Fat cat pay. Is it obscene ?

Poor people

So I’m walking back from the supermarket this morning and as I am walking past a homeless man he says “Excuse me sir, do you have any spare change?” I looked at him and said “Yes thanks, plenty” and continued on my way. Homeless people, not only are they annoyingly poor, they stink too.

The world is full of people simply envious and jealous of other peoples success

We Brits are one of the worse at this .....I have spent time working in a few countries and none compare to our submerged issues with anyone doing better than ourselves .....

If someone is making money and is not breaking the law then good for them.....one pound, one million pounds ,100 million pounds.....good for them

If the law is broken then prove it and prosecute them.......if they are testing the morals of many regarding activities and decisions then it's subjective .....no law has been broken......that's life......we are not all,the same re moral compasses .....and it seems the big guy up top still rarely sends done the lightning bolts on such characters who are bending the rules to make money.....sad but true

If people havnt the balls or brains to make serious money then I don't see how they can try to stamp on people who can......unless one can prove foul play of course......

N

Markets don't do emotion or morals so envy and jealousy are simply results of insecure humans who have mummy issues.

Brits are no more or less in having these human emotions along with the rest of the World's popullation. Perhaps better educated than most and living in greater abundance.

What is IMPORTANT is the environment that is provided by legislation and good governance for the conduct of business.

There is no doubt that Robert Maxwell fleeced the pension pot and took his life. Good regulation and audit process failed to pick up irregularities.

There is little doubt 'Sir' Philip Green asset stripped and abused BHS for private gain. To be proven one way or another.

There is no doubt Fred Good fart in the wind - Shred grew fat with greed and without due dilligence, chasing bonus payments and targets made the biggest loss in UK history (£24bn). He is now paid an annual pension of 600K. He resigned in 2009. Never had any proceedings brought against him.

Our Sir's and Lord's have been found doing wrongs along with many FTSE companies losing shareholder value, whilst personal numerations have been sky rocketing.

The Brex-5hitters complain of EU regulation whilst Germany is stronger than ever before and very able to compete. They want out. Are we to think all Brexiters are simply jealous, envious moaners. Ofcourse not. Situation is much more complex than that.

Personally I find it incredibly daft and stupid that people resort to jealousy to explain valid objections to unfair behaviour and practice in market place which acts to the detriment of our financial institutions. Self awarding numeration in the old boy network is what we have. If people can get away with something they will try.

It's a bit like pi55ing on public toilet seats instead of lifting lid up.

It's a bit like breaking the windows on a public bus stop because yobs feel they can and get away with it.

It's a bit like looting a £1000 pound LCD TV because you find a shop with broken windows. However, here 1000s of poor looters were caught and brought to justice and given criminal records.

It's a bit like the MP's and Lords fiddling their expenses, stealling 10s, 20s, 30,000s of pounds and more but none have been issued with a criminal record, even after admitting a 'lapse of judgement'.

There is common sense and then there is injustice, greed and theft. Then there is jealousy. :whistling

Mi tinks u guys are avin a larfff. Time for me to forkoff out of this thread and let you smart aleks get on with what ever you think and do. :(

Last edited:
So I’m walking back from the supermarket this morning and as I am walking past a homeless man he says “Excuse me sir, do you have any spare change?” I looked at him and said “Yes thanks, plenty” and continued on my way. Homeless people, not only are they annoyingly poor, they stink too.

Be really satisfying if NT had to change places with that homeless man for a week just to get a taster !

Hi Atilla,

"I find personal questions such as this, really daft as much as I respect you Tomorton and Mr Charts. "

I didn't ask any questions, much less personal ones.

I had the temerity to approve Tomorton's post because he posed questions which seemed perfectly valid and relevant to the discussion.

Best of luck to anyone who has more money than me, I have no problem with that, however wealthy they are, as long as they pay their taxes.
Excessive money does sometimes generate totally bizarre and extreme behaviour and can be downright dangerous as well as socially irresponsible. Look at Trump. What's even more frightening is the level of his support in the American electorate.

Have a good day, Atilla, no offence intended even though you are a Lib Dem I believe ;) :)
BTW, David Attenborough is doing a programme on the LibDems.

Richard

. . .Excessive money does sometimes generate totally bizarre and extreme behaviour and can be downright dangerous as well as socially irresponsible . . .
My stepson and his girlfriend have just left after stopping by for a bank holiday coffee. He works part-time as a race engineer for f.f.Corse. As such, he mixes with the super rich on a regular basis.

Reading this comment in Richard's post raised a wry smile as he was telling me about one chap who is so wealthy that he simply doesn't care what happens to his cars. Having written off no less than five Ferraris in a year - yes five! - other clients are a tad nervous about racing with him. Ye don't say!

Another client turned up for a racing day at Silverstone and my stepson asked him which of the various Ferraris he owns did he want to race that day, suggesting he might like one in particular (Sorry, I'm not a petrol head and can't remember the model.) Anyway, the client's reply was along the lines of: "Good idea, I'd completely forgotten I had that one". The car in question is worth well over £250k. By contrast, the last thing I came across that I'd forgotten I had was a fishing lure costing £12.50!

Different world.
Tim.

My stepson and his girlfriend have just left after stopping by for a bank holiday coffee. He works part-time as a race engineer for f.f.Corse. As such, he mixes with the super rich on a regular basis.

Reading this comment in Richard's post raised a wry smile as he was telling me about one chap who is so wealthy that he simply doesn't care what happens to his cars. Having written off no less than five Ferraris in a year - yes five! - other clients are a tad nervous about racing with him. Ye don't say!

