ForexMorningTrade System

Didn't look promising to start with; went for breakfast, came back - 35 pips done and dusted for the day - nice! I'm sure FMT works better when I'm not looking over it's shoulder! :D

Indeed Ramraf, I was considering to close my trade. Went for cworfee, returned with profit in my account. Another nice morning. Have a good day.

Ezmai

Traderlin, thanks. Its just that there are people on the forum, who haven't paid for FMT, and could figure out how FMT works, which is a bit unfair to Mark.
Regards, Chris

Oops, I didn't think of that. In my mind everyone here was using FMT, so my apologies.

FMT for me today :

6:00 start, No Trade
6:15 start, No Trade
6:30 start, sell trade, hit TP +30 pips
6:45 start, sell trade, hit TP +30 pips

total today +60 pips ..

total for the week so far +243 pips..

I have decided not to trade tomorrow and Monday, 25/2/11 & 28/2/11. I want to finish the month on a big high...
Good luck FMT traders for the next two trading days. I will be thinking of you whilst snorrrring.

Hi,
I am currently trading 40 ST , with 50% off at 10 pips, (then BE for rest) 50% off at 28 pips. I was slow on the draw today (taking profit), so did considerably better.

I like the steady consistent wins, low drawdown, and low number of losses. (OK Xmas wasn't so good). And yes, total pips is less, but who cares? I can trade a bigger size, with a clear mind. I trade 2% on shorts, 1% on longs.

Regards, Chris

Is it possible to do a backtest on those parameters?
Geoff

What Platform are you using? I work with Alpari and so far as I know iyou can only close 100 %.

Greetings

I believe it is the same for all MT4 platforms including Alpari.
Right click on the trade in the terminal window and click on close position
The trade window opens and you can adjust the volume to the % that you want to close either by using the drop down list or highlighting the volume and overwriting the amount.
Then click on the long yellow box and the trade is divided and the portion that you want is closed.
I think that the only allow increments of 0.10, so if you attempt to close 0.33, it probably won't work, whereas 0.30 will.

hi do you go thru an US broker? Because what if FMT opened trades in opposite directions amounting to hedging?

Thanks

FMT for me today :

6:00 start, No Trade
6:15 start, No Trade
6:30 start, sell trade, hit TP +30 pips
6:45 start, sell trade, hit TP +30 pips

total today +60 pips ..

total for the week so far +243 pips..

Hi guys!
I'm a new user on FMT and trading in general.

Have a couple of questions, I'd hope you could help me with :)

I have opened an account with SmartLiveMarkets and deposited £300.
There's a cash back deal going, meaning that the net loss incurred during the next month will be covered by SLM (max £300).

So I was thinking that I'd play this a little riskier than recommended.
If I lose the bank I'll get the loss covered, but if I win I'll have a bigger bank at the end of the month. Ofcourse when the month has ended I will start with proper money management (2.5% sounds right?).

Anyways, do you think I'll stand a chance of making it through the month if I bet 20% on each trade? This means that 5 consecutive losses would wipe me out, how often does that happen?

I'm thinking of using your settings hammy66. Do you know the success rate of your bets?

Alright, thanks all, this is very interesting :clap:

It amazes me to witness the loyalty and protectiveness displayed towards Mark. And how new members quickly fall into the same loyal mindset as the veterans.
Just an observation on my part.

There are not many people that provide services as honest and upfront as he is. Also, most do not answer emails the way he does.

I saw an interesting article in the Wall Street Journal yesterday...basically, the big corporations that have to buy and sell goods internationally, have been hedging currencies. They do this to "lock in" a few months in advance that they have to purchase something out of the country. Anyway, they had been ramping this up because of the unpredictablity of the currency markets, and now they feel that the markets have returned to a normalcy and have stopped hedging as much.

For us, maybe that means that our indicators will prove to work a greater % of the time than they have the last 4-6 months.

Thoughts?

+26 pips today

I have decided not to trade tomorrow and Monday, 25/2/11 & 28/2/11. I want to finish the month on a big high...
Good luck FMT traders for the next two trading days. I will be thinking of you whilst snorrrring.

Icepop

I would keep trading. The Market doesn't know know about "month", or your profit for the month. Sure, there could be losses, or their could be wins. Would you stop trading in October if you felt you had enough pips for the year?

Live forward RAW trading results with FMT for my real money account since 9/14/10 are as follows: Raw means I have had system isssues not taking trades, I have closed trades early (which I do not do anylonger) using all the standard settings that Mark Fric has set forth during the entire period. I did not trade 12/15/10--1/17/11 total trades taken 67, total winning trades 47, losing 20 for 70.15% winning trades. Risking 4% per trade compounded i have increased the account 67% since 9/14/10 using the standard settings. Just wanted to post these results to give confidence in the standard settings. I will not be trading the system from 8/1/11 through 9/15/11 as my experience this is a lower liquidity period as well. I will basically trade it about 9 months per year with the expectation of about 1350 pips per year on average based on historical results.

Hi Lin,

From my backtests, (Aug 10 to date) the most consecutive losses for 40/10 has been 2 in a row (4th and 5th January 2011 and 3rd and 5th Aug 2010 - There was a no trade in between these dates).

On the positive side, there have been periods of up to 2 1/2 months of consecutive successful trades (Aug 18 until Nov 1st) which obviously is good for the account balance! The only losing month I found to date is -10 pips in August - which I can live with!

Please note most of this info comes from manual backtest data and includes 2.5 pips spread, however, I cannot rule out that I may have made a mistake somewhere, so please don't consider these figures set in stone!

Because the chance of a losing trade on this strategy is less than standard FMT I use a slightly higher risk of 5%. So far I am satisfied with the results I am getting on my live account.

If anyone on this forum is able to input this strategy into metatrader for backtest PRIOR to Aug 10 I would be very interested to see previous years results. I have to confess I only trade and backtest manually and don't know much about EA's or Metatrader backtests - I should really read Mark's new .pdfs and find out how to do this I suppose! :whistling

Happy trading,

Philip.

Hi Philip

I have started trading 40/10 for the same reasons as you. I am trading with a 5% risk.
Can you please tell me in your back testing what has been the most consecutive losses?
I did a quick manual test for the past 4 months last night around 2am my time, and I saw two losses in a row. It's possible that this is not correct considering the time I did this. But I could live with a draw down of $160 which I will recoup quickly.
Nice easy stress free way of trading.

Regards

Lin

Hi guys!
I'm a new user on FMT and trading in general.

I have opened an account with SmartLiveMarkets and deposited £300.
There's a cash back deal going, meaning that the net loss incurred during the next month will be covered by SLM (max £300).

So I was thinking that I'd play this a little riskier than recommended.
If I lose the bank I'll get the loss covered, but if I win I'll have a bigger bank at the end of the month. Ofcourse when the month has ended I will start with proper money management (2.5% sounds right?).

Anyways, do you think I'll stand a chance of making it through the month if I bet 20% on each trade? This means that 5 consecutive losses would wipe me out, how often does that happen?
Alright, thanks all, this is very interesting :clap:

If I were you I'd stick with 10pc risk maximum OR go for a more conservative setting which has a higher % win rate.
eg 10TP

good luck. Please keep us updated of your returns!

No trade at 06.30 GMT. But look at the FMT template signals after the 1/4 hour new candle started on our chart and before and how one suddenly jumped into the buy zone

Morning all,

No trade for me (FXDD EA Live). Only just though.

Great week overall.

GL to those who have a trade

M