Feedback on draft 'Essentials of Psychology' Sticky Required

timsk

Legendary member
Hi all,
I've produced a draft for the 'Essentials of Psychology' Sticky which I'd like to get checked before posting it. So, if you're familiar with the various psychological issues associated with trading and the work of Elder, Douglas & Steenbarger etc. - please e-mail me at [email protected] so I can send you the document.
Thanks,
Tim.
(NB: please note that it's not possible to attach files to PMs - hence the need to use e-mail.)

Hi all,
I've produced a draft for the 'Essentials of Psychology' Sticky which I'd like to get checked before posting it. So, if you're familiar with the various psychological issues associated with trading and the work of Elder, Douglas & Steenbarger etc. - please e-mail me at [email protected] so I can send you the document.
Thanks,
Tim.
(NB: please note that it's not possible to attach files to PMs - hence the need to use e-mail.)

All trading books , non trading shrinks and gurus don't cover issues such as stresses and prepare traders and strains of drawdowns , failed trades . failed systems/methods,failed set up , failed trend , failed trade , losing , ego , instinctive responses etc.There are many descent threads on other forums , that are worth reading .

All trading books , non trading shrinks and gurus don't cover issues such as stresses and prepare traders and strains of drawdowns , failed trades . failed systems/methods,failed set up , failed trend , failed trade , losing , ego , instinctive responses etc.There are many descent threads on other forums , that are worth reading .

Hi 15 min tlb,
If you'd be kind enough to supply the links - I can add them in the Sticky.
Thanks.
Tim.

-------------------------------------------------

Is there anyone else interested in having an input into this Sticky before I post it? If so, wing me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.

The ego takes over traders mindset , when things are not going well , it makes traders deviate from following their game plan.The same ego applies to trading , and the skill is to learn to accept losses and walk away and only do one trade in the morning session and one in the afternoon session, but your ego wants you to be a winner and carry on.The ego destroys accounts.

Seperating Yourself From Your Ego

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=s...fficial&client=firefox-a&source=hp&channel=np

http://www.melanietoniaevans.com/articles/ego.htm

Would you stand in front of someone while they were delivering a whole heap of unhealthy, insane, abusive, damaging and disgusting versions of your trading and skills and your damaging your account with losses ?

You can prepare a new trader for trading with technical analysis , price action or another method or system .You can give them a trading plan and free profitable systems , there are many of them out there .

95 % of them fail due to psyche and mindset , 80 % of trading is psyche and 20 % the rest .There should be more training and courses on mindset and psyche and for preparation of adverse market conditions , failed trends , failed set ups , failed anylysis , drawdowns , losses , slippage ,uncertainty , system failure , method failure and other adverse factors .When something fails , it is really the time when most traders fail , when they go live and most traders are not prepared for this .Traders need to know the realities of trading , and experience it , before they go solo.

The thread was closed because it reveals a lot of truth about trading psychology , and is against the financial interests of forum owners.There was no need to close the thread.

Forums - Why do 95 % of traders lose ?