Follow my trades

Querceus and quint-in 100% agreeance!

I have to say as darren says for amusement factor this thread is quality!

Hi,

"Dow trade down £1400 before being removed" :rolleyes:

Give someone enough rope and they'll eventually hang
themselves

Ftse beater

"We regret to inform you, but you have been given 5 points for Disrespect towards other Members. The post for which you were warned is located at:
http://www.trade2win.co.uk/boards/s...st&postid=70634

The comment left was: Saying Skimbleshanks is immature.

Please respect all members

The warning will expire on 2004-02-09."

If you read carefully FB I said Skim was BEING immature in which is plain for all to see. I wasn't saying skim is mature !

Jane

Yes I agree but people will see these things for themselves anyway.

I think that it would be a good idea if a separate board was created for people to post their trades if they wanted to test a new system or if anyone fancies taking the stage. I'd be very happy to post my trades there. The fact that not many people do post trades here is a bit disconcerting. We may be quick to criticise but if we can't show better ourselves then should we really be slaying those that try.

Jane

Pied piper, you've obviously not read this thread properly!

Draw down is part of any system, as I said before place a 100 point stop if you must "Its the traders choice"

As for my other trades they are all doing perfectly well as I speak, as Ive said many times before "Draw-backs happen"

I'm through with this thread now, thanks 2 all who supported me!
I'm still gonna be posting on T2W but just not here.

Bye 2 u all

SMK

Last edited:
Two Bars said:
On the contrary these posts are excellent. They illustrate why no-one should ever buy a system, as Quercus and Quint have pointed out all the leaky holes designed to empty an account. Dont forget the Dow trade that was removed. It was down £1400 before being removed.

As far as i can remember the last dow trade was sell 10448
friday close was 10458 ,where's down 1400 come from ,i feel many people here are not trading at all but just out to have a go at certain individuals,i can't see what the problem is ,i like following mugs trades and i'm sure many others do ,obviously there are many people that have a problem with mug including skim ,but no need to get stropy just because your having a bad day . :mad:

jslee said:
Yes I agree but people will see these things for themselves anyway.

I think that it would be a good idea if a separate board was created for people to post their trades if they wanted to test a new system or if anyone fancies taking the stage. I'd be very happy to post my trades there. The fact that not many people do post trades here is a bit disconcerting. We may be quick to criticise but if we can't show better ourselves then should we really be slaying those that try.

Jane

Yes great idea jslee ,also we should have a board for people with a chip on their shoulder so they can moan and groan all they like and not bother anyone else . :cheesy:

Mr Chill, as MCGF has already said its a shame for the truth to get in the way of a good story.

Muggsy's site posted a SELL on the Dow on 31 December at 10448. On 8 January the Dow closed at 10592. At £10 a point this is £1440 down. But within a couple of hours the massively losing Dow trade was pulled from his website with the announcement that only the DAX would now be traded. A LOSS of £1440 doesnt look good. So was it declared void, or shall we get in Inspector Cluseau to investigate its mysterious disappearance?

At the same time he had a FTSE SELL at 4470 on 31 December. On 6 January the FTSE high was 4522 giving an additional LOSS of £520. No wonder the trades were pulled.

Muggsy's winners are always quoted at £10 a point, but I expect he'll tell us his losers were only 50p a point.

Anyone who points out the truth on this thread is slagged off big time by Mr Chill and jslee. The facts are on this thread for everyone to see for themselves.

Yes great idea jslee ,also we should have a board for people with a chip on their shoulder so they can moan and groan all they like and not bother anyone else .

Would that be called a chipboard Mr Chill ?

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Attachments

• clouseauslides.gif
    clouseauslides.gif
    43.5 KB · Views: 628
Pardon me - if I am overlooking something here!

But I thought a KING was master of their domain.

If Mug2K is calling himself stock marketKing why is he only master of one index and not all and sundry!!

Two Bars - Why have you assumed Mugsy would have closed his trades on the dates you have given?

The last update I received 8/1 was for both trades to continue so the figures you give are irrelevant.

The latest closing prices for the FTSE 4466 and DOW 10459 - not so bad a picture if you used these figures.

Golddigger, a drawdown of nearly £2000 on a £10000 account is 20 percent. Are you suggesting this is irrelevant? I believe its very important and am surprised by how many will overlook facts such as drawdown. Money managment is more important than entry and exits.

Yes Two Bars, money is everything.

When I was in church this morning the priest asked what was the most important thing in our lives.

My immediate thought was money and not trade entry.

I'm now glad this thread has been kept open, if only for the laughs the last few posts have provided.(Even if in mugsys case the joke is unintentional).

The Importance of Drawdown

Attached is the trading summary, (which I have posted before so apologies to those who have already seen it), of a simple trading system that I developed and backtested on the FTSE. The trades started in 1984 through to 2001 and turned a $10,000 account into $2.8 Million and this accounts for $80 of slippage and commission per trade but was designed for use with a brokerage and not a SB company.

But look at the drawdown, at its worst point it was $609K so is untradeable from that standpoint alone. In any trading method drawdown just cannot be ignored and in developing trading methods similar to this, (which is what this thread is all about), it is this aspect that takes most of the effort in refining the trading strategy. If it is ignored then you can be assured the trading method or system no matter how profitable is virtually worthless and would not be tradeable over the long term.

Paul

Attachments

• hhll1.xls
    540.5 KB · Views: 244