ForexMorningTrade System

Dear All: I'm new to this forum and going to start using Forex Morning Trading system. I'm having problem in set up as I'm having the account with IG markets. Anyone using the FMT system on Ig markets. Issue is IGMarkets doesn't support MEta trader. IF I'm not able to connect Meta trader, how I can do the FMT setup to get the signals.

My apologies if this is discussed earlier in the forum. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Dear All: I'm new to this forum and going to start using Forex Morning Trading system. I'm having problem in set up as I'm having the account with IG markets. Anyone using the FMT system on Ig markets. Issue is IGMarkets doesn't support MEta trader. IF I'm not able to connect Meta trader, how I can do the FMT setup to get the signals.

My apologies if this is discussed earlier in the forum. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

If your broker doesn't have the MT4, you'll need to find another broker that does.

Hi,

You do not need to use the FMT EA to trade. You can get the FMT signal from an MT4 demo account and trade on IG Markets.

Hello karthikvenkatesan,

I'm also with IGmarkets. You can download MT4 and set up the charts etc...MT4 has an automatic feed with Alpari.

I set up the charts on MT4 with the template and EA provided, then manually enter with IG index.

Regards

Francis

I would like to know if my posts are helpful to people or if I should just delete everything I say and walk away. Alot of you want to make fmt the trading god, and Mark it's maker. Yet there are two ways a trade will go: 1. trend following and 2. trend reversal. There are clear reasons why a trade is one or the other. If I end up confusing people with my posts (adding years of experience with manual and EA's), then I prefer not to influence anyone's trading. I know I was often confused by other traders when I first started. It is not my intention to confuse anyone, but to share some of the many things I have learned the hard way.

yes bluedancer, your posts are very helpfull (for me) !
Thanks ! (y)

Blue dancer - please keep posting, even though you didn't reply to my question some days back!!!! It was about the different patterns that GBP/USD have pre open... cant remember now, but i am keen to share your knowledge, to learn. I will still stick to FMT, but in the future...
J

12-09-2010
FMT 4.1
Loss
-42 pips

Total: +39 pips - since 11-08-2010
Stats: 7 BE, 5 No Trades, 7 Profits, 5 Losses
Broker: FXSolutions - 4 decimal point charts and fixed spreads
Settings: 40 SL, 20 BE, 35 TP

FMT simulates a successful professional Forex trader. The pros trade like robots, they don’t let their emotions get in the way. They don’t feel bad if they lose, because they think long-term, not short term. They have tested their trading plan, and they let their plan trade for them. They have total confidence in their plan. They never feel like they have to make up their losses and over trade, or change their plan. They don’t get greedy when they’re winning. They know that greed kills.

This EA has a proven record it can make money, but it will be tested during this holiday season. The Automated Trading Championship 2010, which is currently going on right now, is held from October 4th to December 24. Why those days? Because those are the toughest days to trade, they figure if a trading Forex robot can survive during this time, it can do well any time. At the end of the championship, the top three EA developers will share in a total award of $80,000 US dollars! http://championship.mql5.com/

In regards to choosing a broker, the new Forex rules force brokers to disclose the percentage of profitable retail Forex client accounts. Here's the disclosure for third quarter 2010, data taken from http://www.oanda.com/

Oanada 48%
GFT Forex 33%
IBFX 28%
FXSolutions 24%
MB Trading 24%
FXCM 23%
forex.com 23%
PFG 21%

If you want automated trading, the best broker, based on this data is IBFX.
Oanada doesn’t have the MT4 platform, but there are possible plans of adding the platform in the future. GFT forex doesn’t have MT4 either, but they did say you have the ability to hook up the MT4 platform to their trading software, using a program called Strategy Runner through technical support. But right now, they have no plans on adding MT4 as a simple installation.

Last edited:
12-09-2010
FMT 4.1
Loss
-42 pips

Total: +39 pips - since 11-08-2010
Stats: 7 BE, 5 No Trades, 7 Profits, 5 Losses
Broker: FXSolutions - 4 decimal point charts and fixed spreads
Settings: 40 SL, 20 BE, 35 TP

FMT simulates a successful professional Forex trader. The pros trade like robots, they don’t let their emotions get in the way. They don’t feel bad if they lose, because they think long-term, not short term. They have tested their trading plan, and they let their plan trade for them. They have total confidence in their plan. They never feel like they have to make up their losses and over trade, or change their plan. They don’t get greedy when they’re winning. They know that greed kills.

