ForexMorningTrade System

I am going to setup my own optimisation backtest and put my findings on a forward test, which I'll share on myfxbook.
what does this mean? you are going to optimise your back tests until you see results you like, and assume a linear relationship between your back tests and live trading.....

good luck..

what does this mean? you are going to optimise your back tests until you see results you like, and assume a linear relationship between your back tests and live trading.....

good luck..

I think what he means is that by running multiple iterations of the EA in backtest, he would like to identify the parameter preset that emerges as the most profitable - this DOESN'T necessarily mean that there is a linear relationship between BT and Live trading... Once you identify the optimum settings, you can then choose to perform Forward test/live trading with this set - that's all. I don't think that he's 'claiming' that there is a relationship whatsoever between the two. Obviously, we all know that past performance is not indicative of future results... :D

615 - NT
630 - Short (very marginal) - TP +38

FMT Account £979 (-2.1%)

This week: NT W L L W - Break even for the week, not quite as good as last week!

Hey All, thought i'd drop back in and see how FMT is doing as i turned it off live 6 weeks ago.

I'm using Andy B as my benchmark and seems he's still in the negative, so i'm staying out till things pick up.. planned to stay out of August anyways.

So on that note, COME ON ANDY!!

The reason I backtest EA's is because in this industry there is no way to determine what standards the EA programmer has followed on his backtests.

Do you have any links to the backtests because I've looked and I can't find any?

We all have a rough understanding of the market dynamics of this strategy, so leaving out january would not be considered curve fitting as one wouldn't trade FMT in Jan anyway. The goal is not to produce an amazing backtest, instead it is to tune the EA into the current market using optimisation.

With regards to spread, you can set your spread to a fixed amount.

I am going to setup my own optimisation backtest and put my findings on a forward test, which I'll share on myfxbook.

If you click on the paperclip in the upper right, near the page numbers, you will see everything that anyone has attached to their posts in this forum. I liked the opts ran by DesertEagle with Hammy (I think)--(sounds like an entree!) I am using the 38,38,27,5....I just looked at Marc F's trade journal...looks like he came out of July with plus 50-60 pips...

Stats for 07-29-2011

Live Accounts:

FMT 4.3, 6:15 UK Time, EA standard settings: 45 SL, 25 BE, +5 BE, 35 TP
FXSolutions..., Stats since 11-08-2010:
http://www.myfxbook.com/members/RedGuerrilla/forex-morning-trade-redguerrilla-real/116521
IBFX.........., Stats since 01-04-2011:
http://www.myfxbook.com/members/RedGuerrilla/forex-morning-trade-eagle41-real/120723

Demo Accounts:

FMT 4.3, 6:15 UK Time, EA standard settings: 45 SL, 25 BE, +5 BE, 35 TP
PFG Best......, Stats since 02-01-2011
FXCM.........., Stats since 07-12-2011
Alpari(US)...., Stats since 02-01-2011
FXDD.........., Stats since 07-12-2011
MB Trading...., Stats since 06-21-2011

Comments:

Mark Fric now has a whole year of forward testing.
Total Pips = +603.5

After analyzing one year of forward testing data, for my live accounts,
I have decided to not trade Bank Holidays for USD and GBP, and the last two weeks of December and the first two weeks of January.

Had Mark not traded the Bank Holidays from August 2, 2010 to July 29, 2011, he would have avoid losing +353.4 pips.

I will continue to trade all days for the demo accounts.

August 2011 dates for no live trading:
GBP Bank Holiday - Aug 29

I will be posting my results once a week on this forum,
except my live trading results which are updated automatically on myfxbook.com

Attachments

• 2011julyDemoLiveTrades.jpg
    2011julyDemoLiveTrades.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 159
  • NumberOfTradesPerMonth.jpg
    NumberOfTradesPerMonth.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 139
  • DaysNotToTrade.jpg
    DaysNotToTrade.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
hi red:

Thanks for your monumental efforts and the willingness to share. Keep up the good work.

We are all grateful.

Kgk

-45 pips SL

alpari NZ, default settings

To quote Larry Williams:

Just when you think you've found the keys to the castle someone goes and changes the lock....

Why don't you guys just come up with your own (individual) strategy rather than rely on someone else?