ForexMorningTrade System

Here ActivTrades real monnies, LONG at 6:30, closed with TP 25. Not the best, but another good day. FBG 4 SHORT triggered at 6:45 - still running, FBG 3 SELL STOP placed at 6:00, but not triggered yet.

Previously somebody talked about a FMT applied to EURUSD and USDCHF - both before NY opening. Any further results on these pairs?

Thanks

Hittfeld

FXDD said sell
Alpari said buy

I might do both. I couldn't be wrong. But hey there are spreads to pay, so best decision is look at the tealeaves and come back to it in 15 mins

then probably have the day off

with your tp at 28pips u could actually end up being a winner for both sell and buy.

with your tp at 28pips u could actually end up being a winner for both sell and buy.

Yes straddling the market like that can be a good idea, I had wondered about doing it, but then I looked at my own rules. I even broke my own rules by not having sold short at 06.30GMT, I might still have done ok from it, but there was a moment when I would have been within 5 of SL and I might have been crying in the sink. Yes I did notice eventually two or three of my charts with the FMT template did say sell and that's what EAs would have mostly done, but this is an unusual situation when some members report a long and most others shorts.

The price was also just on the 63hour EMA which I regarded as becoming a pivot point

Short trade
First TP hit at +36 pips (75% of position, 36 * .75 = 27)
Second TP hit at +47 pips (25% of position, 47 * .25 = 11.75)
Total real pips: +38.75
Total growth of account: +16%
Growth since beginning of month: +59.2%

Today's trade was a bit scary and probably should have been a no trade. Almost immediately the price started going in the opposite direction and didn't stop until around -40 pips, nearly hitting my SL of -45 pips! Right around then is when it started turning around and went all the way down to hit both of my TP's! This trade was abnormally long, lasting around 6.5 hours. This strategy usually hits the TP's within a few hours or it goes on forever and losses. Today's trade looked like it was going to be a loser, but I'm very glad it turned around. That said, today was a loser for this strategy in my book. The fact that the price turned around is chance and there is no way TMT could've predicted that.

This week has been a great way to start the month. All winners, no losers. By next week I should have completely recovered from January's losses. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

FMT for me today:

6:00 start, sell trade, hit TP +20 pips
6:15 start, sell trade, BE+5 pips
6:30 start, sell trade, hit TP +31 pips
6:45 start, sell trade, hit TP +25 pips

total today +81 pips..

total for the week +232 pips ..

cheers !..

Weekly update, an excellent week! +131 pips
Since the last loss -> 2 No Trade, 2 BE, 7 wins (y)

Attachments

• FMT.xls
    121.5 KB · Views: 299

Hi Deserteagle,
Thanks for sharing your results. I backtested your settings for 2010, and the profit factor is higher compared to standard settings. Because of the bigger stop loss, I will have to reduce my risk. But I am going to switch to your settings next week. I guess the GBPUSD is a volatile pair, and it never hurts to give it more room to breathe. Thanks again.
Best regards,
Trader578

Hello all,

I have been using the FMT manually for the last 4 weeks.
Now I want to try the EA out.

Is 4.3 the current version?

I am using a demo MT4 spreadbetting account so do not use lots. I want to stake £1 per point.
In the PDF it says "Trading with 0.1 lot means that 1 pip will have value approx. 1 USD,"

There are 5 digits after the decimal point so should I set the "lot" parameter to 1 if I want to stake £1 per point. 1 point is really 10 because of the 5th digit after the decimal point.

Sorry for the confusing explanation :)

Hello,
thanks for results... are you only trading GBPUSD ? Is it FMT or Turbo FMT ?
Sorry I'm not following this thread so often..
LO

Yes, now I'm only trading GBPUSD at 6:30, but I wish to backtest other pairs and other times. I use FMT ea 4.1.
Regards

Hi Deserteagle,
Thanks for sharing your results. I backtested your settings for 2010, and the profit factor is higher compared to standard settings. Because of the bigger stop loss, I will have to reduce my risk. But I am going to switch to your settings next week. I guess the GBPUSD is a volatile pair, and it never hurts to give it more room to breathe. Thanks again.
Best regards,
Trader578

You are welcome
As I have commented before, the SL has been hit just the half of the times than the standard sets.

Good trading for all of us next week. :)

Hi Deserteagle, great results! So you appear to be using a 65 stop and 43 target, is that correct? And is your start time variable, or fixed at 6.30?

Thanks in advance.
Poppy.

You are welcome
As I have commented before, the SL has been hit just the half of the times than the standard sets.

Good trading for all of us next week. :)

Hi Deserteagle,
Although your settings seem to be better than standard settings, backtests of 55SL 43TP 20BE seem to be even better for 2010. Just thought I would share because I think I will be using these instead.
Cheers

I did my backtest with version 4.1, I did not have time to try other version.

Hello backtesters,

Sorry about this newbie question. But can you test reliably test FMT taking into account that the during the year the summer time and winter time is not the same, and so the GMT offset is different in winter or summer when one wants to refer to 6:30 to start trading ?

I've backtested FMT but I always wondered about this with FMT if the correct GMT offset was guaranteed always throughout the whole backtest.
Thanks
LO