ForexMorningTrade System

morning all breakeveners. (Alpari uk and oanda for me)

just to put it out there and say i'm happy with a BE .. protection of capital is number 1, making profits number 2.

ive only been using marks system for a couple of weeks, but from reading people's genuine posts and looking at the stats I have all confidence in its continued success.

Hi Jimpees,

It sure will do. Give it some time. One of the criteria in trading...Patience.

Flourish? How could you earn 30 pips...?

Paul,

My trade entry was 1.63323 and closed with profit at 1.63614 on Oanda MT4. I've decided to use this platform for GBPUSD as I am not quick enough to manually enter trade on fxtrade. I reduced my target from 35 to 30 for today after my own analysis on the resistance level.

What lots are people trading or is that a no go zone? Id be very curious to know.

Phew, then you would know how much we are all making!

I suspect that some professional amateur traders here are trading with serious money!

I am using the 40/40 method, no BE. I agree with the above post to not keep changing the settings I had to learn this the hard way.

Alpari UK Re-quotes

Hi everyone.

I've used ThinkForex and their VPS, for some time, to trade Standard FMT EA4.3. I have two accounts and they ALWAYS enter on time, at exactly the same time, with exactly the same price.

I have recently opened an Account with Alpari UK, trading the same FMT set-up, using Mark's recommended VPS, Commercial Network Services, whom I recommend highly, having a latency of <1ms to Alpari UK.

However, my first two trades, at 0730 (0630 BST), yesterday and today, have received TWO re-quotes, each.

I am not a trader but I realise the potential consequences of this. Alpari merely furnished a standard reply, some of which I quote below:

"The reason for the re-quote lies within the fluid nature of the FOREX market, especially during the release of economic news. Orders are never guaranteed because if volatility is high, prices can be missed and we may not be able to obtain a quote for you at the price you requested. When attempting an instant execution order you may be re-quoted within a few seconds and in the case of a pending order you may experience slippage.
Even if the price moves against you, even by 0.00001, you will be re-quoted"

I know some of you have made similar posts in the past; should I be worried about Alpari's performance or is this just part of the way it is sometimes?

Many thanks.

Last edited:
Phew, then you would know how much we are all making!

I suspect that some professional amateur traders here are trading with serious money!

Hehe, that's true. To risk 2 to 3% of your account, one would need major capital to make decent profits. Enough not to have to work which is my ultimate aim if this robot continues to perform.

Hehe, that's true. To risk 2 to 3% of your account, one would need major capital to make decent profits. Enough not to have to work which is my ultimate aim if this robot continues to perform.

The reason you trade no more that 2-4% if you have a large account is to be able to withstand the drawdown period. It is hard to build capital and easy to lose it. The smaller the risk the smaller the drawdown. Compounding is the most important thing to take in mind. 2 -4% is plenty of risk. You just need time to compound your gains to grow the account. If you choose a risk size greater than this then I would make sure I am using moneymanagement so that it is recalculating your risk % as a calculation of your acutual account balance. This way it will keep reducing your trade size when you have consective losses. No matter what your risk percentage is per trade. You need to have a mental stoploss on your account to decide when to quit trading. Mine is 25-30% drawdown. If this occurs I will have to reevaluate the FMT. I use the moneymanagement feature by the way.

FMT for me this morning (55-35-25-5)

6:15 start, signal buy trade, hit BE+5 pips
6:30 start, signal buy trade, hit BE+5 pips
6:45 start, signal buy trade, hit BE+5 pips

total today +15 pips.. :)

total for the week +30 pips.. :)

Try living in BC Canada. 1 Good forex broker (Oanda) and a max of 50:1 leverage.:eek:

Hello Uber. I have a good friend in BC who trades with Go Markets (Australia), as I do.
We are both happy with them so far. They are STP, with no requotes and have 500:1 leverage if you want it. I've done hundreds of trades with them since summer 2010, and no problems to this point. I saw the other day that you can get them through Cash Back forex and make a few bucks on the side.

With FMT, I've had minor slippage on the non-BE trades, but overall the slippage so far is 1.6 pips positive on 9 wins and 1 loser since 10 March. All BE exits were executed perfectly.

Last edited:
I have been using FMT manually with a demo account.

I have just opened a live account and will be using the EA.
Are these the best settings? 40S/L, 35 T/P no BE.

Last edited:
Hi - I've just bought the FMT manual, and would like to manually trade it using IG index charts - if anyone else is doing this I'd appreciate a PM to make sure I have set up the charts the right way -

Thanks

Hello Uber. I have a good friend in BC who trades with Go Markets (Australia), as I do.
We are both happy with them so far. They are STP, with no requotes and have 500:1 leverage if you want it. I've done hundreds of trades with them since summer 2010, and no problems to this point. I saw the other day that you can get them through Cash Back forex and make a few bucks on the side.

With FMT, I've had minor slippage on the non-BE trades, but overall the slippage so far is 1.6 pips positive on 9 wins and 1 loser since 10 March. All BE exits were executed perfectly.

Thanks coral! :clap: What does STP mean?