follow the leader extreme scalping

ChocolateDigestive

Experienced member
1,153 281
CD - you can hop from demo to demo with Ninja - they have a bunch of brokers on their web page who provide demos, although there has been a bit of a clamp down with people doing this.

Kinetick for Ninja is pretty cheap at $50/month - you still don't have to pay for Ninja if you are using that. You only pay for it when you start trading from it.

thanks Toast - so I guess we are friends again now. psychotic episode over lol

VielGeld

Experienced member
1,421 179
NinjaTrader is free?!?!? :O

Omfg, I'm on dat!

Still have to pay for data once the demos wear off -- shucks. I wouldn't be paying a single red cent if I had my way as a dark adherent in the ways of Penny Pinching. But hey, I'll take it.

Too bad it's not for Mac, though. Trading platforms hate Macs. :(

DionysusToast

Legendary member
5,963 1,501
Well - I don't know the ins & outs but I know a few people running Ninja on a Mac - I presume under some sort of windows emulator.

If you threw a few emulator names @ me, I'd probably be able to tell you which it was.

gktk

68 12
finviz.com is a fantastic screener, will take a look at AMP, thanks.

hey gktk

thanks for posting that, I was looking for a free stock screener now I have given up my esignal subscription (for about the 3rd time). there really is some good stuff out there for free> i was executing US stocks through Sterling prop platform but have recently switched to Fusion as that to is free if you negotiate. Got to say the AMP ninja demo account is damn good you can chart a wide range of futures for free.

VielGeld

Experienced member
1,421 179
Well - I don't know the ins & outs but I know a few people running Ninja on a Mac - I presume under some sort of windows emulator.

If you threw a few emulator names @ me, I'd probably be able to tell you which it was.

Well, I use Parallels Desktops/Worms and BootCamp is another, so technically it's not a problem. It's just a hassle to boot that up every time I need to use Windows and I can run into performance issues, which is not something you want when trading.

But I suppose it's at least good enough with play money and just watching a DoM... which I'll finally be able to. :smart:

L

Liquid validity

0 0

Long long time since I messed about or knew anything about that stuff (mainly multimedia side).
Should be a piece of p1ss now macs are x86 architecture (after motorola CPU's dumped).
Can even install windoze on macs these days AFAIK.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1461

L

Liquid validity

0 0
NinjaTrader is free?!?!? :O

Omfg, I'm on dat!

Still have to pay for data once the demos wear off -- shucks. I wouldn't be paying a single red cent if I had my way as a dark adherent in the ways of Penny Pinching. But hey, I'll take it.

Too bad it's not for Mac, though. Trading platforms hate Macs. :(

Yeah completely free - unless you want to execute via Ninja,
either with full automation or NT's ATM (advanced trade management).
Same applies if you just want to use Ninja as a front end to avoid using the sh1te front end of IB for example.
If you want to execute via ninja you need to buy a license:
NinjaTrader stock, futures and forex charting software and online trading platform. Purchase. Own.
NinjaTrader stock, futures and forex charting software and online trading platform. Purchase. Lease.

Last edited:
L

Liquid validity

0 0
How the f**k have i dropped to 696 posts?
Don't care, but a thread has obviously been deleted somewhere?
Must have been good lulz I missed :LOL:

ChocolateDigestive

Experienced member
1,153 281
Here is another set up that happened a couple of minutes ago.

Screenshot1

FTSE Z & DAX DFAX both make new lows but CAC has not yet made a new low.

CAC bid price at time of screenshot is 3426.0, you hit the bid at 3426 even

20 seconds later at the second screenshot CAC bid price is now 3424.0

you hit out on the offer 3424.5

you bank 3 ticks.

kinell bud aint rocket science is it.

I always knew the french were a bit slow in coming forward but didn't know you could trade it.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    45.3 KB · Views: 186
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    44.9 KB · Views: 181
L

Liquid validity

0 0
I take it you mean the French are slow to respond in this instance and not always?
An example of what I mean, Peugeot and Renault release crap sales figs.
CAC leads decline, DAX and FTSE take figs as potential pointers to weakening
new car sales for the qtr so they are in catch up mode.
Index weighting in this instance will also play a part, FTSE has pretty much SFA,
whilst DAX will reflect quality end (Bimmers and merc which the chinese and everyone else love)
So may prove more resilient.

If thats what you mean, yeah, makes sense.
I'd be wary of expecting one index to always be the lagging one though.
Although I certainly wouldn't rule it out, exchange IT infrastructure may play a part...
Personally I'd want to do a sh1tload of correlation and backtesting first.

ChocolateDigestive

Experienced member
1,153 281
I take it you mean the French are slow to respond in this instance and not always?

yeah exactly, sometimes DAX lags, sometimes FTSE just depends on what is going on at the time. The hypothesis is that if 2 of them break new fractal swing highs/lows at the same time the 3rd is likely to follow.

exchange IT infrastructure may play a part...

i dont think so in this case, exchange latency is more a millisecond or lower factor. These relative strength differences seem to exist for a few seconds or more. i.e. there is plenty of time to get a fill, as long as I get filled within 0.5 of a second cant see it being a problem on that front.

L

Liquid validity

0 0
yeah exactly, sometimes DAX lags, sometimes FTSE just depends on what is going on at the time. The hypothesis is that if 2 of them break new fractal swing highs/lows at the same time the 3rd is likely to follow.

Thought thats what you meant, yeah makes perfect sense :)

NVP

Legendary member
37,785 2,109
Leaders and laggers are basic inter market relationships. For example I trade the emini s&p 500 so what the USD is doing is of importance to me. Before Europe closes, the Euro and the pound normally lead U.S equities because they strengthen as the USD weakens. A weak USD is good for U.S equities as it makes U.S products cheaper for foreign buyers which increases demand.

Crude oil is also another leader of U.S equities. If crude starts going through the roof then equities will normally follow as a weak USD drives up demand for crude oil which is priced in USD.

Then within the equities indexes, the emini nasdaq tends to lead the mini dow and emini s&p, then ontop of that you have the flight of quality effect with equities and fixed income products.

hey Gang

this kinda correlation conundrum will drive you insane ......I guarantee :eek:

I have been doing it for a while now and have now managed to become superbike Emperor of France....:cool:

N

Attachments

• superbike emperor  of france.jpg
    superbike emperor of france.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 236

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock