forex trading is so hard...

And its no different a dream/plan than any other trader here, or you had at one time.
agreed;)
if you trade on gut and instinct like you do just make sure that if the trade doesnt work out you take the loss quick.you can then go with another idea(y)
u will win lose lose win etc but thats how it is.dont hold onto losers:clover:

agreed;)
if you trade on gut and instinct like you do just make sure that if the trade doesnt work out you take the loss quick.you can then go with another idea(y)
u will win lose lose win etc but thats how it is.dont hold onto losers:clover:

Everyone trades on "gut" right unless you're fully quantitative? How many of us are, not many I would bet. By trading gut I mean we look at our charts (which are slightly quantitative i concede that), we make our decision and place the trade. Sometimes we override what we see on the chart because it just doesn't feel right but we can't put our finger on why.

This is the way I trade and what I mean by "gut trading". I suspect YOU do too, and most of us would I be correct?

long EUR 844 30 tick stop
short CAD 2470 30 tick stop

i'm going to focus on these two pairs only, till I master them.

i've been spreading myself waaaay too thin, trying to trade a half dozen pairs and the DOW and Light sweet and and and...

i can't resist...going focus on those two pairs but theres a LOT of TIME in between waiting for the payoff. esp in FOREX:sleep:

i can't resist...playing on the simulator ..short YM 822 SIM TRADE 30 tick stop

Everyone trades on "gut" right unless you're fully quantitative? How many of us are, not many I would bet. By trading gut I mean we look at our charts (which are slightly quantitative i concede that), we make our decision and place the trade. Sometimes we override what we see on the chart because it just doesn't feel right but we can't put our finger on why.

This is the way I trade and what I mean by "gut trading". I suspect YOU do too, and most of us would I be correct?
nothing wrong with gut trading but when wrong get out-lots of chart traders get married to positions (n)
also only trade one or 2 things lol-get used to them-sim lots till you get something you like-lots of people trade ftse as its slowish-forex 2 dangerous imho:eek:

nothing wrong with gut trading but when wrong get out-lots of chart traders get married to positions (n)
also only trade one or 2 things lol-get used to them-sim lots till you get something you like-lots of people trade ftse as its slowish-forex 2 dangerous imho:eek:

been watching forex for awhile i'm learning the *******s MO.

the thing i like about it it's slow. the thing i don't like about it it's slow. :cheesy:

sounds contradictory but it isn't. futures are so fast its like bbbbbbbbbbbbup as algos place trades in millisecs. place a trade and your down 10 ticks in blink of an eye. that i don't like. and the slippage

Forex, place the trade and go make a ham & swiss sammich with mayo come back and nothings moved. you r looking see if the connection is down.

smthg in b/w would be nice.

Last edited:
i can see now that i'll probably move to futures when money permits. forex is like watching grass grow. can't they make an instrument a derivative like X3?

my mama told me there be days like this! when all the pieces of the puzzle start to fit, there be days like this :D