fed up ? Peed off?

I think the Iphones are great, I've had a go on various other phones and tablets but the Iphone has always been the best in my opinion. I bought an Iphone 4 about 2 and a half years ago but I've never upgraded it as I really don't see the point until my current one becomes unuseable, there's nothing I need on an Iphone 5 that I can't do on the 4 and none of the new releases have anything substantial over the previous. I guess Apple have to keep churning them out to try to stay ahead of the game though.

websites **** me of these days! why does that article need to be spread across 7 pages!

I don't see what's the issue? Might as well complain a new car model comes out every year... Doesn't mean you can't use said model for a couple decades or more.

I don't see what's the issue? Might as well complain a new car model comes out every year... Doesn't mean you can't use said model for a couple decades or more.

The point is how succcessful Apples marketing strategy is; to convince the legions of fans that to be cool one must have the latest gizmo. True- someone who thinks for themselves, not being one who needs to run with the pack, can manage quite well with last years (or later) apple phone etc.

As an aside it always amuses me that many people buy these phones etc containing a multitude of apps ! capable of running a small business -yet all they do is play games and utter nonsense into the mouth piece at other times.

The thought that many who covet the latest gizmo do not think about how the gizmo will improve their live but rather that they must have one. In other words -not using the machine as an aid but rather becoming a slave to the machine and its' must have psychology generated by advertising and marketing.

Phew ! I feel better now :D

websites **** me of these days! why does that article need to be spread across 7 pages!

So they can cram in 70 adverts across 7 pages instead of 10 onto one.

How about adverts that follow you round :)

The point is how succcessful Apples marketing strategy is; to convince the legions of fans that to be cool one must have the latest gizmo. True- someone who thinks for themselves, not being one who needs to run with the pack, can manage quite well with last years (or later) apple phone etc.

As an aside it always amuses me that many people buy these phones etc containing a multitude of apps ! capable of running a small business -yet all they do is play games and utter nonsense into the mouth piece at other times.

The thought that many who covet the latest gizmo do not think about how the gizmo will improve their live but rather that they must have one. In other words -not using the machine as an aid but rather becoming a slave to the machine and its' must have psychology generated by advertising and marketing.

Phew ! I feel better now :D

I love this sketch...

Always worth a repeat :)

The irony of this thread..thanks Neil

Last year, I bought my wife a shuffle for her Birthday, the year before that another shuffle, the year before that..yep you can probably guess. Its her Birthday in a few days..
Now before Im accused of being a tight **** git, I do of course buy her other gifts..like a mac book pro, but back to the point.
Every year, the shuffle packs up..just like that, dead. Just coinciding ready for the next birthday, and Apple get to sell another of its products. This year, just two days ago..kaput
On the one hand its genius marketing, on the other my left, I hold the Samsung S3.
Thats what's happening to Apple.

Thanks again Neil (y)

:ffsear said:
.....why does that article need to be spread across 7 pages!
Manipulation of perception to the masses!
:malaguti said:
On the one hand its genius marketing,.....Thats what's happening to Apple.
At the same time, people just CANNOT control themselves!