Follow my trades

Just for a laugh, I've looked up my old trading records for that SB account, and this is a couple of days' trades during that period.

These are all for the Dow, on one day, and are all the won/loss figure in £:

+5.40, -1.60, +4.60, +9.00, +31.60, +2.00, +6.40, +6.00, +8.00, +3.20 = 10 trades (9 wins, 1 loss) = £74.60

On the same day of the week, one week later, my trades were:

+64.70, -0.40, -2.00, -0.10, +2.60, +3.00, +8.20, +5.00, +7.50, -11.50, +11.00, +77.00, +17.00, +15.00, -55.00, +2.00, +64.00, -10.00, +14.00, +12.00, +60.00, -32.00, -33.00, +54.00, -19.00, +72.00, +37.00 = 27 trades (18 wins, 9 losses) = £363.00

So although my profit was up, my quality of trading was much poorer and I was definitely overtrading - all very good lessons for me.

was that with the 'system'/method you currently use skim? or have you got better :)

Hi,
Methinks i've sussed the reason for Skim's success - if you
don't have b***s, you have to use your brain to think with :D :D :D

ps i doubt wether there'll be a rush of hairy-ass*d traders
wanting to use a Burdizzo

Hi RedDragon

It's a good theory but Skim upgraded to B*lls a long time ago. You still on Tungsten ones Skim?

Good memory!!

Well of course, it was a very proud day when I finally upgraded from wooden to steel b*lls :p

Who knows, maybe one day I'll upgrade again :cool:

Hi Skim,Is there a good SB that allows you to bet at 40p/point on a regular basis.I am a newby to all this and I don't know of one.Many thanks in advance.

By the way can you make this site more boring so that I don't spend so much of my time reading members comments and advice :D

hi harami

You can't be too much of a newbie if you know what a harami is. :D

I believe that Finspreads allows you to trade for the first eight weeks(?) at as low as 1p a point, but after that the minimum is 50p a point. This was the case not so long ago, so you will need to check that this is still true.

Just for another laugh, as I recall, Skim couldn't go long in those days.... Just think what those results may have been with longs .... I'f you'd like me to look up the intraday charts for those two days, I'll do a hypothetical analysis...

Just totted them up:

4 longs 6 shorts

18 longs & 9 shorts

I've always been happier shorting, because they move faster. :cheesy:

Skim,I can assure you that I am new but I bought Steve Nison's excellent book so that I could understand candlestick charts and as a side benefit understand bar charts as they are based on the same data.
I have a demo account at the moment but am having difficulty putting into practice what I have learnt and have ended up with too many negative trades :( .I intend to conquer this business however as apart from wishing to make a profit I find it absorbing and enjoy new challenges.But boy is this challenging!!

Mr Charts said:

Indeed - I always advise people to move up position size slowly and carefully with set hurdles to surmount at each level of size increment before moving on.

Mr Charts
Do you use a general yardstick for position size in relation to available capital ? For example, given a fairly reasonable level of experience and ability, what should the position size be when trading US stocks with a capital pot of say US$ 50k ?

Thanks for the explanation of the harami-sadly never learnt that on darren winters seminar!