FDAX Slippage

mazdaq100

Hi

Those that trade the DAX future, do you often suffer slippage on entry/stops?

I'm currently demo trading the FDAX on MarketDelta, I mainly use stop orders for entry, although occasionally limit orders. I am trading 2-3 lots per order and rarely get slipped on entry or when my stop is hit.

I'm interested to know how realistic this is? I look at the DOM and most of the time, the FDAX seems pretty thin. Slightly concerned that if and when I go live, I am going to suffer a lot more slippage than in demo mode. Can anyone confirm or allay my fears?

Thanks.

Hi

Those that trade the DAX future, do you often suffer slippage on entry/stops?

I'm currently demo trading the FDAX on MarketDelta, I mainly use stop orders for entry, although occasionally limit orders. I am trading 2-3 lots per order and rarely get slipped on entry or when my stop is hit.

I'm interested to know how realistic this is? I look at the DOM and most of the time, the FDAX seems pretty thin. Slightly concerned that if and when I go live, I am going to suffer a lot more slippage than in demo mode. Can anyone confirm or allay my fears?

Thanks.

This is not an easy question to answer since the amount of slippage you get in a market will depend on when and where you trade.

But you can virtually guarantee some degree of slippage from time to time.

Since the FDAX is so thin, the more size you put on the more likely you will be slipped getting when you use stop orders and/or fail to get a full (or even partial) fill when you use limit orders.