Exporting MT4 profiles

troyresearch

Does anyone know how to export a saved profile, say, to dump to a USB stick and copy to another PC?

I've tried looking in the program subdirectory called 'Profiles' and the ones I've saved don't appear there, just the ones hard coded into the program by my broker.

Profiles are in the profiles directory, templates are in the templates and experts\templates directories are you sure you don't want to export a template ?

Does anyone know how to export a saved profile, say, to dump to a USB stick and copy to another PC?

I've tried looking in the program subdirectory called 'Profiles' and the ones I've saved don't appear there, just the ones hard coded into the program by my broker.

If you are using windows 7 or vista, there is microsoft new security features called UAC (User Access Control). In short, nobody can write to C:\Program Files\.. directories anymore. After installation, any customization will be written in shadow directories.

But if you are using "Open Document" call from any program, (i.e. open chart, open profiles, open MS word, open MS excel, etc..etc...) windows 7 or vista will merge view, only merge view, both original and shadow directories... as if... as if... as if.. it's written in C:\Program Files\... directories.

Therefore your Profiles is stored in shadow directory. Not C:\Program Files\... anymore. The only one stored in C:\Program Files\... are preinstalled profiles.

I would like to copy paste from The following but i don't think it's giving credit to the writer. So here is the link.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/metatrader/48702-solving-profile-problems-vista.html

(y)

If you are using windows 7 or vista, there is microsoft new security features called UAC (User Access Control). In short, nobody can write to C:\Program Files\.. directories anymore. After installation, any customization will be written in shadow directories.

But if you are using "Open Document" call from any program, (i.e. open chart, open profiles, open MS word, open MS excel, etc..etc...) windows 7 or vista will merge view, only merge view, both original and shadow directories... as if... as if... as if.. it's written in C:\Program Files\... directories.

Therefore your Profiles is stored in shadow directory. Not C:\Program Files\... anymore. The only one stored in C:\Program Files\... are preinstalled profiles.

I would like to copy paste from The following but i don't think it's giving credit to the writer. So here is the link.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/metatrader/48702-solving-profile-problems-vista.html

(y)

Interesting stuff, but there's always someone whose computer won't play ball - that's me!

I have all my MT4 programs installed in Documents\Forex\various brokers\, nowhere near Program Files\, but I still can't get my profiles to show up on another MT4 with their EAs, indicators etc. It's a real ;pain in the A to have to set up 32 charts with EAs!.

Anyone had the same problem or could please suggest a solution?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Perhas this one can help you.

MT4i - MT4i EACopy

Just put EA, profiles, Indicators and all customization in 1 place and this tool will copy all presets to all directories (ak.a all metatrader brokers).

Hi Mike,

Perhas this one can help you.

MT4i - MT4i EACopy

Just put EA, profiles, Indicators and all customization in 1 place and this tool will copy all presets to all directories (ak.a all metatrader brokers).

Hi de1929,
Many thanks for the link. I tried the EACopy routine twice but nothing showed in the target MT4 Files/Profiles except the default profiles. So, unless i did something wrong, that didn't solve the problem. :mad: This would seem to be a WIndows 7 quirk.

Thanks again,

Mike

this windows 7 quirk is called UAC.

You can disable windows UAC. Please follow this website:

Disable UAC in Windows 7

After all disabled, see if problem still persist and let us know.

Thanks for your kind suggestions, but I've tried that and it still only exports blank charts. I then have to drag n drop the required charts into the blank spaces, then load up the EAs onto each chart. Someone told me W7 was much better than Vista...Hah!