ForexMorningTrade System

It looks like the caution was justified with most likely to be out by now.
Sometimes the news does override the trend :(

It is better to take all the signals. If you pick and choose you will be 50/50 at best. The system is designed with a bias. His backtest and of course forward testing shows that if you consistantly take the signals you will be profitable. When you picka and choose you will miss some winners the same as losers. This is just my opinion and the way I trade this system.

It is better to take all the signals. If you pick and choose you will be 50/50 at best. The system is designed with a bias. His backtest and of course forward testing shows that if you consistantly take the signals you will be profitable. When you picka and choose you will miss some winners the same as losers. This is just my opinion and the way I trade this system.

Very true and my sentiments indeed.

If you don't trade by the system rules then you are not trading this system so do not bother relying on backtesting.

I saw your results, good job so far.
Sometimes you entered 1.50 hour before FMT is it normal?

Yes, the extended version begins 30 minutes before FMT.

Today, it's a good thing because Extended was a win :clap: and FMT was a loss. :(

Results here.

Very true and my sentiments indeed.

If you don't trade by the system rules then you are not trading this system so do not bother relying on backtesting.

Yes you never know every day whether it's going to be a good or a bad trade, but so long as you do the same thing every day for the same reason you'll come out ok in the long run, boring as it may sound.

Obviously this depends on favourable conditions continuing to prevail.

Recent results, sticking to the rules. except for not resetting SL to BE:
1) 2 wins in the last 5 trades (not good!)
2) 6 in the last 10
3) 17 in the last 25
4) 36 in the last 50 (starting late August).

It would be interesting to know if results are reliably enhanced for people who enter trades earlier, with the same stops as I am of the opinion that is an important variable to consider.

I don't remember if I announced it or not but I made a small change in the settings of the Extended version. I am now trading with a Break Even of 20.

I had several people ask me about the change so I thought I'd post it here. It's actually a personal preference at the moment. If you do back - tests and find that you like to not use it, that's fine. Either way, I'm sure you will get good results. I'm just playing it less risky by using the BE. I hate to see a trade go to 27 and then reverse for a loss.

Anyway, that's just me. ;)

Had a power outage here thanks to storms so I missed the trades. Looks like FMT would have been a loss and Extended would have been a win. I have extended set to take 25 pips. So last night wuld have been -15 pips.

Yes, the extended version begins 30 minutes before FMT.

Today, it's a good thing because Extended was a win :clap: and FMT was a loss. :(

Results here.

Hey man, there's something wrong with your results.
Today on my demo account i had a loss of 43 pips with FMT and a gain of 18 pips with your extended not of 34pips like you show in your results.
I've seen that you closed the position +18 but now I see it's +34. Can you explain me why?

I don't remember if I announced it or not but I made a small change in the settings of the Extended version. I am now trading with a Break Even of 20.

I had several people ask me about the change so I thought I'd post it here. It's actually a personal preference at the moment. If you do back - tests and find that you like to not use it, that's fine. Either way, I'm sure you will get good results. I'm just playing it less risky by using the BE. I hate to see a trade go to 27 and then reverse for a loss.

Anyway, that's just me. ;)

Hi tk,

I'm intersted by your strategy. Can I ask you some questions ? May be by email, just in order not to disturb this thread..
my email : [email protected]
Thanks a lot

Hey man, there's something wrong with your results.
Today on my demo account i had a loss of 43 pips with FMT and a gain of 18 pips with your extended not of 34pips like you show in your results.
I've seen that you closed the position +18 but now I see it's +34. Can you explain me why?

Hmmm, not sure what you are referring to. Extended began 30 mins before FMT and took a sell. As you can see the market dove down for a nice 33 or 34 pips.
The only thing I can think of is when the market went to 20 pips, my EA moves the SL to BE and Zulutrade interpreted it to be a stop trade and closed it out.

