Focus

AllLosingTradesFor2Years

I have studied and tried optimizing patterns. One person recently mentioned I'm overfitting and that I should look more into the order book and volume to be able to execute better instead of worrying about if pattern A is greater than pattern B.
What can I focus more on to get to the "root cause(s)" of price instead of simply seeing the effect of price. How can I execute better? Is this even the right question?
I'm willing to put in the work, and I'm sure I have taken many paths that lead to dead ends.

My question now is:
What should I focus more on and what should I focus less on for me to succeed?

I don't know much about trading, but I have a feeling you should be a little more determined. Firstly make a decision, and then deal with the consequences :)
Its just my opinion.

Hey I really appreciate the feedback. I did make a decision and I really want to be a contrarian but that in of itself is such an abstract school of thought. I can't seem to figure out what works and what does not. Does TA even work?

TA is not 100% helpful but do help to certain extent to make trading decisions if done properly.

One of the biggest mistakes I made first starting years ago was changing my trading style too much. I'm not saying a person shouldn't adapt to a changing economy but careful you don't change something that is or close to working. Just work on fine tuning how you trade.