ForexMorningTrade System

I'm happy that I made this purchase recently, even if it doesn't make me money (Which I think it will in time) it is an excellent example to me of how to get EA's working. I too have given Hammey's settings a try and have been seeing good results - the big price breaks do seem to work well with his times.

My only problem is that my MT4 is not placing trades using the 2nd and 3rd charts :( it made a 24 pip profit today on the 8am London trade, I closed it manually as I was not convinced that it would push higher and I couldn't resist it. The 6pm London and 845am NY EAs just don't seem to place trades though... allow live trading is enabled and I have smiley faces : \ any ideas? The only difference between the EA that trades and the 2 that don't is the trading time...

yes, you have to change the "magic number" for each FMT EA on each chart, you can just change the last digit of MN on each so none of your charts have the same MN.

Also, I do not recommend the 8am London time anymore.
I only trade FMT at 8:45 NY. on GU pair and 18:00 London on EU pair.

good luck !

Thank you Hammy, appreciate it.

And thanks Mark for the system, it's been easing me into FX trading.

yes, you have to change the "magic number" for each FMT EA on each chart, you can just change the last digit of MN on each so none of your charts have the same MN.
Also, I do not recommend the 8am London time anymore.
I only trade FMT at 8:45 NY. on GU pair and 18:00 London on EU pair.

hammy66 fmt take trades ( your settings ) in start of us session ?

The World Clock – Time Zone Converter – results

At the specified time, local time in Port Louis is 9 hours ahead of New York
Location Local time Time zone UTC offset
New York (U.S.A. - New York) Friday, November 25, 2011 at 8:45:00 AM EST UTC-5 hours

this is my broker HF location and my mt4 time :

Port Louis (Mauritius) Friday, November 25, 2011 at 5:45:00 PM MUT UTC+4 hours

so it will take trades in uk time :

Corresponding UTC (GMT) Friday, November 25, 2011 at 13:45:00

should I be setting fmt trading time hour 17 minute 45 ? to trade at the same as you

thank you :)

Last edited:
hammy66 fmt take trades ( your settings ) in start of us session ?

The World Clock – Time Zone Converter – results

At the specified time, local time in Port Louis is 9 hours ahead of New York
Location Local time Time zone UTC offset
New York (U.S.A. - New York) Friday, November 25, 2011 at 8:45:00 AM EST UTC-5 hours

this is my broker HF location and my mt4 time :

Port Louis (Mauritius) Friday, November 25, 2011 at 5:45:00 PM MUT UTC+4 hours

so it will take trades in uk time :

Corresponding UTC (GMT) Friday, November 25, 2011 at 13:45:00

should I be setting fmt trading time hour 17 minute 45 ? to trade at the same as you

thank you :)

turboonostrilvision,

to trade forex you need to know what GMT is and the relationship to your broker "market watch" time. Forget your own local time or where you live, it doesn't matter !

you must compare your broker market watch time to GMT, this will be your GMT 'offset'.

I don't know what broker you have, so I don't know your GMT offset.

If you want to trade at 8:45 NY. time, this is same as 13:45 GMT. (5 hr. difference)
Now adjust to your broker GMT offset, you need to know this !
If your broker has GMT +3 offset, then 8:45 NY = 13:45 GMT = 16:45 (GMT+3)market watch time for your broker, so set FMT to 16 hour, 45 minutes.

But first you need to know your broker GMT offset, this is basic forex ! You can't trade with EAs without learning this first.

good luck !

As this is an open forum, why are the settings being shown for this system?
Not that many are actually trading FMT or using the exact settings. I am using a mixture of settings and lots of discretion.

As this is an open forum, why are the settings being shown for this system?
Not that many are actually trading FMT or using the exact settings. I am using a mixture of settings and lots of discretion.

The entry time, SL and TP are unimportant without the indicators used. Most posters avoid any reference to the actual indicators.

yes, it might as well be ..:confused:

BTW: I only trade FMT at start time 8:45 NY on GU anymore.
my settings have not changed, SL=35, TP=25, BE=15.

good luck !..:D

I have got it set now :)
thanks for your help
it is trading cable and eur on the same mt4 platform
last couple days I had : few no trade signal, few wins , few loses ,

will keep it with your settings hammy , will it trade for you through Dec ?

