ForexMorningTrade System

Hey ihelfman how did you installed MT4 with crossover for me it is only working with build 218 ?

It has worked with the current MT4 from Alpari, Forex.com, and FXCM. But it didn't work out of the box. Instead, it gave me a missing .dll error.

To get it to work, I had to install a .dll in windows/system/32. From checking that folder, I I believe it was mfc42.dll.

Unfortunately, a backup of my external usb hard drive wiped out up my transfer files, so I'm guessing after looking at the folder. If your Crossover is missing mfc42.dll, that's it.

If not, you'll might get an error that will tell you which .dlls you need.

MT4 is much more stable on Crossover than XP Pro. But I can't get the clock to work. Forex Morning Trade sets up quickly and runs faster than on my XP. But I was afraid to trade live with it because I had to reconfigure the begin time, which made me fear that there was a learning curve that I didn't want to deal with during a live trade.

Let me know if this works. If it doesn't, you could send me a list of your installed .dlls and I could try to figure you what you're missing. I'll be around most of the weekend if you need help.

My 40 pip trailing stop is moving pip by pip, now at 693

Blue,

You are right about the EA moving pip by pip. I check the journal on my MT4 platform and seen it got adjusted one pip at a time. I woke last night 1:30 EST time and seen the EA took a sell trade. The market quickly drop about 12pips and my original SL of 40pips was getting modify pip by pip. Shortly my SL instead of 40pips was now 29pips SL.

What I am not understanding is why is the SL being adjusted pip by pip when we have NOT reach our target profit of 40pips yet. The setting I have is: ProfitTargetPips=80, StopLossPips=40, BreakEvenAtPipsProfit=24, TrailingStopPips=40.
From my understanding, once we reach 40pip positive gain, then the TSL suppose to kick in and move pip by pip above the 40pips target that have been breach. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway, I readjusted the SL back to 40pips just to see what happen and later seen it got readjusted by the EA again. Of course everyone that had the EA to move SL to BE all gotten stopped out at BE today.

bye

Mark's journal lists this morning's entry at 1.5650, 19 pips lower than mine. How probable was that?
Instead of publishing a journal, it would be more credible for him to publish his Alpari-UK statement.

23th September – SHORT
Entry: 1.5650
PT: 1.5610
P/L: + 40 pips

Good Morning All,

I checked the modification date on my EA and it's 9/20. I had contacted Mark a few days ago and he said he made some changes to the last EA and I should go to the download page and get the latest version ( i don't think he's labeling each change). I too had a a sell trade today that ended in BE (I have the BE set to 24 but do not use the TS).

Bonjour,

On the Sell order of September 23, the EA place a live trade on 2 different brokers like that:
Sell 0.7 gbpusd, Price 1.56519, S/L 1.56519, T/P 1.56118, Time 2010.09.23 05:22, Price 1.56519, comment: FMT

When I look at the graph, the move is like that: Up 34 pips, Dn 17, Up 25 and finally Dn 40.
The Ea exit at the Entry price and I loss a profit of 40 pips.
Today, on sept 24, the same scenario. The Ea exit at entry price following a sell trade: UP 14 pips, Dn 27 and finally Up 124. This time, I avoid a loss of 40 pips. But I don't understand why.
My setting are: S/L 40, TP 40, BEAPP 24, Ts 0.

I am having a problem with the EA not taking any of the trades since the updates were made. Sun. I loaded it on my VPS live account and it did not take any of the trades this week. I wonder if we can load and use the original EA, will it still work? The original one was doing fine... What happened to "IF it ain't broke don't fix it."

I am having a problem with the EA not taking any of the trades since the updates were made. Sun. I loaded it on my VPS live account and it did not take any of the trades this week. I wonder if we can load and use the original EA, will it still work? The original one was doing fine... What happened to "IF it ain't broke don't fix it."

how or where do you check to see what version you may have on the EA????/

I don't know I just went to the members area and downloaded the latest file there and when I hold my cursor over the file it shows the date that "I" updated it not what version it is.

Oh no another bad day at the office,never mind,now can any one do back test,i can only do manually and after testing FMT for 3yrs i cant be bothered to run an other test,now what i noticed was on the 30min bar momentum and cci were mixed as if a no trade,can someone run a backtest on 30min chart see what results are,could of saved us money yesterday and today,but it might mean nothing,
cheers

For those using the original TP=40, SL=40, how did the week end up?

