Eyestrain

well i suffer from it at times depends how close i am to the screen, if the urgrade to a better screen isn't an option, move back 2-3 feet, by doing that i have noticed that you also get a bigger picture of events unfolding...... but eyestrain is an issue i feel 1-2 times a week.... but thats when ive probaly exceeded 4 hours plus a day 12 inches in front of it. !!

JD

Eye strain is terrible a couple of months ago quite bad, your eyes throb, your eyelids almost burning. Best thing is
1 keep off the PC for a couple of days if possible when really bad.
2 also keep looking out of the window at objects far away to stretch your eye muscles.
3 Also try laying down with cotton wool pads soaked in cold water on your eye lids. You can try Optrex eye drops for tired dry eyes .

4 Try positioning your screen away from the window. Also buy some daylight light bulbs this has helped me.

I have a pair of glasses do not need them really for work but they are very very weak but have a reflective coating on so they reflect the light of the screen

hope this helps

Kathy

Look, would you lot mind increasing the font size when you post? I can't read a darn word of this thread...

As far as I know...
(Im an avid gamer, so I know this... I spend hours and hours without stop in front of a screen)

The number 1 thing you should be worried about regarding eye strain is: MONITOR REFRESH RATES!

Thats right!
No CRT (17'' for example) should cause you any eyestrain if you have the refresh set to 75Hz or above (80Hz or 100Hz is great)

And to make a CRT as pleasant as a LCD flat screens decrease monitor Gama Brightness, neither too high and not too low of course. The screen should be clear enough so you can read it as you can read a white paper sheet.

Hope to be of any help, bye!

Well I have 2 x 19 inch monitors
75mhz refresh
3 feet away: at head level
plus swivel chair
curtains for window
small halogen desklight - adjustable for focus and 2 brightnesses - I only use lower one..

I started to suffer from eyestrain : found my eyes had slightly changed so new variable focus / reactolite glasses.. very expensive £300+

Very good.. no more eyestrain..

Am going to switch to 4* 17 inch TFTs tho..

The simple change of your glass prescription could not be caused by the monithors.

Maybe because your eyes were already not seeing well and the eyestrain developed.

Check if the Halogen lamp isnt reflecting too much on the monitor screen, because that could cause problems.

Oh and If you have good quality CRTs then probably its best, at least until you buy the LCD, to get the Refresh rate to 80, 90 or more if possible