Final Events of Bible Prophecy

Laptop,

“wandering off in...a weird direction... having the courage...and the initiative...to blaze a new path...can always use more thinkers. I smell a schism

In the context of T2W (or perhaps beyond), is this how you perceive yourself? I think you do. So you are assuming the piety of the blessed - Cliff Richard, Bono, etc. And if 95% are wrong, you must be right. Isn’t humility a Christian virtue?

Do you not recognise the irony of your Gold Star of Lenin and the Red Flag (albeit lately subsumed by Russian Orthodox Church)?

Grant.

Laptop,

“wandering off in...a weird direction... having the courage...and the initiative...to blaze a new path...can always use more thinkers. I smell a schism

In the context of T2W (or perhaps beyond), is this how you perceive yourself? I think you do. So you are assuming the piety of the blessed - Cliff Richard, Bono, etc. And if 95% are wrong, you must be right. Isn’t humility a Christian virtue?

Do you not recognise the irony of your Gold Star of Lenin and the Red Flag (albeit lately subsumed by Russian Orthodox Church)?

Grant.
I perceive my self as nobody. Few people ever find all of the answers to their questions about life and what it is all about. We, who now live in a world where we have discovered that not every answer is to be found in science,do we need some kind of spiritual direction. Who are we? What purpose does life serve? Can science and religion co-exist? These and many other questions.

Grant, looks like you have made up your mind with your view on the world.

Reactions: BSD
Laptop,

Indeed I have a fixed view on the world: science and religion can co-exist but never the twain shall meet. However, for someone not religious - and probably beyond the comprehension of the devout - my values are derived from many sources, the validity of which are neither prescribed nor dogmatic.

Grant.

Laptop,

Indeed I have a fixed view on the world: science and religion can co-exist but never the twain shall meet. However, for someone not religious - and probably beyond the comprehension of the devout - my values are derived from many sources, the validity of which are neither prescribed nor dogmatic.

Grant.

:rolleyes:

Laptop,

I find your non-verbal post very witty.

If I've caused you any offence, I apologise. My tone does not always reflect the decent guy I try to be.

Grant

Indeed I have a fixed view on the world: science and religion can co-exist but never the twain shall meet.

I have a different view on this. Both science and religion (at its core) attempt to seek truth. The fact that it is clear that truth can be distorted by human influence is why we have so many religions and even in the case of science new findings have changed previously held views.

The issue for most is that there seems to be two very polarised views on whether we are here by accident or it was all created by God. Again I have no issue at all with the fact that it is eminently possible that in evolution there was intelligence in the way that things evolved. To presuppose that human beings are the highest level of intelligence is as arrogant as many of the totally doctrinal religions that we see.

The evidence for intelligence being involved in evolutionary developments is actually very strong.

Paul

Basically, the human race is on a course of self-destruction, led by a power crazed ruling elite, who see the wider population of serfs as guinea pigs, and are out to get rid of 90+% of us.

I find it hard to imagine human beings existing (on earth at least) in 1000 years time, 2000-3000 years seems even more difficult to imagine. Anyone also find this hard to imagine? How many years into the future do you start to see the continued existence of humans as hard to imagine?

Basically, the human race is on a course of self-destruction, led by a power crazed ruling elite, who see the wider population of serfs as guinea pigs, and are out to get rid of 90+% of us.

I find it hard to imagine human beings existing (on earth at least) in 1000 years time, 2000-3000 years seems even more difficult to imagine. Anyone also find this hard to imagine? How many years into the future do you start to see the continued existence of humans as hard to imagine?

I think that you are very optimistic. No one nation is prepared to stick it's neck out to save the planet, therefore the planet cannot be saved.

In an interview involving Heather Mills, the other day, she said that 13% of pollution was caused by cars, etc. 3% by aircraft and 18% by the consumption of meat. That's a new one for me but she explained that countries were exporting to Europe grain that they could use to feed themselves and destroying forests so as to grow it.

Here we are, talking about smoke pollution, etc. when no one seems to notice this consumption of meat (55 billion heads of cattle per year).

There are so many factors entering into the global warming equation that I cannot see how anyone can resolve the problem.

Split

I think that you are very optimistic. No one nation is prepared to stick it's neck out to save the planet, therefore the planet cannot be saved.

In an interview involving Heather Mills, the other day, she said that 13% of pollution was caused by cars, etc. 3% by aircraft and 18% by the consumption of meat. That's a new one for me but she explained that countries were exporting to Europe grain that they could use to feed themselves and destroying forests so as to grow it.

Here we are, talking about smoke pollution, etc. when no one seems to notice this consumption of meat (55 billion heads of cattle per year).

There are so many factors entering into the global warming equation that I cannot see how anyone can resolve the problem.

Split

:LOL: . Don't get called that too often. Although i am an optimist, I'm easily mistaken for a pessimist.
As for the GW SCAM; It is just that!

