thou shalt not trade outside the limits of the system. Or be stoned to death by any other members of the forum who pay attention. Amen

Good Moaning to you my friend, some hath decided to retire before the signal hath revealed it's hidden secrets before notifying us of it's 'no trade' intentions.

Do hath a lovely weekend my good friend :LOL:

April is an awful month. Only 2 more days left, bring it on. Out with -40SL.

Can someone tell me how many TP there have been in April? Very few I would say.

April results so far . . . 4 demo accounts, 4 live accounts . . .

Attachments

• 2011aprilDemoLiveTrades.jpg
    2011aprilDemoLiveTrades.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 173
Good Moaning to you my friend, some hath decided to retire before the signal hath revealed it's hidden secrets before notifying us of it's 'no trade' intentions.

They who said such were not false prophets, by revelation they were inspired to know that today would be an extra sabbath of sorts.

I remember days like this such as 1st November (see Mark's journal)***** where he admitted the trade would have ended in TP but he followed his own rules. We can't win em all but we don't want another loss this week if it can be avoided, even for those who have chosen to keep trading.

Enjoy the weekend too, and may prosperity return to all true FMTers next week.

*** Sorry I was wrong, 1st November was a loser. It was the 10th Nov we didn't trade because of the M filter, but it would have been ok. There are other similar days in my notes since I started with FMT. But I suppose it might save us if the market is overbought. Can't win em all.

Last edited:
Strange week both on the FMT and this forum.

I am done until the 2nd May.

Closing the month with 6% gain. Not stunning but certainly not the doom and gloom that many are writing!

Looking forward to a few months of normality on FMT and good hearted and positive posts.

Have a great weekend all FMT'ers.

Morning all its been a funny few days no trade today as per rules see you all later have a great day

They who said such were not false prophets, by revelation they were inspired to know that today would be an extra sabbath of sorts.

I remember days like this such as 1st November (see Mark's journal) where he admitted the trade would have ended in TP but he followed his own rules. We can't win em all but we don't want another loss this week if it can be avoided, even for those who have chosen to keep trading.

Enjoy the weekend too, and may prosperity return to all true FMTers next week.

Cheers Wise, have a great weekend too, I sincerely believe that April was skewed by the back to back holidays in the UK and people taking advantage of the 3 day week by putting in annual leave to get 11 days holiday in total.

To all out there FMT will be firing on all cylinders as of next week Tuesday and will do for at least 3 months until a slowdown possibly in August.

FMT is not Broken, Have a great weekend all :clap:

Stats for 04-27-2011

Live Accounts:

FMT 4.3, EA standard settings: 45 SL, 25 BE, +5 BE, 35 TP
6:15 UK Time, FXSolutions..., Long/Loss...., -49.0, Stats since 11-08-2010: Total= +31.0
6:15 UK Time, IBFX.........., Long/Loss...., -45.3, Stats since 01-04-2011: Total= +229.7
6:15 UK Time, PFG Best......, Long/Loss...., -47.5, Stats since 03-01-2011: Total= +6.0

Demo Accounts:

FMT 4.3, EA standard settings: 45 SL, 25 BE, +5 BE, 35 TP
6:15 UK Time, PFG Best......, Long/Loss...., -45.9, Stats since 02-01-2011: Total= +333.4
6:15 UK Time, FXCM.........., Long/Loss...., -45.1, Stats since 02-01-2011: Total= +358.7
6:15 UK Time, Alpari(US)...., Long/Loss...., -45.2, Stats since 02-01-2011: Total= +320.7
6:15 UK Time, FXDD.........., Long/Loss...., -45.1, Stats since 02-01-2011: Total= +245.8

Notes:

All pip totals include slippage
FXSolutions is the only dealing desk broker

The pain of discipline is less then the pain of regret . . . Discipline is freedom.

Are you a forgetful devil and in need of revising the FMT commandments???? E.G. Thou shalt not trade outside the limits of the system. Or thou shalt be stoned to death by any other members of the forum who pay attention. Amen

Actually I had forgotten that one too wiseambitions. Thanks for reminding us - I have been relying on the EA too much and forgotten the basics. It's always good to remember the underlying rules (y)

Good morning all,

Has it been No Trade today?

I'm preparing the engines for next Tuesday, I do not have any doubt FMT power is back in May.

Cheers.

Unusually large range since midnight (UK) 125 pips or so - thanks FMT (and Mark) for keeping us out of a losing trade!

Can never keep up with this thread !

Anyway, have you ever been in a long queue at the supermarket, then swapped queues for the smaller one only to find your now behind the old lady who wants to pay with coins and can’t see in her purse. Alas if you’d stuck to your original queue you would have been off back home by now.
Trading is the same, keep the same rules all year round. Don’t swap queues, you’ll get burnt.
Its strange how its easier to mess with the systems tp/sl’s etc .. than it is to let it be what it is.
What would have worked yesterday, I’ll do today…. well yesterday isn’t today, if you see what I mean.
The best settings aren’t always the best for all situations so go with the average.

April is a hard month for any system, it happens. But remember it should only mean a small negative number on your spread sheet for April nothing more.
If it means more to you than that your either risking to much or you’re not trading with the right attitude.
I’ve fortunately been able to remove a large portion of my account for personal use and still have a good amount left to build on again.
Only when I did this could I relax with my trading. Hopefully one day you’ll do the same.

May will be good, June and July very good (past performance in mind). Put your feet up and rest for August.
Probabilities/performance in the past with most systems will say keep out of August.
Try and see that as part of your plan, you don’t have to trade all the time, every day, if you think you do, again, you have the wrong attitude.

I know I’ll probably get a lot of slap from people regarding this but I’ve heard it time and time again from other traders.
It took me a couple of years before I accepted it.

I read somewhere on the thread about the main trend being up and we’re getting short signals and we should be ignoring them as the main trend it up.
Well, this method doesn’t trade the main trend, that’s why we ignore it. It doesn’t trade news either (to early) so I still trade those days.
So what is this method based on? It assumes the overnight push either long or short will continue (a short amount) when the markets open.
I won’t go into detail regarding indicators (for non members), but that’s what they measure.
We’re only looking for a fraction number of pips compared to an average daily move, so to be honest the be, and r/r ratio less than 1:1 in my mind just isn’t worth the stress. The original rules work and will continue to do so, maybe not optimised to some of the settings here but they are the ‘average’ settings, so will perform just as good over the long run.

Hope that helps someone :)

Again not on a soapbox, just trying to help. I see so many times newbies getting carried away with optimizations etc, and you miss the bigger picture. I know as I used to be that person too. Stick to your rules and keep going.

I thought not. That's too bad.It would be nice to see how the EA will perform with other parameters.

I didn't know that wasn't allowed. If so, i'm sorry.

No problem -- just in Fairness to Marc Fric --- one should refrain from giving the indicators away to those that have not bothered to purchase the system.

Last edited: