Forex knowledge and live trading journal

F - if you respond to this and try to keep talking on this topic, you are back to ignore…

Unbelievable that you would even try and compare the 1 scenario I gave i.e. 3:1 win/loss ratio to my trades last week. I did not lose a single trade last week. So, how does that even relate to the scenario I gave? It doesn't. I gave 1 scenario as a response to your question, showing one scenario with only winning half of the trades. Fact is I win more than half, so it doesn't relate.

Anyway. Please don't waste time with this. Not sure why you feel the need to keep posting on my thread. Start a thread of your own. It will be a new and wonderful experience for you :clap:

Last edited:
F - I challenge you to start a thread. If you know so much, why don't you outline it in a thread all your own, instead of coming here to waste my time?

F - I challenge you to start a thread. If you know so much, why don't you outline it in a thread all your own, instead of coming here to waste my time?

:Sirpondlifedreg, I meant Pondlifedregsbutler pulls off his tanktop, drops his pint of stellar puffs up his chest then yells " I challenge the kin pair of yaz to throw up your 'main' account statements to back up ya claims, until then you'z both a couple of old Walts" and then falls out the door onto the pavement urinating his y-fronts on the way down.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the positive posts from traders who appreciate this thread.

It seems once again though, there are posts that seem to have the intent of detracting from this thread's objective.

I will restate the objective as often as I need to, in order to try and adhere to it:

It is to show a live trading experience and trade management, true and honest. I post all of my trades recorded in videos, and highlight my reasons for entering and exiting trades in my videos.

Obviously, this is a benefit to me, as it helps me to slow down my process of analysis and not be trigger happy when entering trades. My hope was that others too could benefit from watching my successes and failures.

I'm not here to prove anything to anyone. And am getting tired of being baited into conversations where I have to defend myself, whether my trading methods, results, or my character. That's not the reason for this thread.

I don't recommend any sort of risk guidelines, or money management methods. You need to figure that out on your own. It's not rocket science. If you don't know how to trade and you are risking 10-20%, do I need to tell you not to do that? If you periodically blow your account because of risking too much, do I need to tell you that you should not be risking so much? No. I think anyone who is trading is smart enough to figure that out on their own. In fact, I believe if you are trying to trade, you don't need me to figure it out. But if it helps to watch what I do, then why not?

I only show reason why I enter trades, and how I management them. I show how I read price action. My analysis of candlestick charts. Period. That's it.

I can't believe I'm spending so much time talking about risk. Here's one more post for anyone who mistakenly thinks I'm trying to give advice on how much you should risk.

I am not giving any advice on what any trader should risk.

The only advice I'll give on risk, is that, if you don't know how to trade, and/or if you don't have confidence in whether you can recover from losses, you should not be risking much at all. Learn how to trade first before you increase your risk.

so you are not giving advice on risk ?

N

F - I only gave 1 scenario.

The fact is, I don't need to have a 3:1 win/loss ratio.

I never associated my scenario with my trades this week. The fact that you are making that association leads me to believe you are trying to bait me into an argument. Please don't start wasting my time again.

F.....stop upsetting the man ...he has kindly joined T2W to spread his knowledge and certainly doesnt need people challenging his comments .....jees .......

sorry Aliasentric ........please continue with your lessons

N

so you are not giving advice on risk ?

I'm not giving advice on "what" to risk, i.e. "how much", "what percentage of capital", etc. My advice on risk in general is as stated above and I'm not the first to say it or advise it.

But again, this is not the intent of this thread. I post my results, but I don't promote that everyone should risk the same percentage of capital that I do in order to get the same results.

Only reason I'm even talking about it is because someone seems to be using it in their agenda to bait me into and argument or point out flaws in my trading. I risk whatever I want and accept the loss or reward that comes with that. Everyone else needs to do the same and accept responsibility for their own trading decisions.

How much to risk, is too complicated to try and start giving advice on it, or even talking about it as an example of what to do or not do. Too many variables. Too many scenarios. And too many misunderstandings that could lead to disaster if someone followed my advice.

Once again, I am only showing my trading decisions related to entering and exiting trades, and managing risk and protecting profits. But how much risk or how much profit is not being discussed. I sometimes allude to percentage of capital gained or lost, but it is not to be taken as any sort of advice, and is more to just verify whether I am successful or whether I failed in a trade, or after a week of trades.

Basically, this thread is about learning how to trade, reading price action. If someone already knows how to do this, they should know how to decide on how much of their capital to risk. As I stated already, learn how to trade first before you risk too much. How much is too much risk? Each decides that on their own.

Last edited:
And… Here's another reason talking about risk is, well, risky.

I've lost 2 trades today so far. Both trades combined, I lost less than 2% of my capital.

So, I don't always risk 10-20% on every trade.

Plus, in my opinion, these 2 trades should not have been losses and where only due to setting stop loss too tight. I just jumped back in with 2 additional trades, even adding to my positions on one of them. And I also increased my risk percentage, which I won't go into here.

So, when do I decide to risk 10% verses 20% verses less than 1 percent? Too complicated to explain on a forum. And too involved to try and outline everything in my trading videos.

And besides, once again I'll point out that how much risk is such a personal decision based on pain tolerance and how much capital you have, and how confident you are in general, as well as how confident you are in each individual trade, so I'll leave this topic alone, hopefully.

Last edited:
So far this week 6 winning trades and 11 losing trades.

Only consolation is that I haven't completely decimated last week's gains yet...

Goal for today and tomorrow? Try not to lose another trade…

http://youtu.be/kdSCUb_zbY4