follow the leader extreme scalping

..............So - I see A go up, I buy B... what happens if I buy B and A then goes down the sh1tter?..........

toastie

well, you just buy B and sell A to start with (or immediately your buy B goes red) on the basis that the correlation will correct either by B rising faster than A or it (B) falling more slowly than A. Do it all the time with ftse/dow.

toastie

well, you just buy B and sell A to start with (or immediately your buy B goes red) on the basis that the correlation will correct either by B rising faster than A or it (B) falling more slowly than A. Do it all the time with ftse/dow.

I think this technique is more to do with one market following the other, so placing a directional trade because the leader has made a break.

Could be sector ETF/stock, stock/stock, futures/stock etc. etc. etc.

Stock/stock would be interesting because there you could potentially find correlations that aren't being widely played.

Just to add - doing this on a 1 minute cart like you suggest, or rough volume / tick equivalent, you are asking for trouble. Down there the action really is what it is, not what it is on something else.

Just my opinion, but I'd be really careful if I were you. Leave this one on the demo unless you're really sure, and my bet is that once you're really sure, you'll leave this one on the demo.

Oh, really!

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/155604-follow-leader-extreme-scalping.html#post1936714

not anymore but this is only due to lack of pre market prep time.

I took a swing trading view i.e. 1 week or so and informally would focus say on oil ETF (USO) and corresponding industries like oil refineries and then look for relative strength or weakness in the associated industries. At a macro view you do get to see the right stocks setting up .

Stock Screener - Overview oilgasrefiningmarketing o100 change

Am sure this could be improved upon immensely but overall you do get correlation in sectors and their supporting industries.

Hi gktk, yeah definitely interested in all that. Commodity breaks out and stock follows. have you been trading this strat?

not anymore but this is only due to lack of pre market prep time.

I took a swing trading view i.e. 1 week or so and informally would focus say on oil ETF (USO) and corresponding industries like oil refineries and then look for relative strength or weakness in the associated industries. At a macro view you do get to see the right stocks setting up .

Stock Screener - Overview oilgasrefiningmarketing o100 change

Am sure this could be improved upon immensely but overall you do get correlation in sectors and their supporting industries.

hey gktk

thanks for posting that, I was looking for a free stock screener now I have given up my esignal subscription (for about the 3rd time). there really is some good stuff out there for free> i was executing US stocks through Sterling prop platform but have recently switched to Fusion as that to is free if you negotiate. Got to say the AMP ninja demo account is damn good you can chart a wide range of futures for free.

Watching the FTSE, DAX, CAC, S&P, DOW futures all on one screen in the past hour. There was some good opportunities, that CAC was really strong as the FTSE and DAX pulled back hard, DAX broke south, FTSE followed and CAC remained stubbonly high. It was a clear short opportunity, sure enough it bust south pretty good.

CD - you can hop from demo to demo with Ninja - they have a bunch of brokers on their web page who provide demos, although there has been a bit of a clamp down with people doing this.

Kinetick for Ninja is pretty cheap at $50/month - you still don't have to pay for Ninja if you are using that. You only pay for it when you start trading from it.

CD - you can hop from demo to demo with Ninja - they have a bunch of brokers on their web page who provide demos, although there has been a bit of a clamp down with people doing this.

Kinetick for Ninja is pretty cheap at $50/month - you still don't have to pay for Ninja if you are using that. You only pay for it when you start trading from it.

thanks Toast - so I guess we are friends again now. psychotic episode over lol

thanks Toast - so I guess we are friends again now. psychotic episode over lol

Indeed but my prescription runs out next Thursday and the pharmacy says they can't refill me without my doctors sign-off.

Thing is - how do I tell them my doctor can't do that because he's buried in my back garden?

NinjaTrader is free?!?!? :O

Omfg, I'm on dat!

Still have to pay for data once the demos wear off -- shucks. I wouldn't be paying a single red cent if I had my way as a dark adherent in the ways of Penny Pinching. But hey, I'll take it.

Too bad it's not for Mac, though. Trading platforms hate Macs. :(

Well - I don't know the ins & outs but I know a few people running Ninja on a Mac - I presume under some sort of windows emulator.

If you threw a few emulator names @ me, I'd probably be able to tell you which it was.

finviz.com is a fantastic screener, will take a look at AMP, thanks.

hey gktk

thanks for posting that, I was looking for a free stock screener now I have given up my esignal subscription (for about the 3rd time). there really is some good stuff out there for free> i was executing US stocks through Sterling prop platform but have recently switched to Fusion as that to is free if you negotiate. Got to say the AMP ninja demo account is damn good you can chart a wide range of futures for free.

Well - I don't know the ins & outs but I know a few people running Ninja on a Mac - I presume under some sort of windows emulator.

If you threw a few emulator names @ me, I'd probably be able to tell you which it was.

Well, I use Parallels Desktops/Worms and BootCamp is another, so technically it's not a problem. It's just a hassle to boot that up every time I need to use Windows and I can run into performance issues, which is not something you want when trading.

But I suppose it's at least good enough with play money and just watching a DoM... which I'll finally be able to. :smart:

Long long time since I messed about or knew anything about that stuff (mainly multimedia side).
Should be a piece of p1ss now macs are x86 architecture (after motorola CPU's dumped).
Can even install windoze on macs these days AFAIK.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1461

NinjaTrader is free?!?!? :O

Omfg, I'm on dat!

Still have to pay for data once the demos wear off -- shucks. I wouldn't be paying a single red cent if I had my way as a dark adherent in the ways of Penny Pinching. But hey, I'll take it.

Too bad it's not for Mac, though. Trading platforms hate Macs. :(

Yeah completely free - unless you want to execute via Ninja,
either with full automation or NT's ATM (advanced trade management).
Same applies if you just want to use Ninja as a front end to avoid using the sh1te front end of IB for example.
If you want to execute via ninja you need to buy a license:
NinjaTrader stock, futures and forex charting software and online trading platform. Purchase. Own.
NinjaTrader stock, futures and forex charting software and online trading platform. Purchase. Lease.

Last edited:
How the f**k have i dropped to 696 posts?
Don't care, but a thread has obviously been deleted somewhere?
Must have been good lulz I missed :LOL:

Here is another set up that happened a couple of minutes ago.

Screenshot1

FTSE Z & DAX DFAX both make new lows but CAC has not yet made a new low.

CAC bid price at time of screenshot is 3426.0, you hit the bid at 3426 even

20 seconds later at the second screenshot CAC bid price is now 3424.0

you hit out on the offer 3424.5

you bank 3 ticks.

kinell bud aint rocket science is it.

I always knew the french were a bit slow in coming forward but didn't know you could trade it.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    45.3 KB · Views: 242
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    44.9 KB · Views: 238