ForexMorningTrade System

Those who did not set Break Even probably had a lucky trade if the others suffered retracement to the 06.30 starting price today.

Year to date performance is fairy excellent, but the rolling 6 months isn't so good because it got dragged down by Christmas (I keep records of every day with signals even where some might have decided to close and stay away).

The Year To Date
DesertEagle +512, FMT +465 Old FMT without BE + 520, 10/40 +390

Old FMT set just wins over DesertEagle (43/65/be@20)

Last 100 trades (almost exactly 6 months)
DesertEagle +378, FMT +350, Old FMT +560, 10/40 +650

conservative set of 10/40 won because of the losses others met over late December

Last 200 trades
DesertEagle +1706, FMT +1775, Old FMT +1920, 10/40 +1300

At the moment the original FMT recommendations 40/40 without BE have edged ahead in the measure of 200 trades which have arisen since 1/4/2010 E&OE

OUT at BE

After break even it was like +38 pips(42 pips - 4 pips spread) in our direction :(

Last edited:
Hi Rob

Feedback from our PM's yesterday
SLM seems to be trading perfect this morning now that I changed the Maximumlots to 2, trading at 1.7 this morning instead of 0.5 :D
Morning Podberry & Remraf

Hmm?

What’s going on here then? (40SL 35TP BE20+5)

My SLM DEMO had a balance of £10,177.56. I set risk at 14% to get a large lot size and calculated this lot size should be 3.56. SLM will use 3.6 lots.

I set:

Lots: 0.05 (This has no effect with MM on)
MM: true
Lots Decimals: 2.0 (I believe they are min £0.10 & 1 Lot - £1/tick) so 1dp only will be used.
Risk: 14
Maximum Lots: 8

According to my calculations this should trade 3.6 lots at.

In reality it traded 8 lots at £8 per pip and profited £40 when it close at BE+5.

Something is not right. It still seems to only trade by the figure in Max Lots.

Any advice…?

I hope I haven’t made an obvious blunder, I’m typing and thinking as I get ready for work!

Those who did not set Break Even probably had a lucky trade if the others suffered retracement to the 06.30 starting price today.

Year to date performance is fairy excellent, but the rolling 6 months isn't so good because it got dragged down by Christmas (I keep records of every day with signals even where some might have decided to close and stay away).

The Year To Date

conservative set of 10/40 won because of the losses others met over late December

Last 200 trades

At the moment the original FMT recommendations 40/40 without BE have edged ahead in the measure of 200 trades which have arisen since 1/4/2010 E&OE

TP hit +40 pips.

I hope to recover from drawndown soon and then change to new recommended settings with BE+5.

Hmm?

My SLM DEMO had a balance of £10,177.56. I set risk at 14% to get a large lot size and calculated this lot size should be 3.56. SLM will use 3.6 lots.

I set:

Lots Decimals: 2.0 (I believe they are min £0.10 & 1 Lot - £1/tick) so 1dp only will be used.

In reality it traded 8 lots at £8 per pip and profited £40 when it close at BE+5.

Any advice…?

I hope I haven’t made an obvious blunder, I’m typing and thinking as I get ready for work!

You would need to set it at 35.6 to trade at 14% of £10 177 otherwise, yes it will trade at your max lot level.

The Year To Date

Last 200 trades

Thank you for the stats. I've learned a lot through your analysis.

It is important for everyone to remember that pip value is diminished through greater SL settings and periods when the balance is recovering from drawdown, Ceteris paribus, as well as the fact that a smoother equity curve is better for compounded growth and nerves!

I stick rigidly to the rules and trade standard, current settings.

Oh, I am having a flirt with 10/40 on very high-risk with some play money. The stats looked too good... I couldn't resist....... Well, nobody's perfect!

It is important for everyone to remember that pip value is diminished through greater SL settings and periods when the balance is recovering from drawdown, Ceteris paribus, as well as the fact that a smoother equity curve is better for compounded growth and nerves!

Oh, I am having a flirt with 10/40 on very high-risk with some play money. The stats looked too good... I couldn't resist....... Well, nobody's perfect!

Hi Rob,
Yes I am with yyou 100% on this, standard settings plus the bit of naughty flirting..

Big thanks to Wise Ambitions for sharing his analysis of this little setup.

As they say, a bit on the side is always exciting.....

Hi
Good luck with 10/40

Just remember the disadvantage of a bad R/R ratio. But it does need breathing space for which reason I wouldn't restrict the SL too much

An advantage I like is it gives an earlier close, that's if you don't like being in a trade fo 2, 3 or more hours.

I'm just reading an email from Mark Fric with changes to the recommendations

And those who don't know what it's all about ought to sign up to the system, before it goes up from $97 to $999 which is more like what it's worth.

(PS Nobody told me it's going up, but believe me it's the best value strategy I've come across and would be cheap at 5 times the price)

However, those who tinker do bring value as I am sure the developer looks at them and may well, after testing, incorporate some ideas. However, unless one has access to significant resources and experience, I personally cannot subscribe to the idea that a couple of losses mean the system needs revision.

Seems that I had inside knowledge of this. I promise all that I did not!!!!!

Thanks Mark for the email update and Hammy for his hard work.

I'm just reading an email from Mark Fric with changes to the recommendations

And those who don't know what it's all about ought to sign up to the system, before it goes up from $97 to $999 which is more like what it's worth.

(PS Nobody told me it's going up, but believe me it's the best value strategy I've come across and would be cheap at 5 times the price)

Just read it myself. I will use the new settings alongside those I presently use i.e. 65/43/20.

Hi Rob,
Yes I am with yyou 100% on this, standard settings plus the bit of naughty flirting..

Big thanks to Wise Ambitions for sharing his analysis of this little setup.

As they say, a bit on the side is always exciting.....

Manges tout! Manges tout!

(As they say in Peckham!)

Hmm?

I set:

Any advice…?

Hi Rob

There is nothing wrong with your settings - I cant understand why it's using MAX lots.

Have a word with Mark and see if he can help, sorry I could'nt help - Whatever you do don't phone SLM about the problem as the chap on the other line is less than sympathetic when it comes to EA's, although he allows them. :)