Follow my trades

The sign of true genius is to make money when u have none-not after people have given u money for ur untried system

wow skim, i think that equates to just under 10000% in one month. Now that would have taken a lot of discipline.
Respect.

But could u keep that return going if u started with £1500? That shows true dedication when u started with such a low figure to turn it into that much-skim i salute u!

Skim,
"So if I can, why can't you?"
Exactly the right attitude.
This business is not rocket science.
The majority of people can learn how to do it if they've got the self discipline, application and determination.
Well done
Richard

Don't get too exited, although there was someone else that did similar %'s , but we're talking ending up in the big 6 figure sums... Remember that at the time, there were daily swings in the dow of several hundred points. Up 300, down 300 up 200 in one day were common !!!!! I recall around 900 points on offer one day... To achieve that sort of return in one month, today, would be almost impossible, short of risking 50% of your pot on 1 trade ( which margin limits wouldn't let you do anyway.)
Nonetheless, an almightily impressive achievement. :cheesy:

Indeed - I always advise people to move up position size slowly and carefully with set hurdles to surmount at each level of size increment before moving on.
Of course with £15.20 it's a little trickier, but then perhaps Skim is exceptionally brilliant!
Richard

Thanks!

I was curious why Skim hadnt seeked financial compensation for being a genius like other people here?

Mug2K

A few questions :

1. If you are going to 'Make a killing' this year, is it going to be from charging members or from your systems profitability?

From the former I assume, as YOUR backtest results for the FTSE from Nov 01 to May 02 produced the following LOSS

Points Gained - 637
LESS Points Lost - 554
LESS SPREAD - 161 (based on 23 trades @ 7 points
and no slippage)

Equals a MINIMUM LOSS of 78 points over a 6 months period.

2. If your system is good surely your brother (who you said trades) will have checked it out, be trading it using SB and be able to make a profit for himself and fund bets for you. As Skim correctly pointed out, you can quickly multiply your money and fund yourself easily (if your trades are good , of course.

3. Surely you could have done that when you were extolling the virtues of your friend (the one you were defending a week ago) who had a great system he was sharing with you?

4. Why are you calling on the good nature of members and asking them for help (12:16, 3/1/04) when you have just said that you are only going to sell it to a few people (and make a killing?). So you want their help but will then sell it off. Do the people who helped you get a share of the proceeds?

As you told us a day or so ago that you had turned over a new leaf and would now answer any questions, I look forward to your replies to each question - if you dont answer them then it's just another broken promise from you. Or have you really turned over a new leaf.

Please prove me wrong, I beg you.

Wheres car key boi when u need him?

I think the expression is O W N E D!

I wonder how much of a loss the "system" will make in the real market? That's why I asked if trades would be placed at 9pm to avoid the opening gap. You would have to allow a lot of slippage if trading at 9pm but placing the trade the next day would be even worse.

What actually benefitted me is compounding, and the knowledge that my risk was only ever £15.30.

As an example of this, here's how you can build a pot of £100 into £1,500 in one month (21 trading days) by making ONLY 10 points per day on the Dow.

The danger is that this will appeal particularly to the greedy who believe that it is easy to make money trading, so don't try this at home folks!

On Day 1 start with £100, which will 'buy' you a bet of 40p a point. You make 10 points in the market, so end the day with £104.00.

On Day 2 you increase your stake by 20% to 48p, and make 10 points in the market, and end the day with £108.80.

On Day 3 you increase your stake by 20% to 57p, and make 10 points in the market, and end the day with £114.50.

Carry on increasing your stake by 20% so that on day 21 you are trading at £23.25 per point, still making just 10 points per day.

Your pot at the end of the 21st day would be £1,448.17.

Easy? No. Because although it is only 10 points a day you have to take out of the market, the fear and greed will knock you out emotionally. But it's a good test to find out your fear level!

Of course, I have not included into the equation any restrictions you may have with the margin requirement which varies according to the time of day, etc.

So if mug2k's system is that brilliant, and he reckons that he can make 10 points per day on the Dow, then this is why it is far far more profitable to trade than to sell your system.

So it's not whether the market is particularly good or not - it is down to consistency, and the ability to make just 10 points per day. And b*lls of steel help tremendously! LOL

Skim's strategy is simple - trade what you see. Can it get any simpler? Having no B***s as such, must be a help as they clearly do not fit into the equation..... Must be a killer! No B***s = No Fear. :cheesy:

Pass. I don't know if Skim had any losing trades in that run.... With a 300 point swing to catch, I would be difficult to find a losing trade I guess.... Similarly, trying to catch 10 points a day off the Dow can't be that hard if you have the patience...