Perhaps 1000 years is optimistic. 500 might be a struggle at this rate.

chuffin 'eck, this thread still going?
clearly Atonement has been postponed.
anyone willing to post a summary of past few days?

Yes trendie still going strong

95% are wrong when it comes to trading. What if you 90% to 95% are wrong on Final Events of Bible Prophecy post #1?

It would seem most who post on this thread are agnostic.

Last edited:

Boy in a school exam doesn't know the answers to the questions. He writes God only knows.

Gets his paper back with a note scribbled over it.

God passed. You failed.

God only knows and I hope it stays that way for man kind... :D

The crazed elite as you call them could this be the Evil one.. The Bible says in John 12:31 Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out.

So you trendie seem to believe in the crazed elite but don't seem to believe in Bible prophecy. How do you separate the two in your beliefs?

I dont believe in the crazed elite.

Nor do I believe in faith-based politics, or faith-based anything. I need evidence, which is open to analysis and criticism, without fear of being burnt alive or called a heretic.
(I am going to have to catch up on the posts over the week to see where we are. Bear with me.)

Paul,

“The evidence for intelligence being involved in evolutionary developments is actually very strong.”

That’s a very bold claim. Perhaps you could provide an example and a source for this. Are you referring to the idea of God (or something) as being the ‘Intelligent Designer’?

Grant.

I find it hard to imagine human beings existing (on earth at least) in 1000 years time, ?

The crazed elite as you call them could this be the Evil one.. The Bible says in John 12:31 Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out.

So you JTrader seem to believe in the crazed elite but don't seem to believe in Bible prophecy. How do you separate the two in your beliefs?

So you JTrader seem to believe in the crazed elite but don't seem to believe in Bible prophecy. How do you separate the two in your beliefs?

I never said that. But I could seperate the 2 in my beliefs by seeing them as 2 seperate independent phenomenons, with any similarities & relevance being a coincidence.

5 years back, i read the bible code 1 & 2, by Micheal Drosnin.
I was shocked by the accuracy of the alledged code statements hidden within the christian holy bible. And do see merit to a lot of this, the bible & how it relates to current events.
I have since seen documentaries on the bible code that try to discredit it (danny wallace on sky i believe did one, though he also did ones that did its best to dismiss 911 & illuminati conspiracy theories, - yellow journalism - so such programs don't do a lot to convince me of something when they are so biased on certain issues).

But yes, there is some credit to bible prophecy perhaps.
Also, i am not religious.

Here is a challenge to scientists who look for empirical evidence to explain God and refute claims without sound facts.

I trust everyone at one point or another in their lives have felt love in their hearts. Either for their spouse or children, pets what ever... Love as in the pure emoition, that delightful warm feeling of euphoria when one is in a trans like state of happiness and pure joyful contentment. You get my drift...

Tell a scientists you are in love and how does he know.

Can you measure love?
Can you see love?
Can you touch love?
Does love exist at all?
Can anybody prove love?

God and faith is the same but to subject it to the scientific microscope is like submitting love under the microscope for scientific analysis.

What do you think they'll tell you... Her eyes have dilated. His groins have stirred? But what does that tell you about the existence of love? Not much at all.

Hence, the word faith.

I do believe God and Love are one and the same thing. This is a common denominator of all religions and similarly displayed in comments on BSDs picture too.

Festive greetings everyone.

Happy Christmas to you to Atilla

Here is a challenge to scientists who look for empirical evidence to explain God and refute claims without sound facts.

I trust everyone at one point or another in their lives have felt love in their hearts. Either for their spouse or children, pets what ever... Love as in the pure emoition, that delightful warm feeling of euphoria when one is in a trans like state of happiness and pure joyful contentment. You get my drift...

Tell a scientists you are in love and how does he know.

Can you measure love?
Can you see love?
Can you touch love?
Does love exist at all?
Can anybody prove love?

God and faith is the same but to subject it to the scientific microscope is like submitting love under the microscope for scientific analysis.

What do you think they'll tell you... Her eyes have dilated. His groins have stirred? But what does that tell you about the existence of love? Not much at all.

Hence, the word faith.

I do believe God and Love are one and the same thing. This is a common denominator of all religions and similarly displayed in comments on BSDs picture too.

Festive greetings everyone.

Hi Atilla

An unusal thread and a very good post Atilla, that name of yours as got to go in the New Year :LOL:

True Story

A man survived above the Death Zone for a period of time far in excess of what was understood to be possible.

He was in reasonable shape considering his ordeal when he was rescued.

He said he could not explain it :confused: Doctors could not explain it :confused:

His last thought and what he assumed would be his final thoughts he remembered were with his loved ones and how he must not let them down.

So he did not let them down ~

He

LIVED

Happy Christmas and have a good New Year all

Andy