ForexMorningTrade System

Beware - SLM server went down so no BE - full SL today due to their server.

Didn't have a problem, ****** 2011.04.05 07:30 sell 5.00 gbpusdsb 1.61240 1.61240 1.60890 2011.04.05 09:01 1.61240 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00, this was on an account using 40,35,20BE.

Didn't have a problem, ****** 2011.04.05 07:30 sell 5.00 gbpusdsb 1.61240 1.61240 1.60890 2011.04.05 09:01 1.61240 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00, this was on an account using 40,35,20BE.

I can see your break even. Perhaps you have a feed that did not go down?

2011.04.05 07:30 sell 5.00 gbpusdsb 1.61235 1.61785 0.00000 2011.04.05 09:47 1.61638

Hi there

Anyone that uses SLM in the UK have a problem using the EA this morning?

I believe they are having an issue with there platform and I recieved an error 133 message?

Just want to make sure it is nothing to do with the setting on the EA

I have spoke to them but thet are priotising people with open positions at the moment

Regards

Hi ya,
Yes I had problem as well. My 6:45am EA never opened. My 6:15 & 6:30 ones did but then never moved to BE. I tried to do this manually but due to the platform problem I couldn't. Price then reversed and took me out at SL. I phoned SLM to complain and they refunded my losses and apologized. I would of phoned to move SL but got called into work. The iPhone platform was also broke.
I am v.happy with how quickly it was all delt with tho. Apparently all is ok now.
Leo

Hi ya,
Yes I had problem as well. My 6:45am EA never opened. My 6:15 & 6:30 ones did but then never moved to BE. I tried to do this manually but due to the platform problem I couldn't. Price then reversed and took me out at SL. I phoned SLM to complain and they refunded my losses and apologized. I would of phoned to move SL but got called into work. The iPhone platform was also broke.
I am v.happy with how quickly it was all delt with tho. Apparently all is ok now.
Leo

Has the same problem, phoned to complain that my BE SL never went through and was told I would not be compensated:mad:

Hi ya,
Leo

That is astonishing - so why did they compensate you and not me? Is it because I have turbo morning trade and not FMT? The logic is that SL is moved to BE at +20 pips. Looking at other brokers - I can see the price moved so that TMT would have moved to BE had it received a tick and the price. all they said is that they have no way of knowing that the EA would have done something.

(P.S. I also did not call at the time because I was doing the school run)

Zoinks, out at SL -48, quick and dirty. No BE for me, sometimes a good thing but not today, ho hum... Still, stick to the rules and FMT should come good in the end, better luck tomorrow everyone

As an aside, in my spread betting account I loaded trade as the normal FMT Sell 37/48, and also set the reversal trade as a Buy at 1 pip over FMT trade SL, at 35/29 - that came good (very quickly!) So only -13 pips there today. Looks like my insurance policy paid off there today... If I'd used BE in there would have made 35 pips

As an aside, in my spread betting account I loaded trade as the normal FMT Sell 37/48, and also set the reversal trade as a Buy at 1 pip over FMT trade SL, at 35/29 - that came good (very quickly!) So only -13 pips there today. Looks like my insurance policy paid off there today... If I'd used BE in there would have made 35 pips

I made a bit of paper trade on this reserve trade and seems to me that when the trade goes up and you already touch the 20 pips to put you in BE, then even if it goes to the former SL, the movement is not so continuing (exception today, but big news today)
So it means that the reverse trade seems to be a good idea only if the trade never exceed 20pips over the entry
(hope I am clear)
Who has a software or whatever simulatoro to make this quicker and in a more profi way than just paper trading ?

Chiprec Hi, when I spoke they said they would honour all missed targets due to the problems, so talk about your BE if this goes to SL? Chris

Chris thanks for the info, good to know this for future reference.Hopefully the problems are sorted and there wont be a re occurrence. I am on demo at the moment,considering going live soon.
Ea missed BE this morning, but was around to manually move stop, unlike others.Could be costly .Hope everyone gets sorted.
Mike

Hit SL -40 pips with original settings. 2 consecutive losses (last thursday and today) :(

I am using the original settings also and was stopped out, however, last Thursday was a win for me. I did have a loss on Tuesday, win on Wed, win on Thurs, no trade on Fri and Mon. On the two losses the BE would have prevented this but I have seen it many times turn around and be a win while others are stopped at BE. I am going to continue with these settings for a while. I believe that consistency in the settings that one uses is important. I hope I am on the right track. I have also closed trades early in the past and it did not turn out well.

Lady Forex

I am using the original settings also and was stopped out, however, last Thursday was a win for me. I did have a loss on Tuesday, win on Wed, win on Thurs, no trade on Fri and Mon. On the two losses the BE would have prevented this but I have seen it many times turn around and be a win while others are stopped at BE. I am going to continue with these settings for a while. I believe that consistency in the settings that one uses is important. I hope I am on the right track. I have also closed trades early in the past and it did not turn out well.

Lady Forex

I think consistency is key. And that means applying the same rules day in day out.

40/40 (without BE resetting).

Last 50 trades +560
Last 100 trades +800
Last 150 trades + 1280
Last 200 trades +2160

Even though the winning rate might be no better than 6 in 10, look how steady the profits accumulate. And these numbers even include Christmas when about 250 pips just evaporated.
5 lots traded 200 times would have generated $108000, That's a lot of money, with no need to understand support and resistance, no need to worry about what the next news release will contain, and no need to worry because someone else on here tells you the system is broken and was only put on the market at the end of the best run in 10 years........... It doesn't pay to think too much.

I think consistency is key. And that means applying the same rules day in day out.

40/40 (without BE resetting).

Last 50 trades +560
Last 100 trades +800
Last 150 trades + 1280
Last 200 trades +2160

Even though the winning rate might be no better than 6 in 10, look how steady the profits accumulate. And these numbers even include Christmas when about 250 pips just evaporated.
5 lots traded 200 times would have generated $108000, That's a lot of money, with no need to understand support and resistance, no need to worry about what the next news release will contain, and no need to worry because someone else on here tells you the system is broken and was only put on the market at the end of the best run in 10 years........... It doesn't pay to think too much.

Amen Brother:!:

FMT for me this morning (55-35-25-5)

6:15 start, signal sell trade, hit BE+5 pips
6:30 start, signal sell trade, hit BE+5 pips
6:45 start, signal sell trade, hit BE+5 pips

total today +15 pips.

Chris thanks for the info, good to know this for future reference.Hopefully the problems are sorted and there wont be a re occurrence. I am on demo at the moment,considering going live soon.
Ea missed BE this morning, but was around to manually move stop, unlike others.Could be costly .Hope everyone gets sorted.
Mike

They will only honor a target they can see (that is part of the trade SL or TP). They will not honor a break even that the EA may have set had it been given the price feed.