ForexMorningTrade System

Strange to think it when you look at the chart this morning, but even the ordinary FMT template is likely to filter us out of a long trade due to the £ having too much push to it. I think this related to action at the end of Friday in the London session more than what's been going on in the last 2 or 3 hours
We'll see

There's talk that European interest rates may rise this week, so it could get interesting

Very active this morning, even a 6.15 signal was a NO TRADE, presumably because of that long candle, hopefully will come back enough to give us a good entry at 6.30.

Also heard that the FED are also making noises about moving interest rates up, so add that to extortionate energy prices, inflation and poor employment figures and I think I'll be looking to short the major indices - assuming we don't have a re-stoke of the fire with another round of QE!

Morning All,

No trade for me. FXDD EA Live.

When I looked in the 'experts tab' in stated that one of the indicators was higher/lower than allowed. Is this the same as the 'XXXXXXX' filter? (If you would like me to remove this please let me know)

M

Last edited:
Very active this morning, even a 6.15 signal was a NO TRADE, presumably because of that long candle, hopefully will come back enough to give us a good entry at 6.30.

Also heard that the FED are also making noises about moving interest rates up, so add that to extortionate energy prices, inflation and poor employment figures and I think I'll be looking to short the major indices - assuming we don't have a re-stoke of the fire with another round of QE!

it all equates to an early bedtime for this vancouver trader :sleep:

Hello there,

No its not the same as the filter you mention. Look at p.18 sect 4.1.1.1 of your FMT manual, and you will see why its a no trade (due to one of the parameters being exceeded).!

Morning All,

When I looked in the 'experts tab' in stated that one of the indicators was higher/lower than allowed. Is this the same as the XXXXXX filter? (If you would like me to remove this please let me know)

M

Hello there,

No its not the same as the filter you mention. Look at p.18 sect 4.1.1.1 of your FMT manual, and you will see why its a no trade (due to one of the parameters being exceeded).!

oh yah, that's a good heads up. back to the books.. good times! :smart:

Morning All,

When I looked in the 'experts tab' in stated that one of the indicators was higher/lower than allowed. Is this the same as the 'long candle' filter? (If you would like me to remove this please let me know)

M

The reason for the ordinary version of FMT template saying don't trade (and the ordinary EA not opening a trade) refers to data collected over a period of several hours, whereas I believe the long candle filter refers only to very recent price action. I don't know whether the long candle filter would have stopped us today, it's the main filter which is saying the price is overheated.

Better safe than sorry, I know a lot of manual traders like me might have considered a small TP on a long today, but I looked at the RSI line which also indicated an overbought position and decided to abide by the rules. Else it would have been another wash in cold water for me if I got it wrong! (what other penance to people apply?)

Last edited:
Im well pi55ed off lol.... been scalping all night, had a field day.. oh except for the one when i shorted just before the crazy spike :/