This EA has a proven record it can make money, but it will be tested during this holiday season. The Automated Trading Championship 2010, which is currently going on right now, is held from October 4th to December 24. Why those days? Because those are the toughest days to trade, they figure if a trading Forex robot can survive during this time, it can do well any time. At the end of the championship, the top three EA developers will share in a total award of $80,000 US dollars! http://championship.mql5.com/

In regards to choosing a broker, the new Forex rules force brokers to disclose the percentage of profitable retail Forex client accounts. Here's the disclosure for third quarter 2010, data taken from http://www.oanda.com/

Oanada 48%
GFT Forex 33%
IBFX 28%
FXSolutions 24%
MB Trading 24%
FXCM 23%
forex.com 23%
PFG 21%

If you want automated trading, the best broker, based on this data is IBFX.
Oanada doesn’t have the MT4 platform, but there are possible plans of adding the platform in the future. GFT forex doesn’t have MT4 either, but they did say you have the ability to hook up the MT4 platform to their trading software, using a program called Strategy Runner through technical support. But right now, they have no plans on adding MT4 as a simple installation.

Redgurrella, I look forward to the tally you give in each of your posts. I took it upon myself to go and look at my trade history on one of my 3 live accounts that I have kept the trade size the same. I did a report from 10/1/10 through 12/9/10 and it was exactly 394.56 pips which includes slippage, computer issues, software bug with version 4.0 which was fixed with 4.1 etc. Just wanted to post this for any newbee coming into this forum to show what it has done in forward live real market. October was great, november was acceptable and December has started off on a good pace. I have not made my mind up if I am trading over the holidays at full trade position or will reduce it by 1/2 or 3/4 during that time and let it run.

.... October was great, November was acceptable and December has started off on a good pace. I have not made my mind up if I am trading over the holidays at full trade position or will reduce it by 1/2 or 3/4 during that time and let it run.

I am basing my decision on last year's trading. I have found that every week except 7 days before and including Christmas was good. The week before the 25th was awful.
Based on that, I will not be trading from Dec. 19 - 26. I have not made up my mind about the week right after Christmas. Last year that week was good. New years had no effect and the first week in Jan was also good as well.

I am basing my decision on last year's trading. I have found that every week except 7 days before and including Christmas was good. The week before the 25th was awful.
Based on that, I will not be trading from Dec. 19 - 26. I have not made up my mind about the week right after Christmas. Last year that week was good. New years had no effect and the first week in Jan was also good as well.

Based on what I've seen the past 2 years I will be shutting down all forex activity on Thur. Dec.16th and starting up again on Wed. Jan. 5th., so no trading for 3 weeks..;)

Enjoy the holidays !!..:clap:

Hello karthikvenkatesan,

I'm also with IGmarkets. You can download MT4 and set up the charts etc...MT4 has an automatic feed with Alpari.

I set up the charts on MT4 with the template and EA provided, then manually enter with IG index.

Regards

Francis

Francis,

Great, Thank you so much. If you don't mind, I will come back to you if I have any questions.

Thanks
Karthik

Guys whats your thoughts on news events with this EA, for example we have ppi input coming up in the morning with a forecast of 0.7%

I'm new to forex trading and was wondering should I disable the EA for this event? My gut instinct says no as the announcement is at 4:30am and you'd think the market would have already adjusted by the time TMT has it's fingers on the button.

Guys whats your thoughts on news events with this EA, for example we have ppi input coming up in the morning with a forecast of 0.7%

I'm new to forex trading and was wondering should I disable the EA for this event? My gut instinct says no as the announcement is at 4:30am and you'd think the market would have already adjusted by the time TMT has it's fingers on the button.

I trade right through the news with FMT.

Here is the question of the day. Do backtests and a few months of live testing equate to future results that repeat the recent past... or are we all just a bunch of suckers for something that looks good on paper? ie. time machines have not been invented yet