Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DDI,
what are your methods etc,how long have you been trading etc.Only tell us what you dont want too. Myself wackypete and be positive have been calling live trades for nearly a year now. I use a strict method which i call old ma flashearts secret trading recipe. Previously i had a couple of good years just trading of trend lines. I wil try and put up more charts once its more profitable and proven. Porcell,Vaco,Bedsit,Redart,dinos all make live calls and are ahead. I may have missed others. All have good methods and are happy to share. Good luck
hey mate..sorry for the late reply as I missed your question.

Been trading since 2002. but up until 2006 I made good money scalping from 'bad pricing by some spread betters'. never traded properly as to say..

but those days are over as most systems are efficient...

I trade mainly based on movements off 50 ma..using divergence (stoch/RSI) or ADX for trend strength...had an unsuccessful attempt at running a journal here a couple of years back...

I think i have improved..lets see how things turn out!

Best of luck to all of us...

Long USDJPY 8177, stop 8147

Am kinda net just short EURUSD with my 2 positions!!

No swings yesterday so will persevere with small TF trading on 2 pairs for now, Euro and cable. Cable trade this morning for 53 pips, havn't taken a Euro trade for past 24 hrs. Stop set as per usual at 50, no use of trailing; price moved through daily pivot, heads towards R1 where it's subsequently bounced back by circa 20 pips.

Frustrating that R1 today (and S1 yesterday) proved to be where (possibly/probably) so many orders were placed, market was hunting etc.etc.etc.. 200MA proving to be support? FTSE up violently naturally afected my decision on cable.

Attachments

• fx graph 325.png
    fx graph 325.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 114
No swings yesterday so will persevere with small TF trading on 2 pairs for now, Euro and cable. Cable trade this morning for 53 pips, havn't taken a Euro trade for past 24 hrs. Stop set as per usual at 50, no use of trailing; price moved through daily pivot, heads towards R1 where it's subsequently bounced back by circa 20 pips.

Frustrating that R1 today (and S1 yesterday) proved to be where (possibly/probably) so many orders were placed, market was hunting etc.etc.etc.. 200MA proving to be support? FTSE up violently naturally afected my decision on cable.

Doh, now it reaches 15,600, the round number I wanted (planned) to take profit..:rolleyes: R2 next price target?

Trade on Euro for 20 pips, that's it for today. Took very small pips on this, circa 75 for the morning session is OK and if these are *the* moves for today then I can't re-enter on the smalls, swings on the radar now..

Attachments

• fx graph 326.png
    fx graph 326.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 102
Thought I would start contributing too. I am not a day trader and mainly look for swings over days.

As of this morning, jumping on the Aussie trend and long from 10102, stop 9970, target around 10500.

Edited to add: this is on aus/usd.

Last edited: