ForexMorningTrade System

SL hit -45 at 1%

Mmmmmm...

Maybe you guys in the UK should think about going over to SLM. The trade sets very quickly - this morning at 1.64554 which was exactly what the FMT signal ideal price was. SLM also is only a 2 pip spread. I am still in with 45sl although it was close.

Mike

Mmmmmm...

Maybe you guys in the UK should think about going over to SLM. The trade sets very quickly - this morning at 1.64554 which was exactly what the FMT signal ideal price was. SLM also is only a 2 pip spread. I am still in with 45sl although it was close.

Mike

Doesnt make a difference. If we were long you would have missed tp. You will always get slighly different broker results especially if its a close call.

Doesnt make a difference. If we were long you would have missed tp. You will always get slighly different broker results especially if its a close call.

I have to disagree. You would be amazed what difference that 2 pip spread (as opposed to 2.5 pips) can make. Having done extensive manual back testing, I can tell you that in 2010, it made a difference of 120 pips (three trades) on the standard FMT 40/40 setting. Not a fortune I agree, but 120 pips is 120 pips! In addition, there have been two occasions in the last month where I have hit tp whilst most on this forum seem to have missed it by a whisker and ended up at BE.

I have to disagree. You would be amazed what difference that 2 pip spread (as opposed to 2.5 pips) can make. Having done extensive manual back testing, I can tell you that in 2010, it made a difference of 120 pips (three trades) on the standard FMT 40/40 setting. Not a fortune I agree, but 120 pips is 120 pips! In addition, there have been two occasions in the last month where I have hit tp whilst most on this forum seem to have missed it by a whisker and ended up at BE.

I agree with you Mike, I have a demo with SLM and have been impressed with their feeds and spread, I can remember at least 3 occasions in the last 2 months that we have not been stopped out due to spread and entry prices have at times been 4 pips better than Oanda. :D

I agree with you Mike, I have a demo with SLM and have been impressed with their feeds and spread, I can remember at least 3 occasions in the last 2 months that we have not been stopped out due to spread and entry prices have at times been 4 pips better than Oanda. :D

Thanks Podberry. But I have to laugh. Just as I was reading your post I hit sl! lol.

Yes you are correct with regards to the spread, i was referring to using a different broker not about the spread. I dont think the spread caused him to stay in the trade it was more like the broker quote (i use a 2 pip spread and got stopped at at 1.6455).

The spread does make a difference but not if the brokers executions or fills are no good. So that needs to be taken into account also.

I am from Canada, and I like to make wild assumptions, but what do you guys from Europe think about this theory? I believe the UK bankers make up a small percentage of the total trading of the pound worldwide. The US is by far the largest economy in the world and I am sure US bankers have their automated systems in full swing by 3am ET (8am UK time), and the rest of Europe is huge compared to the UK. So altogether, I think that the US and Europe trading of the pound far outweighs the trading of the pound by UK bankers. Conclusion: If UK bankers take a holiday, when the rest of the world does not - it should have minimal impact on pound movement. Just some wild speculation on my part, but I would like to hear your thoughts. Cheers. ;)

Size of the economy is irrelevant in the financial transactions market. London is the worlds largest player in the currency markets and by quite a margin. Check out these links. http://www.trainingtraders.com/pres...g-performance-london-is-the-cash-capital.html and http://www.thinklondon.com/media_ce.../Sep/London_increases_forex_market_share.html

Result of trades for the Year to Date, including public holidays.
Deserteagle +533
40/40 +520
28/40 +472
35/40/BE +420
10/40 +380

Results for latest 100 trades (arising since late October 2010 and are all forward tested)
10/40 +600
40/40 +480
Deserteagle +421
28/40 +420
35/40/BE +275

Results of last 200 trades (which includes backtesting)
40/40 +2000
28/40 +1860
35/40/BE +1735
Deserteagle +1684
10/40 +1300

Starting times are 06.30 until last week when they changed to 06.15 uk time

26th April
All times Alpari UK

Old FMT settings (40,35,20,5) with Hammy66 timings on live Alpari UK account, result today:
07:15 SL
07:30 SL
07:45 SL

Catfish settings (see #7525) with Hammy66 timings on a demo Alpari UK account, result today:
07:15 SL
07:30 SL
07:45 SL

Today I did not trade, I wanted to see how today is going in order to decide what to do tomorrow, I guess I will be off the rest of the week.

Good luck!

WiseAmbitions,

Remember I said, always trust a short, as they appear to be a better bet (no pun intended!) - I'm adding a caveat - never trust a UK Bank Holiday.....

Happy holidays everyone...I'm off to the beach....(for the rest of the week...)

Regards, Chris

WiseAmbitions,

Remember I said, always trust a short, as they appear to be a better bet (no pun intended!) - I'm adding a caveat - never trust a UK Bank Holiday.....

Happy holidays everyone...I'm off to the beach....(for the rest of the week...)

Regards, Chris

You never know what you're going to get in this camel market
You never know at 06.15 whether it's going to be a good day or one to regret!

Yes there were 10 pips to be had, even 15 today in the direction of FMT signals, but 20, 28, 35, 40 or any other such like with a SL of well over 65 would still have caused a loss.

Result from the last just 4 trades since recommendations were revised:

40/40 zero
10/40 -10
28/40 -24
35/40/BE -45
35/45/BE,plus pips etc errr -50

You have to judge these things in longer term measurement, which is why I am trying to build up an accurate database.

eg. 40/40 since 1/1/2010 is plus 2360 ! ! ! ! !

This time next year we'll all be millionaires (only the ones who stick to the system!)

My Friends,

After Months of demo trading with FMT (and TMT) I decided to start live trading. So my live trades started on 7 April 2011 since then I have lost 6,4% of my initial balance. Even then I am convinced that this strategy has its edge and under "normal" circumstances my balance will turn to be positive. I think in the rest f April we will have some unfavourable times for FMT so I will skip the next days and start trading again on 3 May next week (as 2 May is a Bank Holiday).
3PO

You never know what you're going to get in this camel market
You never know at 06.15 whether it's going to be a good day or one to regret!

Yes there were 10 pips to be had, even 15 today in the direction of FMT signals, but 20, 28, 35, 40 or any other such like with a SL of well over 65 would still have caused a loss.

Result from the last just 4 trades since recommendations were revised:

40/40 zero
10/40 -10
28/40 -24
35/40/BE -45
35/45/BE,plus pips etc errr -50

You have to judge these things in longer term measurement, which is why I am trying to build up an accurate database.

eg. 40/40 since 1/1/2010 is plus 2360 ! ! ! ! !

This time next year we'll all be millionaires (only the ones who stick to the system!)
Well said Wise; remember everyone....Rome was not built in a day...I am sure that they took off bank holidays too..lol..but Rome was built!!!!;)