1 win(22nd sept) and 2 losses(23rd sept and 24th sept) for me. I do not use the latest version with the breakeven option because I am not trading on a MT4 platform. I would appreciate anyone can advise if it is possible to set the breakeven on Oanda platform.

Mark's journal lists this morning's entry at 1.5650, 19 pips lower than mine. How probable was that?
Instead of publishing a journal, it would be more credible for him to publish his Alpari-UK statement.

23th September – SHORT
PT: 1.5610
P/L: + 40 pips

uh that was yesterday, Today is sept 24th, his result was not posted yet :p

Bonjour,

On the Sell order of September 23, the EA place a live trade on 2 different brokers like that:
Sell 0.7 gbpusd, Price 1.56519, S/L 1.56519, T/P 1.56118, Time 2010.09.23 05:22, Price 1.56519, comment: FMT

When I look at the graph, the move is like that: Up 34 pips, Dn 17, Up 25 and finally Dn 40.
The Ea exit at the Entry price and I loss a profit of 40 pips.
Today, on sept 24, the same scenario. The Ea exit at entry price following a sell trade: UP 14 pips, Dn 27 and finally Up 124. This time, I avoid a loss of 40 pips. But I don't understand why.
My setting are: S/L 40, TP 40, BEAPP 24, Ts 0.

Hi,

On Sept 23 it looks like your move to BE was hit when price dropped because your TP was not hit, even though it looks like 40p. The price only bounced down to1.5610, but you have to consider the spread, so the close price only went down to 1.5614, or + whatever spread you get, therefore it went back up and closed at BE. This happened to most people and Mark called it a win on hi stats.

Today when the price went down by 27, your move to BE was hit, as you have it set at 24, so when 24 pips in profit your SL is moved to entry price.

It looks like the EA worked correctly for you.

1 win(22nd sept) and 2 losses(23rd sept and 24th sept) for me. I do not use the latest version with the breakeven option because I am not trading on a MT4 platform. I would appreciate anyone can advise if it is possible to set the breakeven on Oanda platform.

Does Oanda have a trailing stop option? If so you could set trailing stop to +24. Your results will be different, but it will reduce your drawdown and give you a few small wins as well as smaller losses.

I don't know I just went to the members area and downloaded the latest file there and when I hold my cursor over the file it shows the date that "I" updated it not what version it is.

When you download it and replace the file it should say the date that it was revised. The last revision I downloaded this am and it was from Sept 20.

uh that was yesterday, Today is sept 24th, his result was not posted yet :p

Mark has posted results for yesterday and today, changing yesterday from a win to a loss.

23th September – SHORT
SL: 1.5690
P/L: - 40 pips

24th September – SHORT
Entry: 1.5669
SL: 1.5709

I am glad you corrected me, because Mark got the same fill I did. I am even gladder that Mark is keeping an accurate journal.

mine didn't make a trade yesterday tho that's another problem i am having wont trade when it all lines up on some days

I suggest removing the FMT indicator from the chart and just have the EA on it. Also if you have the indicator set on a bunch of charts remove it. Not the cci and mom, just the fmt Ind. It uses up lots of space and could slow your platform and miss the trade if it moves fast.

Mark has posted results for yesterday and today, changing yesterday from a win to a loss.

23th September – SHORT
SL: 1.5690

24th September – SHORT
Entry: 1.5669
SL: 1.5709

I am glad you corrected me, because Mark got the same fill I did. I am even gladder that Mark is keeping an accurate journal.

OK that's cool so those who used the BE got out without the losses. I am reminded we had a good run of winners and these losses are normal for this EA.

For the trade last night (24th), if you manually trade, you could potentially short at 4:00 GMT when both indicators agreed. I often find better entry opportunities earlier than 4:30 GMT. If you did, you could have gained 40 pips. I know I am messing with the system.

Hi. On the 24th I had one trade on IBFX and ended at breakeven. My trade on forex.com lost 9 pips. I noticed on IBFX the profit at one point was 29 pip and on forex.com 28 pips. Is the BE of 24 pips after the spread? For example if the spread was five pips for both brokers then the reason why forex.com did not stop loss at breakeven is because 28 pips - 5 pips is 23 pips, therefore the BE 24 was not hit and the TSL of 40 took control. Does this sound correct? Thanks. Jeff