Fixed Odds and Binary Betting Companies

Miranda
My observations are simply based upon study of "Client money safety" across USA/ UK/ AUstralia and these Cyprus/ Malta based "Brokers" and their offering after I saw a broker go down in AUS with 47 million of client money
Do you know whT SIPC insurance is.. It coveres clients of only USA Stock brokers not even the Futures brokers
I have made these points in many posts about product transparance , etc

Hey, then what is your opinion on Binary options and Forex. Can you suggest me some which I can really rely on. I know it's a game of betting. One of its kind where strategies play their part. Am a US citizen, what would you suggest me.....

First aof all Miranda I am not a licenced investment advisor so can't tell you where you shoudl invest your money
I don;t know which risk you are asking about
1) is it about the Broker risk? client monet safety .. in that case I woudl stick to US regulated SIPC covered brokers like IB, Options express, Think or Swim
2) FX/ Futures and oen Binary Option exchange caled Nadex is regualted in US by CFTC . which does not have SIPC insurance
If you choose 1) then you have to see what instrument you wish to trade.. Stock? Options?

In a nut shell I would not touch anything other than Tru Exchange tarded SIPC insured product like stock trading and Options
It is vast subject.. you will have to learn yourself what each type of trading offers in terms of Risk and rewards
Bottom line
- IS it a true and regulated and liquid market? with NO conflict of interest with the Exchange!/ Broker
(in case of most retail FX you trade against the broker)
- Is your money protected if broker goes burst

If you deicde to outside US then perhaps FSA regualted products in UK ( don;t know much about canada) or ASx listed products in Australia ( In australai also only ASX participant brokers are protected not FX Not Futures and not BO

WHich products

I have seen a lot of bad feedback from different areas on TradeRush especially from affiliates who try to give a free method so long as you sign up and fund a TradeRush account. This is one to stay away from.

It all depends on what you're looking for. TradeRush can be very pushy when it comes to selling you the benefits and getting you signed up. I made the mistake once of putting in my real phone number and I was getting more calls from their sales team those first couple weeks than I was from my actual friends and family. It was only after I told the guy "look, I worked for a prop firm for years and daytrade real stocks and options so I promise you, there is nothing you can teach me about binary options blah blah.." Calls stopped instantly.

All brokers really offer the same thing. It's just about doing a bit of research as to who's behind the company. Some are pushy as hell and want you signed up now and others are way more mellow and happily answer questions.

If you want to know about a broker in a hurry, get them on live chat and ask some basic trading questions. I went on one of them once and asked the girl if I could 'short' a stock with her broker and she went on some long rant about how lots of trades can be 'short', sometimes 60 seconds and on.... Point being, many of them have no clue about actual trading.

So are you an affiliate marketer?

Last edited by a moderator: