ForexMorningTrade System

I am very sorry to hear this. At what level did you enter?
It is very strange that very often it goes all its way (or almost all its way) then suddenly retraces and takes back all the gain :-0

thanks for your concern Fabius!
I wrote it badly - it was in answer to someone else asking if I'd changed my target and I said "no - 40 pips", but I should have said "no, 40 pips" !!!

Once again for no reason the EA didn't take the trade. Funny, because I had everything set up and decided to not watch it last night, went to bed 15 minutes before it was to initial the trade. If I stayed up I could have manually taken the trade and I'd be 40 pips richer (and probably 40 pips more tired). I'll take the richer over the tired anytime.

how frustrating! Have you tried running it on a demo account?
If you run it on a demo of the same broker plus a demo of a different broker, it may help you find out where the problem is...

Never took today's trade -
Market had moved up over 90 pips before getting the signal. Friday today. Chances were better that we'd get a retrace rather than move another 40 pips up.
Just not worth risking $400 on such a low probability trade... And even though it turned out profitable for everyone - if I see this scenario on Monday - I'll skip it again... and again... and again.

I find it hard to believe that a pair that averages around 120 pips per day would continue to climb after it's already moved 90 pips up without a retrace...

Regards
Dean - SA

Market had moved up over 90 pips before getting the signal. Friday today. Chances were better that we'd get a retrace rather than move another 40 pips up.
Just not worth risking $400 on such a low probability trade... And even though it turned out profitable for everyone - if I see this scenario on Monday - I'll skip it again... and again... and again.

I find it hard to believe that a pair that averages around 120 pips per day would continue to climb after it's already moved 90 pips up without a retrace...

Regards
Dean - SA

Well, that's why it's called break-out ! ..:-0

Friday with FMT:

GbpUsd, buy triggered, +40 pips TP (live)
GbpJpy, buy triggered, +40 pips TP (live)
EurUsd, London, buy triggered, BE (demo)
EurUsd, NY, sell signal, +30 pips TP (demo)

cheers !

Regards
Dean - SA

Well, I decided not to enter on Gold (with an option on the etf) some days ago because it was on its highs.

Guess what? It kept on climbing highs after highs and I am here to watch it fly... :eek:

Regards
Dean - SA

Dean, you may be over analysing a set and forget system. If it works over time you will get results. If you pick and choose, then you are not using the (hopefully) profitable system, so your results will be skewed (technical term :)). Best of luck anyway.

hi all first post here got a question tho i have the fmt set up on alpari uk charts it should be set for 7:30 then or 1:30 since i live on the east coast usa sorry probably dumb but just making sure thanks

hi all first post here got a question tho i have the fmt set up on alpari uk charts it should be set for 7:30 then or 1:30 since i live on the east coast usa sorry probably dumb but just making sure thanks

07:30 start time, 09:30 ending time. Hope this helps.

welcome ttmax !..(y)

7:30 sounds right for Alpari (5:30 GMT +2 Alpari offset = 7:30)
It doesn't matter where you live, just matters what your broker market watch time is.

no question is dumb ! just dumb not to ask questions ...(y)

good luck ! ,, you will like this EA..:clap:

Well done everybody!
I'm looking forward to starting on Monday.

I have also noticed some fellow "Black Dogs" here...thats definitely a boost of confidence!
Have a great weekend all
Regards,
Paul.

Black Dog is another trading system.
It has great trading community going where everybody helps each other, and there is a great sense of camaraderie.

I wont say much about it here because its off topic.

Suffice to say that if i see that some of the members are using this system, then it shows me that its worth having a crack at it.
Regards,
Paul.

I'd like to know more about Black Dog please. I know this isn't the place but would you mind posting a link where I could here more about it please.

I Think I remember Jeff Wilde speaking very highly of it...

Thanks
Dean

Dean, you may be over analysing a set and forget system. If it works over time you will get results. If you pick and choose, then you are not using the (hopefully) profitable system, so your results will be skewed (technical term :)). Best of luck anyway.

HI T -

I agree with you in that fiddling too much with the system will filter out a lot of the winners too. The system is great and the beauty of it is in the simplicity and the 1 to 1 risk reward...

However I can't simply ignore the basic rules of trading fx like major support, resistence and trend lines. Trading ranges are very important to me, and I would be a fool to ignore a 90 pip move before the London open. I just feel the probability is significantly lower than if the Asian range was say 40 pips... As it happened the price moved a further 50 pips before retracing, so the trade would've been profitable and my fears were unfounded...

With all that said - I do agree that this is a set a forget strategy that profits in the long run if you don't interfere too much.

Regards
Dean