Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am down with flu. Going to take it easy today.

Hi Scotty2Cues, welcome! Sometimes, unhappy trades pay off really well. EU on my buy list, too.

right on line,its hit it enogh to suggest an upturn,

Attachments

• snapshot-443.png
    snapshot-443.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 71
Julian, you're 60+ pips up for the day, day trading exclusively...do you ever think "job done" for today, target reached" and close down platform/charts and get out there in the Autumnal sunshine? Just a thought...

okay, been scaling in and out of eu on the way down from London open and have covered all of Fridays losses, am leaving a half size position still on in case it can break through support, sl at b/e: 3720, currently in 40 pips open position profit...

There appears to be some weight behind this down move based on pa and vol, also the likelihood of some long position unwinding...

Last edited:
Yes, if a trader keeps shorting for 40 times, it would eventually get a down move. But the question is, why did he miss 400 pips up move? And, how much did it cost to do that?

Wise words, but it's taking time for the lesson to stick...

Julian, you're 60+ pips up for the day, day trading exclusively...do you ever think "job done" for today, target reached" and close down platform/charts and get out there in the Autumnal sunshine? Just a thought...

Your so right and I should do that,i make a lot more in the mornings anyway. My wife is not impressed with the time i spend,but tolerates it as I make money. I am trying to aim for that and will try and finish by midday or earlier. Its clearly an emotional issue that I am gradually getting control of. My plan is to have a method that provides one or two trades in the morn and gives me say 80 pips a week,and then i wont be under pressure with the t/l trading. Because I have no exact science to my lines,its hard when to stop etc as I get no consistancy in my returns. I have been working on something that may achieve that and have backtested manually for a year and it looks good(its a simple set up).Hope that makes sense.
Can you give me(us) an idea of how many trades a week you take and weather your profits are consistant and how the scalping fits in. I would hate to swing trade and be in the red for days at a time. Its a hard emotion to deal with.

Trade with me.. I assure you swift exits.. especially on the losing ones :LOL:

(for I let my winners run)

Leo,y:smart:eek:uve called one trade in two weeks,how can I live on that.perhaps the the swan will share his scalping method or let us piggy back his trades