Did anyone else get around 20 pip profit instead of 33ish? Note that depending on broker, and slippage, things can be off by a couple of pips or so. I see Nite Rider says TP of 34 but I have it set to 33 so probably couldn't get out fast enough when the market was moving fast.

Hmmm, not sure what you are referring to. Extended began 30 mins before FMT and took a sell. As you can see the market dove down for a nice 33 or 34 pips.
The only thing I can think of is when the market went to 20 pips, my EA moves the SL to BE and Zulutrade interpreted it to be a stop trade and closed it out.

Did anyone else get around 20 pip profit instead of 33ish? Note that depending on broker, and slippage, things can be off by a couple of pips or so. I see Nite Rider says TP of 34 but I have it set to 33 so probably couldn't get out fast enough when the market was moving fast.

I don't know but my zulu account closed at +18 :|

I don't know but my zulu account closed at +18 :|

I do not see how that could have happen , at 1:15 AM EST , the price on the Extend Version entered at 1.5935 and drop to 1.5902( Bid) and those who use FXDD the Ask would have been at 1.5906 about 29 pips in profit ,

Then you get a small bounce to 1.5920 (Bid). That drop with 29 pips in profit would have moved the Stop to B/E at 1.5935 your entry price, you still should have been in the trade since the bounce did not reach your entry of 1.5935 were your B/E stop was at.

Then it turned around and re-dropped to 1.5891 (Bid) FXDD Ask price 1.5896, which would have had you hit the Take profit of 35 pips.

Then it turned around and stopped out the regular FMT entry at 1.5905 when it ran back up and hit the 40 pip stop

So if you look at your chart Zulu worked correct on TB trade. Because in order to be taken out the price would have had to bounce to 1.5935 which it never did, until it reached the low of 1.5891 and bounce taking all regular FMT trades out.

Ok, the time has now arrived that everyone has been looking forward to.

I have opened a web site dedicated to FMT Extended version as well as all information about ZuluTrade, how to get started, etc.
There is a bunch of information so take your time. I have tried to make is as educational and informational as possible. I will contently update it to fit our members needs as well as links to our Live Trades.

You can find it HERE.

Hope to see you there
. :clap:

I've got 5 net wins for the FMT unaltered version on SLSB MT4 month to date after today's loss - pretty good for a complete set and forget. Overall I will be happy with 2-3 net wins per month - this system obviously has a market edge. It is very tempting to tweak and try and judge it trade by trade - but this leaves you out on a limb not knowing how it will trade compared to the original version. For peace of mind and steady profits this is one of the best systems to leave as a pure set and forget using an EA.

Agreed in principle. You will note that I explained the reason in post 3393 before the trade was due to initialise.

My EA will start 2 hrs before London open and "sweep" the indicators so that if they are not lined up at first, they can within the open time-frame. That is the difference. Also, there are no boundaries on the indicators like FMT. As long as indicator A and B are above X, it takes a buy or below X it takes a sell.
This will only open 1 trade during this open period so no worries on double trades opposite of each other.
Yes, if you have two running, just divide your risk by two.
That is what you will see on my live history.

Hope that helps. ;)

OK, my turn to ask for a copy of your EA. And thanks, tk, for being so helpful.

A profitable system, like FMT needs one important skill on the operators end and that is very simple discipline.

Many studies and long years of experience show two things:

1.As soon as a system methodology works well there will be smart cookies around trying to alter the system using it on different instruments and expanding/adding trade times.
FMT works profitable on 1 pair at 1 time over a long period(not necessarily with current settings at same profit level)

Never change a winning system

2.Trying to cherry pick trades aka "today does not look promising". I guarantee, that we will find another good reason not to take tmr`s trade, if it bounces, even one before the trade.

A good system takes discipline, specially during difficult times(not yet seen, but wait until the system has 5 losers in a row)

I agree, that a savy trader could have noted today 2 things:

entry at support

entry very close to yesterday`s low, which got retested and price reversed

My trading plan is easy:

Take all trades, avoid holidays and the Xmas and NY break.(10 dec-10 jan)

MHK