Another client turned up for a racing day at Silverstone and my stepson asked him which of the various Ferraris he owns did he want to race that day, suggesting he might like one in particular (Sorry, I'm not a petrol head and can't remember the model.) Anyway, the client's reply was along the lines of: "Good idea, I'd completely forgotten I had that one". The car in question is worth well over £250k. By contrast, the last thing I came across that I'd forgotten I had was a fishing lure costing £12.50!

Different world.
Tim.

You are right, it is a different world for the super rich. As with everything there may need to be checks and balances. Howard Hughes is a good example of huge wealth corrupting absolutely. Trump may be some new example of lunacy caused by wealth.

Answering the title question. It is, isn't it? When you see BP boss getting a raise to 14 million per year and the company lost money, I believe, this year. What do you think?

A good story about Spain, this morning. The VIP prison has several infamous inmates, at present. There is Blesa, Conde, Pineda, Correa, Barnat ( you can Google them). They, all, hate each others guts, because it all boils down to too many snouts in the same trough. The guards had to break them up. This is, of course, about corrption--not about hard working executives earning millions a year.

Brilliant stuff Tim.

How do the rich keep track of where all their keys are? (not that I lie awake worrying for them)

Brilliant stuff Tim.

How do the rich keep track of where all their keys are? (not that I lie awake worrying for them)

One has vehicular access and operational initiation executive operatives (key holding staff), doesn't one?

Markets don't do emotion or morals so envy and jealousy are simply results of insecure humans who have mummy issues.

Brits are no more or less in having these human emotions along with the rest of the World's popullation. Perhaps better educated than most and living in greater abundance.

What is IMPORTANT is the environment that is provided by legislation and good governance for the conduct of business.

There is no doubt that Robert Maxwell fleeced the pension pot and took his life. Good regulation and audit process failed to pick up irregularities.

There is little doubt 'Sir' Philip Green asset stripped and abused BHS for private gain. To be proven one way or another.

There is no doubt Fred Good fart in the wind - Shred grew fat with greed and without due dilligence, chasing bonus payments and targets made the biggest loss in UK history (£24bn). He is now paid an annual pension of 600K. He resigned in 2009. Never had any proceedings brought against him.

Our Sir's and Lord's have been found doing wrongs along with many FTSE companies losing shareholder value, whilst personal numerations have been sky rocketing.

The Brex-5hitters complain of EU regulation whilst Germany is stronger than ever before and very able to compete. They want out. Are we to think all Brexiters are simply jealous, envious moaners. Ofcourse not. Situation is much more complex than that.

Personally I find it incredibly daft and stupid that people resort to jealousy to explain valid objections to unfair behaviour and practice in market place which acts to the detriment of our financial institutions. Self awarding numeration in the old boy network is what we have. If people can get away with something they will try.

It's a bit like pi55ing on public toilet seats instead of lifting lid up.

It's a bit like breaking the windows on a public bus stop because yobs feel they can and get away with it.

It's a bit like looting a £1000 pound LCD TV because you find a shop with broken windows. However, here 1000s of poor looters were caught and brought to justice and given criminal records.

It's a bit like the MP's and Lords fiddling their expenses, stealling 10s, 20s, 30,000s of pounds and more but none have been issued with a criminal record, even after admitting a 'lapse of judgement'.

There is common sense and then there is injustice, greed and theft. Then there is jealousy. :whistling

Mi tinks u guys are avin a larfff. Time for me to forkoff out of this thread and let you smart aleks get on with what ever you think and do. :(

There's also a world of difference between people who made their own money first and then chose to go rogue (allegedly).....and the shameful scum ridden parasites who steal the money out of taxpayers pockets

I have twice worked in the public sector and had my eyes opened......makes buccaneer entrepreneurs look like schoolboys with some of the principles displayed by the few who flout their positions and privileges

N

I read somewhere that Rockefeller back in the 30s always gave 10% of his earnings to his local church. Buying divine guidance maybe ?

Critics!

I read somewhere that Rockefeller back in the 30s always gave 10% of his earnings to his local church. Buying divine guidance maybe ?

Does it matter what his motives were? How much of your earnings do you give away without any coercion from the Government?

As far as I can see, your only contribution to society is bellyaching about the rich.

Does it matter what his motives were? How much of your earnings do you give away without any coercion from the Government?

As far as I can see, your only contribution to society is bellyaching about the rich.

How much DO YOU give to charity ? Not in actual terms but as a annual percentage of earnings. If you are just a bull****ter pretending to be rich then not much is adequate.
I can just see NT counting out his coins every night ! Some people. I like to keep the rich up to the mark on giving to the less fortunate.
It is a better strategy, even for the mean to give liberally rather than it be taken from them.
If I were rich I would have a free drinks on the house evening once a year at my local pub, but I am not yet anywhere near it yet !

Last edited:
How much DO YOU give to charity ? Not in actual terms but as a annual percentage of earnings. If you are just a bull****ter pretending to be rich then not much is adequate.
I can just see NT counting out his coins every night ! Some people. I like to keep the rich up to the mark on giving to the less fortunate.
It is a better strategy, even for the mean to give liberally rather than it be taken from them.

It is you, not me, driving yourself and everyone else crazy with your suppositions. :rolleyes:

It is you, not me, driving yourself and everyone else crazy with your suppositions. :rolleyes:

Just like your counter part from the USA hhiusa it seems. Have a get together and fight over who is paying for the drinks. Compare notes of who has done what - like insulting the homeless !

Have a bad day ! You deserve it.