ForexMorningTrade System

I am short at 1.57829, on GoMarkets.
Reason for Broker variation appears due to Momentum being an absolute line-ball call - my GoMarkets feed shows momentum =0.99862; wheareas CCI channel indy is clearly negative. Looks like some other data feeds have just made Mom 1.00xx+?, to leave a 'no trade' outcome for the day.

Hi,
I just prepare the settings for the EA (using it the first time) and have a question concerning the SL/TP.
When Mark says that the ProfitTargetPip = 35, does this already consider 5 digit brokers? Or do I have to place the ProfitTarget than to 350 Pips.
Thanks for the help.

Antomi

Are you calling a trailing stop here?
I have never used but with a 5 digit broker is a trail of say 20 pips actually 200 points?
I did one experimental TS and was stopped out quickly which suggests my TS was only a tenth of what I desired.:innocent:

I am short at 1.57829, on GoMarkets.
Reason for Broker variation appears due to Momentum being an absolute line-ball call - my GoMarkets feed shows momentum =0.99862; wheareas CCI channel indy is clearly negative. Looks like some other data feeds have just made Mom 1.00xx+?, to leave a 'no trade' outcome for the day.

Yes the Momentum is different at different brokers.
Surprisingly ATC and Alpari are exactly identical whereas ThinkForex and FXCM are totally different (same settings).
See the attached images.

This is an indication for me not to work with ThinkForex and FXCM with a live account.

Attachments

• ALPARI.jpg
    ALPARI.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 180
  • ATC.jpg
    ATC.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 775
  • FXCM.jpg
    FXCM.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 776
  • ThinkForex.jpg
    ThinkForex.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 147
(y) +35 pips. Good start to one last week of trading before taking a break into new year.

First half out at 25 pips, second half still in even though my chart shows i was up 37 pips, ea didnt close it out at the predetermined 35 pips, market was too fast i guess, happens sometimes.

Alpari US went short @ 1.57808. +35 on FMT. For some reason TMT didn't take 50% out @ 35TP and is still running, hoping for profit2.

I decided to reduce TP for this week to 25, and not to sit over the trade, so I was happy to start with a win even if I didn't take as much off the table as there might have been.

Best luck to all for the rest of this week!

Have a question to anyone living in the Uk.

Spread betting in UK is Tax Free. Forex Trading with a $USD denomination account is not and to best of my knowledge falls under capital gains tax should one decide to withdrawl funds.

So does anyone know if your denomination is £GBP based and not $USD, Does this fall under Spread Betting category and hence fall under the tax free bracket?

Definately off FMT topic but thinking of switching Base currency from $$ to ££ if aobve is true.

Anyone that may have an answer would be great,

Cheers,
Jash

+35 pips with SmartTradeFX (live), in at 1.75805. Demos split--FXOpen +35, VantageFX no trade.

Have a question to anyone living in the Uk.

Spread betting in UK is Tax Free. Forex Trading with a $USD denomination account is not and to best of my knowledge falls under capital gains tax should one decide to withdrawl funds.

So does anyone know if your denomination is £GBP based and not $USD, Does this fall under Spread Betting category and hence fall under the tax free bracket?

Definately off FMT topic but thinking of switching Base currency from $$ to ££ if aobve is true.

Anyone that may have an answer would be great,

Cheers,
Jash

Never used a $USD account but using IG and SLM to spreadbet £GBP, both tax free and MT4 with SLM as well.

Never used a $USD account but using IG and SLM to spreadbet £GBP, both tax free and MT4 with SLM as well.

Cheers for that, I have an account with Alpari UK and im sure if i change base currency to GBP then it changes the tax implications. Will find out.

First half out at 25 pips, second half still in even though my chart shows i was up 37 pips, ea didnt close it out at the predetermined 35 pips, market was too fast i guess, happens sometimes.

Happened to my Turbo EA too. Was asleep, so didn't see the market, but all the FMT EA users seem to have got their 35 pips. Please let Mark know that it happened to you, too. This can't happen again. Because of this error and some of Turbo's other erratic trading habits, I'm tempted to switch back to FMT, unless Mark gets a better handle on Turbo.

Turbo has so many variations, that I doubt all settings have been tested.