Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Interesting to note on EU that yesterday's close was right on (to within a few pips) the 161.8% Fibonacci projection of the August down move.

Attachments

• EU Fibo.jpg
    EU Fibo.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Also drawing a trend channel from the very start of the current rally to the subsequent swing low and drawing a parallel channel trend line across the previous swing high, would indicate that EU is currently at a high, couple this with the severely over-bought readings on (insert your favourite oscillator) and all evidence points towards a near term corrective pull-back at the very least.

Attachments

• EU Channel.jpg
    EU Channel.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 121
We also have this fairly distinct high put in on the 17th March, which comes in at 3817...

Attachments

• EU Resistance.jpg
    EU Resistance.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 254
Very interesting analysis - also very obvious. That means there will be sellers (may see initial decline for 100-200 pips ) but we may also see higher highs (short sellers will call them stop runnings -up to 3x Daily ATR of recent highs).

What is your plan Jon? Are you gonna swing short tomorrow?

Very interesting analysis - also very obvious. That means there will be sellers (may see initial decline for 100-200 pips ) but we may also see higher highs (short sellers will call them stop runnings -up to 3x Daily ATR of recent highs).

What is your plan Jon? Are you gonna swing short tomorrow?
Yeah Leo, I think I'll take a shot at least for a short term correction, there seems to be a lot of calling for 1.40, what's your take?

The trend is your friend and all that.. I dunno, I think it looks a little over stretched, but then I thought that 50 pips ago.

I certainly won't be placing a stop 3xATR above the market.

Last edited:
love the analysis and its exactly why I was selling on Friday.I have blown up this chart to show the 4 lines that are in place. I kept beleiving it would turn down at somepoint friday.It never did. It went through all 4,which generally would mean a sharp movement up. The only thing stopping it is that March high.Ill still find it hard not to short this though. Working it out and trading it are totally different as we know. Its gone 400 pips in 4 days up to that high,so based on that it has to turn from the high.

Attachments

• snapshot-441.png
    snapshot-441.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 133
Thanks, my main reservation is the close on Friday being so close to the high, which usually indicates continuation. The market will either validate or invalidate our analysis (how to state the bleedin' obvious)...

Yes, if a trader keeps shorting for 40 times, it would eventually get a down move. But the question is, why did he miss 400 pips up move? And, how much did it cost to do that?

Yes, if a trader keeps shorting for 40 times, it would eventually get a down move. But the question is, why did he miss 400 pips up move? And, how much did it cost to do that?

Agreed. Check out the 4h chart of eurusd. straight line up. I'm guilty of wanting to short the eur also but this chart really makes you think twice.

Attachments

• eur102.jpg
    eur102.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 115
dont you guys ever start early,part timers

short eur/jpy at 114.77 s/l 114.93. Its just moved 10 pips while im writing.happy start to week i hope

moved back again,just a little spike
Heres why 60 min t/l. sold off top

Attachments

• snapshot-442.png
    snapshot-442.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 123
2 short term 5 min TF trades this morning;
stop 25
no TP
Pips +36

Took a gbp/jpy trade, unusal for me, but it just sat there and asked for it..;)

Attachments

• fx graph 131010.png
    fx graph 131010.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 132
  • fx graph 231010.png
    fx graph 231010.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 110
That's it for short term 5min TF trading today;
stop of 25
No TP
+ 25 pips

Attachments