ForexMorningTrade System

201011231355.png

Tk, or anyone else for that matter, care to comment on this possibility?

USDCHF
TradingHour=15
TradingMinute=45
StopLossPips=75
ProfitTargetPips=50
BreakEvenAtPipProfit=10
TrailingStopPips=50

The backtest was run on FXDD, 1/1/10 through 11/23/10. Profit factor 2.13, maximal drawdown 4.43%, relative drawdown 5.34%.

I was going through a few other pairs, because I know some folks are also trading the EURUSD, and I was curious if other pairs might have certain times of the day for breakouts. The USDCHF is the only other one I found in my quick survey (not to say there aren't other possibilities) that painted a decent equity graph.

Has anyone else looked at trading other pairs using FMT?

Agreed in principle. You will note that I explained the reason in post 3393 before the trade was due to initialise.

You were correct Aspex...however there was a profitable sell at 7.00 pm NZ time using the Ea that TK BEIBER has developed which further complicates the issue.. I just let the Ea run. Good luck for the rest of the week...:D

0830.png

2115l.png

Which one would you trade? A or B?

Both are the EURUSD. Criteria are the same on both EXCEPT time of day to trade.

A is traded at 0830.
B is traded at 2115.

A, 1.35 profit factor, 8.14 relative DD
B, 2.08 profit factor, 5.78 relative DD

Am I chasing a red herring here?

If those tests are run on the false and incomplete MT4 Metaquotes data directly downloaded into MT4, i just have one comment:

I would not even bet my rosty bicycle on that.................

Run with real tick data.

MHK

201011231355.png

Tk, or anyone else for that matter, care to comment on this possibility?

USDCHF
TradingHour=15
TradingMinute=45
StopLossPips=75
ProfitTargetPips=50
BreakEvenAtPipProfit=10
TrailingStopPips=50

The backtest was run on FXDD, 1/1/10 through 11/23/10. Profit factor 2.13, maximal drawdown 4.43%, relative drawdown 5.34%.

I was going through a few other pairs, because I know some folks are also trading the EURUSD, and I was curious if other pairs might have certain times of the day for breakouts. The USDCHF is the only other one I found in my quick survey (not to say there aren't other possibilities) that painted a decent equity graph.

Has anyone else looked at trading other pairs using FMT?

Trading time of 15 - how does this relate to FMT's time of 6:30?

If those tests are run on the false and incomplete MT4 Metaquotes data directly downloaded into MT4, i just have one comment:

I would not even bet my rosty bicycle on that.................

Run with real tick data.

MHK

MHK, where do you source your tick data?

Hello all. Just curious to see what everybody thinks of an added feature in the EA of a jumpstop. Basically it would work like follows; enter trade once trade gets to an input amount of profit the EA moves the stoploss to BE. Then once the signal gets to another input value of profit (e.g. 30 pips) the EA moves the stoploss to another input value (e.g. 20 pips profit) so therefore on those days where it gets to say 32 and reverses atleast there is a decent profit locked in. Ofcourse for those not wanting to use this feature this could simply be turned off by setting to zero.

Any thoughts.

Hello all. Just curious to see what everybody thinks of an added feature in the EA of a jumpstop. Basically it would work like follows; enter trade once trade gets to an input amount of profit the EA moves the stoploss to BE. Then once the signal gets to another input value of profit (e.g. 30 pips) the EA moves the stoploss to another input value (e.g. 20 pips profit) so therefore on those days where it gets to say 32 and reverses atleast there is a decent profit locked in. Ofcourse for those not wanting to use this feature this could simply be turned off by setting to zero.

Any thoughts.

I believe the Breakout Genius does this. Only 1 loss so far this month, also trades the pre-London session.

Source is easy: Dukascopy

Difficult task: Convert these data into MT4

I have posted a link, which needs admin approval first. So patience is required.

In the meantime, that should give a clue about real backtesting!

http://www.trader-forex.fr/forum/sy...quality-when-backtesting-mt4-build-225-a.html

MHK

I think I could convert the data, given enough time. A little java app or something to parse and reformat.

But Dukascopy looks equally v. interesting - lesser currency crosses back to 2003! and frustrating in equal measure - do you really have to download each day individually? Or should I be patient and wait for your link to be approved?

I think I could convert the data, given enough time. A little java app or something to parse and reformat.

But Dukascopy looks equally v. interesting - lesser currency crosses back to 2003! and frustrating in equal measure - do you really have to download each day individually? Or should I be patient and wait for your link to be approved?

Unfortunatly the download and conversion will take about 30h on a world class high end PC.

MHK

LOL------------per pair, per year