ForexMorningTrade System

Go ahead Blue, show me and us who else started with the 30 min start time. GO AHEAD post the post number so we can see!!

ok I mentioned it at least 3 times, 792, 295, and 1848, and those are the pages I bothered to look at...

News in just under 2 hours: GBP Purchasing Manager Index Construction.
Hopefully, we hit TP by then, and if not then hopefully the news will help us out again. :)

ANYONE - Does the Turbo allow for instant order execution, when dropped on any chart. This is what I have been looking for. If it had this feature, I would defiantly want it. Thanks

ANYONE - Does the Turbo allow for instant order execution, when dropped on any chart. This is what I have been looking for. If it had this feature, I would defiantly want it. Thanks

According to Mark, it does. I bought it, but haven't tried it, as I'm finding it difficult to backtest for a configuration that can outperform FMT.

I too bought for the instant order execution. What I would prefer would be the ability to enter pending orders.

ihelfman,

Appreciate the information. I guess I will go and buy it then, as this is the option I wanted. This would come in handy when I am around as I would be able to trade any pair whenever I so choose after iI see the FMT entry requirements are present.

yes, it allows instant execution, so if you have the current chart time within trading time range, and you place the EA on the chart AND the signal is valid according to the FMT rules, then it opens the order instantly.

yes, it allows instant execution, so if you have the current chart time within trading time range, and you place the EA on the chart AND the signal is valid according to the FMT rules, then it opens the order instantly.

Mark I really appreciate your comments on the forum, the work you have put in and the VALUE of your trading system. It seems to be the final key for me to have 85-90% winning trades. Very grateful !!

Mark I really appreciate your comments on the forum, the work you have put in and the VALUE of your trading system. It seems to be the final key for me to have 85-90% winning trades. Very grateful !!

Hi Blue - I like the simplicity of FMT but in a month am only slightly ahead (partly because I was on manual trading and missed some B/E positions and then when I moved to running the EA it placed a trade at 10% of what I thought and it won so I should be further ahead). I'm intrigued by the comment of giving you 85-90% winning trades - I wouldn't expect you to divulge the turbo EA but how have you come to this - have you backtested cos previous comments I think were that it only gave a marginal improvement on vanilla FMT?

PHP:

Sounds a pretty high success ratio/ potential profit factor and I'd be interested in elaboration of the details.

I find FMT (Mark's Mark 1) settings have a long term success rate of 70 to 75 per cent although it gets the direction of the trend right far more often than that. Just that TP is not always hit resulting in SL (or BE) being experienced, and perhaps a lower target might give a higher success rate but less overall pips. Definitely seems necessary to allow 40 pips SL and I read here of plenty followers who are doing well for themselves allowing even for 65

PHP:

Sounds a pretty high success ratio/ potential profit factor and I'd be interested in elaboration of the details.

I find FMT (Mark's Mark 1) settings have a long term success rate of 70 to 75 per cent although it gets the direction of the trend right far more often than that. Just that TP is not always hit resulting in SL (or BE) being experienced, and perhaps a lower target might give a higher success rate but less overall pips. Definitely seems necessary to allow 40 pips SL and I read here of plenty followers who are doing well for themselves allowing even for 65

Exactly, see my previous post, I use SL 65, this value gives me the best results in the BT's for 2010.

icon_smile.gif
spoke too soon! +42 +40 +40.7 +39

Lol, cool. That's some very nice numbers :D

Hi Blue - I like the simplicity of FMT but in a month am only slightly ahead (partly because I was on manual trading and missed some B/E positions and then when I moved to running the EA it placed a trade at 10% of what I thought and it won so I should be further ahead). I'm intrigued by the comment of giving you 85-90% winning trades - I wouldn't expect you to divulge the turbo EA but how have you come to this - have you backtested cos previous comments I think were that it only gave a marginal improvement on vanilla FMT?

the gbp/usd price patterns from NY close to London open deserve study. The pair has habits. I don't have the turbo EA, but I will get it to see if I can duplicate my results.

I watch pre-trade range 4-6 London whether gmt or not. I also take note of the day's move since NY close. There are 8 breakout patterns from the pre-trade range. each one has it's own setup. This is visual price s&r tracking. I include quantum wave range analysis which is not elliott wave, but specific angle trendline slopes. s&r lines either by price or by qw are either reversal or penetration lines. So I can expect when a line will cause reversal or it will be penetrated.

On top of that I set fib expansion levels.

when there is confluence I have either my trade target or I put my stop outside the lines.

When there is strong reversal sign close to fmt entry, I stay out and wait for a better entry.

The simplest thing to note for fmt is that 90% of the time price will break pre-trade range (4-6am) by 20 pips, from there it either stalls and continues to 40 pips, or reverses. If the pre-trade range is large, like 40 pips, there is often sideways market out of the range one way and then back out the other way (not 100% of the time). If it is small, like 10-15 pips the move will often be strong in one direction except for big news days. Today the range was 21 pips, a good sign of a 40 pip move outside of the range, the first move was only 16 pips up, then down to 10 pips below, but the upward fib level and trendline confluence had not been hit, so I stayed in and expanded my stop to 50 pips to be safe. Price then went up 50 pips above the pre-trade range to hit fib 1.618 expansion of first move 1.5484-1.5595.

I also sometimes remove the BE as the trade progresses.

All of this is a lot of work. 4-6 hours a day! It's a job

suggested settings by tkB or Fluegel can help with FMT. I suggest using settings that work for your psychology. The problem with what I am doing is having enough detail and determining what is valid. it is easy to second guess the self, I prefer to have exact protocol, which is what an EA does for you.

good luck :)

Last edited: