ForexMorningTrade System

Hi lumbco and Hammy,
I thought I had this trade time thing worked out last year but now I'm confused again after visiting this site for the first time. From above it looks like you both are trading at different times:
lumbco
14:00 London = 13:00 GMT
15:30 London = 14:30 GMT

Hammy
7:00 NYC = 11:00 GMT
8:30 NYC = 12:30 GMT
13:00 NYC = 17:00 GMT

I'm sorry to be such a dunce but could you please explain?
Thanks
Sorry for the delay in replying to you, I have been away on a break for a few days.

The confusion is due to the difference between NY time, UK time and the broker time.

The UK is currently GMT + 1 and my broker (Alpari UK) is GMT + 3, thus a difference of 2 hours. Therefore, my reported results for 14:00 equate to 07:00 NY time.

To put it another way 07:00 NY + 5 hours time zone difference (US-UK) + 2 hours broker time = 14:00 reported time

Welcome to the time zone nightmare.

Sorry for the delay in replying to you, I have been away on a break for a few days.

The confusion is due to the difference between NY time, UK time and the broker time.

The UK is currently GMT + 1 and my broker (Alpari UK) is GMT + 3, thus a difference of 2 hours. Therefore, my reported results for 14:00 equate to 07:00 NY time.

To put it another way 07:00 NY + 5 hours time zone difference (US-UK) + 2 hours broker time = 14:00 reported time

Welcome to the time zone nightmare.

yes, if your broker is GMT+3 then 7:00 NY = 14:00 broker time (on FMT)

simply 7:00 +4 GMT +3 broker offset = 14:00

FMT for me last week:

7:00 NY (11:00 GMT) SL=30, TP=25, BE=18, BE+ =5

2 TP, 1 SL, 1 BE, 1NT = +25 pips

cheers !

hammy66 great to see you are still fighting the good fight of faith with FMT, I've been delving in other instruments but felt ready to dive in to FMT again, thanks for keeping us informed.

Hi hammy66,

what is the update of the FMT setting. would you pleas guide me regarding this issue.

Thanks in advance

Hi hammy66,

what is the update of the FMT setting. would you pleas guide me regarding this issue.

Thanks in advance

did you read my last post ?

7:00 NY (11:00 GMT) SL=30, TP=25, BE=18, BE+ =5

I am not posting my daily results because of lack of interest here, but I will post any change in settings.

cheers !

Hi hammy,
I'm sure there is some "silent" interest, me being one. Do you post somewhere else more frequently?
cheers!

Hi hammy,
I'm sure there is some "silent" interest, me being one. Do you post somewhere else more frequently?
cheers!

No I don't anymore, most old FMT traders have given up on this EA, so the interest is not there.

Hammy, additional question: Any (motivating) updates on your results?

Thanks

If you are using my settings, then you have the results ?

August was not bad, it created 150 pips for me with these settings.
September so far is not good , I have -30 pips so far this month, make that -60 pips I just noticed that today hit SL ..:eek:

I am also testing 6:30 NY start time with 40-40-20-10 settings and it is a few pips in profit this month, so I might go live next month with these settings ?

cheers !

Update:
September finished -25 pips for me this month.
I will stick with my settings for October.

cheers !.. :)

Update:
September finished -25 pips for me this month.
I will stick with my settings for October.

cheers !.. :)

I was going to give up, but like you I will continue the pain for a further month.

I am on a live account with very small trades.

Actually, trading at 7:00 NY (11:00 GMT) but now with 30-30-20-10 settings:
last week had 4 TPs, 1 BE for 130 pips ! :)
so, a great start for October.

cheers !

Actually, trading at 7:00 NY (11:00 GMT) but now with 30-30-20-10 settings:
last week had 4 TPs, 1 BE for 130 pips ! :)
so, a great start for October.

cheers !

Hammy, kudos to your resilience & persistence, just what I need to get back in the game, thanks man.

By the way, there are indeed silent followers in the background, wishing they've never opted out back then:cheesy:

folks, there are 2 other start times I've been testing and I am now trading live because they are productive.

6:00 NY and 6:30 NY are doing as well as 7:00 NY (11:00 GMT.)
I'm trading all 3 now with fixed lots and same settings: 30-30-20-10
(remember you need to have different magic numbers if trading more than one chart)

good luck !

folks, there are 2 other start times I've been testing and I am now trading live because they are productive.

6:00 NY and 6:30 NY are doing as well as 7:00 NY (11:00 GMT.)
I'm trading all 3 now with fixed lots and same settings: 30-30-20-10
(remember you need to have different magic numbers if trading more than one chart)

good luck !

Thank you for all your hard work and especially for taking the trouble to share the information with the trading community.

I will use your new set up from Monday, and knowing how reliable your guidance is I will go live but with small lots at first.