Why is this so hard -- "lose" is spelt with one "o", not two!

p!ss off Howard, you might live on a treadmill but you're still a fat c*nt.

(I will edit / delete this in the morning, as approptiate. No offence Howard)

As goofy as your stuff is, it still sometimes makes me laugh. This time, out loud. Oh my.

Howard, once again it's a little difficult to tell, but it looks like you retired your Euler avatar in favour of another eminent mathematician:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/stephen-hawking-builds-robotic-exoskeleton,1629/

Close, but not quite. :)

It is actually a picture of a Lego model, called the Iron Condor, that I could not resist buying and am now in the process of building.

It was that or my car license plate.

License_Plate.jpg

Thanks, Howard. Perfectly clear, and the the obvious choice in view of your strategy. When you finish building the model, may I suggest replacing the pic with one where the wings perfectly replicate a trapezium, or even better, an animated curve evolving evolving to the expiry payout?
Cheers
Dom

Last edited:
Thanks, Howard. Perfectly clear, and the the obvious choice in view of your strategy. When you finish building the model, may I suggest replacing the pic with one where the wings perfectly replicate a trapezium shaped payout?
Cheers
Dom

Great idea!

I wish I had thought of that. :eek:

Stay tuned.

If a sufficient number of people spell lose as lse, could we could claim that most are spelling it correctly on average?

It is simply a matter of education.

Some people are poorly educated and others are well educated.

There appear to be a large number of uneducated losers on this forum.

It is simply a matter of education.

Some people are poorly educated and others are well educated.

There appear to be a large number of uneducated losers on this forum.

I'm not well educated but I can spell lose. Does that mean I'm not one of the loosers?

they'll probably just update the dictionary soon to accept both spellings as being correct.

Misinterpretation is a design flaw in our language,..anyone know of a better "way" ?
E.G: Music,..Maths,..etc.
A language without ambiguity, now there's a challenge,...
I've always thought it strange how language doesn't seem to improve/move forward,become more effecient with the times!!

I'm not well educated but I can spell lose.

Yes Scose, you can spell lose but do you know what it means.

Can you differentiate between lose and loose.

An easy way to do this is to think of women when contemplating using the word, loose and think of trading when contemplating using the word lose.

Women traders take note ... are you loose losers ?

I've always thought it strange how language doesn't seem to improve/move forward,become more effecient with the times!!

I was just wondering if ...

Effecient is to Efficient as Lose is to Loose.