Best Regards :)

Last edited:
I have got it set now :)
thanks for your help
it is trading cable and eur on the same mt4 platform
last couple days I had : few no trade signal, few wins , few loses ,

will keep it with your settings hammy , will it trade for you through Dec ?

Best Regards :)

I would recommend NOT trading after this week.(Dec.9)
Then you can start again about January 9th.

cheers !

Folks, 8:30 NY on GU is now showing to be a little better than 8:45 NY, so I will be going with this for now on and in the New Year. This start time will get results as good as the original FMT when first launched, which was pretty awesome, for those who remember ?

cheers !

Folks, 8:30 NY on GU is now showing to be a little better than 8:45 NY, so I will be going with this for now on and in the New Year. This start time will get results as good as the original FMT when first launched, which was pretty awesome, for those who remember ?

cheers !

Yes Hammy I do remember and thankyou again..:) There are some of us veterns that still do trade this system especially with your settings..:smart:

Hi Hammy,
Haven't posted on here before but have been following your posts with interest.
Started doing 8.45 NY from monday and today (thurs) changed it to 8.30
Monday +25
Tues BE
Wed +25
Thurs +25
was a real quick profit today 5 or 6 minutes, Great stuff !! :)

Hi Hammy,
Haven't posted on here before but have been following your posts with interest.
Started doing 8.45 NY from monday and today (thurs) changed it to 8.30
Monday +25
Tues BE
Wed +25
Thurs +25
was a real quick profit today 5 or 6 minutes, Great stuff !! :)

Hi luk,
yes, it was a good thing we switched to 8:30 today, or it would have been a loss.
I believe you will find this new time better for awhile.
Remember not to trade live past mid December, history says it's not good.

cheers !(y)

Hi luk,
yes, it was a good thing we switched to 8:30 today, or it would have been a loss.
I believe you will find this new time better for awhile.
Remember not to trade live past mid December, history says it's not good.

cheers !(y)

Hammy; do find that the optimum time has always been 0830 to 0845 in your forward testing? I know that you don't do back testing. Great settings and yes, nice to see a another win!:cheesy:

Hammy; do find that the optimum time has always been 0830 to 0845 in your forward testing? I know that you don't do back testing. Great settings and yes, nice to see a another win!:cheesy:

Hi joke,

8:45 was the best time up until about a month ago, then it was a toss-up, but in the past 2 weeks 8:30 has been a little better, so I made the switch until I find something better ? This should work great for awhile !

good luck !..:cheesy:

Hi joke,

8:45 was the best time up until about a month ago, then it was a toss-up, but in the past 2 weeks 8:30 has been a little better, so I made the switch until I find something better ? This should work great for awhile !

good luck !..:cheesy:

Hi Hammy,
Got a "no trade signal" today at 8.30 NY. Would that have been the "long candle filter" ?
Had a 50+ pip candle at 6.00 NY.

Cheers

Hi Hammy,
Got a "no trade signal" today at 8.30 NY. Would that have been the "long candle filter" ?

Cheers

Yes that is correct; I also had a no trade..The long candle filter kicked in!!:D Will stop trading this system till Jan. 9th..Merry Christmas everyone..See you in the New Year!! With Hammy's settings, it should be a good one!:clap:

Yes that is correct; I also had a no trade..The long candle filter kicked in!!:D Will stop trading this system till Jan. 9th..Merry Christmas everyone..See you in the New Year!! With Hammy's settings, it should be a good one!:clap:

Hi joke,
Well thanks for that, looks like it done us a favour as it plummeted pretty fast and would have been a loser as the indicators were showing a 'long'

Merry Christmas

Hi Hammy,

Cheers

yes, long candle filter = no trade, saved us today..:D

so a good week 3 TP, 1 BE, 1 NT = +75 pips using 35-25-15 settings on GU at 8:30 NY. time, 13:30 GMT.

joke, I think you got it right stopping now for the holidays..;)

some may want to trade 1 more week, but that should be it..IMO..:cool:
There will be plenty of trading days next year when the market gets up to speed again.

Merry Christmas ! and Happy New Year !!..:cheesy::D(y)