Finspreads Crash?

rpuk

Anyone else having issues with finspreads tonight? Not been able to get online with them since about 2030??

I must have been lucky last night. They admit "technical problems" this morning.

Could not believe how good the platform was yesterday afternoon and then there it was gone! Phoned them at midnight and they suggested I tried it every hour as they were dealing with the problem.
9am and still no service! If it was not for their 50p minimum position size I would not use them until they got their platform sorted out.

I stopped using them years ago because the platform was ridiculously slow and always seemed to shut down as soon as the markets moved quickly. Reducing spreads probably resulted in a large increase in traffic from all those who wanted to give them another chance, hence the complete crash.

Well I have always been reasonably happy with them over the years but I think this is the longest outage that I have seen....pretty appalling that there is no backup solution in place from an IT point of view.

Any other recommendations for realiability on other platforms - IG maybe?

Well I have always been reasonably happy with them over the years but I think this is the longest outage that I have seen....pretty appalling that there is no backup solution in place from an IT point of view.

Any other recommendations for realiability on other platforms - IG maybe?

It's near the holiday, I am being philosophical about it. I, too, have had no serious complaints with them over many years.

True....we can always phone trade anyway. It's the IT consultant part of me that says 'What no failover?'

They're probably pulled the plug deliberately, because they lost too much money with 1pt Dow spread!

Chance would be a fine thing. First they have to make the platform work again, although I notice that the spreads showing on the home page are back to the old rates.

tbh all this competition on the indices is making me feel like simply having a daily punt...might be a *nice* distraction from forex and or oil..1 pip spread is a joke quite frankly..:)

Yes, I can't see how they can offer 1pt spread on a market with 1pt spread, unless they never hedge anything, or reject any trade that doesn't immediately go against the punter.

tbh all this competition on the indices is making me feel like simply having a daily punt...might be a *nice* distraction from forex and or oil..1 pip spread is a joke quite frankly..:)

Spread, or no spread, you've still got to get the direction right, mate. Or is that the easy part? :)

Spread, or no spread, you've still got to get the direction right, mate. Or is that the easy part? :)

LOL, strange you should say that, I've just spent half an hour looking at the FTSE chart/s for the last couple of weeks...only way (IMVHO) I would play it would be on 5 min TFs using a fast/slow MA entry aiming for 20-30 pip limit...wouldn't have caught that fookin spike down that just happened though...:-0