ForexMorningTrade System

I decided to get out with a +5 as the EUR/ USD is climbing and the Swiss Frank against the Dollar is falling.....

Hi,

Please can you explain what is meant by "don't forget to set a different magic number for each chart"

Thanks

Raj

In order to work properly each chart must have a unique number.

Select a chart and press F7. Scroll to the bottom and you will see a setting labelled "MagicNumber". Make sure that you set a different number for each chart, doesn't matter what it is, it is only an identifier.

It was a bad day even for the 65SL setting.

Results for YTD, wef 3rd January.

1) Original FMT 40/40 +320 PF 1.61

2) New FMT 35/40 & BE +275 PF 1.85

3) 28/40 +290 PF 1.28
4) 43/65 & BE +341 PF 1.87

A contributor in an earlier post made the observation that the FMT effect has probably expired for that day if the trade goes sideways for too long.

Having seen the trade oscillating about the entry price after nearly 2 hours this morning I decided to manually close the order. At that time I was only 2 or 3 pips down.

I was called away and when I returned I was 30+ pips down and I decided to let the trade ride.

Big mistake today.:(

A contributor in an earlier post made the observation that the FMT effect has probably expired for that day if the trade goes sideways for too long.

Having seen the trade oscillating about the entry price after nearly 2 hours this morning I decided to manually close the order. At that time I was only 2 or 3 pips down.

I was called away and when I returned I was 30+ pips down and I decided to let the trade ride.

Big mistake today.:(

Possible mistake but, just because we lose a trade doesn't mean the trade was wrong. If signals tp sl etc are all correct then the trade was right. It's just that the market wont care if you're right or wrong.

Attachments

• skizzer roller.gif
    skizzer roller.gif
    33.7 KB · Views: 437
FMT for me this morning: (55-30-15) Trading on 2 live account:

6:15 GMT. start, sell trade hit SL -55 and -55 pips
6:30 GMT. start, sell trade hit SL -55 and -56 pips

total loss today -221 pips.. ..ouch !

total so far this week -38 pips.

I guess the odds caught up to us with such a good run lately..

better luck tomorrow !..

For those interested in another viewpoint, this morning was an example of a Hector Deville London open breakout on the 15 min - there was a clear triangle formed,( a false break below), and the 9:30 bar broke out of triangle, the next bar came back to touch support at 1.6245. (His trade would be to go long above the 9:30 bar high.)
Hindsights a wonderful thing. Still, it may save some pips next time.

For those interested in another viewpoint, this morning was an example of a Hector Deville London open breakout on the 15 min - there was a clear triangle formed,( a false break below), and the 9:30 bar broke out of triangle, the next bar came back to touch support at 1.6245. (His trade would be to go long above the 9:30 bar high.)
Hindsights a wonderful thing. Still, it may save some pips next time.

Do you/plan to use Hector Deville London Open Breakout in conjunction with FMT to take trades on FMT (example whether to go long or short)?

Have you been using HDLOB independently and seeing good results?

Thanks.
kgk

Do you/plan to use Hector Deville London Open Breakout in conjunction with FMT to take trades on FMT (example whether to go long or short)?

Have you been using HDLOB independently and seeing good results?

Thanks.
kgk

HDLOB entry is typically (well, almost by definition) occurs later than FMT, so you can't use it to decide L/S. I am just trying to look for those setups, to diversify (maybe other currencies.). As well as his 'trending scenarios' setups. They are a lot more chart intensive than FMT though! I like his stuff, very clear and conservative(tradingwise!).

Chris